TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL Rumor Mill operates at full capacity this time every year.

It's kind of fun if you don't take the stuff it generates too seriously.

I'd brush this off like the other dozens of "rumblings" (to quote LaCanfora), but for a scout to be quoted on anticipating getting fired is a horrible look.

Agreed it would be more dysfunction, and still bad timing with free agency and June 1 coming up.

Additionally, do we really think the Pegulas can pull off rebuilding TWO professional sports front offices at the same time over the next 60 days?

and in the same city?

Per a league source, the Buffalo media are whining, thin-skinned, spiteful, rumor mongers on a witch hunt.

Now if a couple of people pick that up and repeat it, it will become fact.

the Buffalo media banged away against Whaley for a long long time, which is different then the national media reporting scouts think they will be fired. Btw there are scouts that have been there since before Whaley arrived , The scouts dismissal may have nothing to do with Wahley's status..

I agree

You hire GM then HC not the other way around.

First year HC being a GM as well? SMH at ownership, almost like Pegs want the team to lose fans so they can move the team.

I thought I really liked the new owners but this is just mad. Its horrible

lets wait and see

..Marrone made his own bed with his "culture change idea" as a dictatorial General Patton which pissed off players, coaches AND OBD brass.....with mutiny on the horizon, he took his $4 mil and ran despite Terry offering him a 4 year, $19.6 mil extension...Pegula himself crafted the czar/czarina/Russian bride concept with Polian coming in to train Kim to be the Prez....."it's her baby" Terry told inner circles.....at the same time, Schwartz said if that was to happen. "I'll just resign, I have plenty to live on (2 yrs remaining from Lions)"........no sense in Polian at 65+ stomaching the upheaval and turmoil known as OBD.....stay in the booth and avoid ulcers..........

this all sounds plausible. I wonder why they didn't bring in Coughlin to work with Kim, or one of many qualified czar types.

Can we make whaley our designated dumpster diver?

The Buffalo news has seen to that. Now we wait for their next target. Tick tick tick

why doesn't it hold up ?

do you think Andy Ried for instance sits back and lets the gm make draft picks with out a ton of input and pressure.?

McDermott is young and inexperienced , but it could be the model he has seen work

McDermott is not Andy Reid. Andy Reid is revolutionizing the game of football. Sean is...not.

McDermott is not Andy Reid. Andy Reid is revolutionizing the game of football. Sean is...not.

yes but if your mentor is doing something you will put the same practices to use. Nobody is saying it is correct to give a first time coach that much power. They are saying this is the set up .

Revolutionizing football ? can he win a super bowl first.

yes but if your mentor is doing something you will put the same practices to use. Nobody is saying it is correct to give a first time coach that much power. They are saying this is the set up .

Revolutionizing football ? can he win a super bowl first.

You can be ahead of your time and not win a Superbowl. There is a lot involved in winning a Superbowl but the most important is the QB. Give Andy Reid a top 10 QB and he will easily win one.

You can be ahead of your time and not win a Superbowl. There is a lot involved in winning a Superbowl but the most important is the QB. Give Andy Reid a top 10 QB and he will easily win one.

mcnabb was never a top ten qb ? Did he lose all of those championship games against elite qb play.

Andy reid is a good coach , maybe even great but he isn't Lombardi, Bill b, or Walsh

mcnabb was never a top ten qb ? Did he lose all of those championship games against elite qb play.

Andy reid is a good coach , maybe even great but he isn't Lombardi, Bill b, or Walsh

and isn;t he just taking Walsh and Wyche principals and expanding on them

and isn;t he just taking Walsh and Wyche principals and expanding on them

Andy Reid lost one Superbowl by a field goal to a loaded New England team with a stacked defense, Tom Brady at QB, and Bill Belichick as the head coach. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Andy Reid lost one Superbowl by a field goal to a loaded New England team with a stacked defense, Tom Brady at QB, and Bill Belichick as the head coach. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

He lost 3 NFC championship games in a row before that. I was hoping for a 4th so I could throw that back at my Eagles fan friends whenever they brought up our 4 straight Super Bowl losses.

Edited by Buffalo86

He lost 3 NFC championship games in a row before that. I was hoping for a 4th so I could throw that back at my Eagles fan friends whenever they brought up our 4 straight Super Bowl losses.

The original point was that Reid is an elite coach and is very experienced. Sean is on training wheels.