[closed]Why we may have to draft a QB first round

no, he's worse, probably be fired mid season and they will finish 2-14.

that's why I'm not watching this season. I mean coaches being fired, losing games, why the !@#$ would you even watch?

I can post ridiculous bull **** just like you have so far this off season. but carry on with you're "firing the HC" bull ****!

....easy Big Dawg....getting all worked up over a non sequitur......the clown ain't worth cardio troubles..............

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, he's worse, probably be fired mid season and they will finish 2-14.

that's why I'm not watching this season. I mean coaches being fired, losing games, why the !@#$ would you even watch?

I can post ridiculous bull **** just like you have so far this off season. but carry on with you're "firing the HC" bull ****!

The Ignore List is your friend. I can attest, it works great.

Edited by cd1

You're quite welcome to do so. I'm going to let them put together a collegiate career first before we annoint them.

Honestly can't wait for folks that hate Kizer for his completion % making a stand for Josh Allen :D

I think a Wyoming QB getting all that hype after one year, proves Allen is a stud. No matter what his completion % is.

I don't think McCoach is stupid or at least he has not yet proven so in the court of 2BD. He knows that his fate is tied to getting a good QB. This year might be our best chance. While QB is not our number one need right now it will be very important in the contract years when Terry and Kim decide whether or not to re-up McDermott. Whatever QB we draft will have two years of clipboard holding behind TT. Drafting a QB now will set us up nicely for the post TT years. It doesn't have to be in the first but IMO any QB picked later than round two is a cop out.

I'd say DB is our # 1 need but if this draft is as deep as we're told it doesn't need to be addressed at #1. If Kouandijo prefers communing with nature in his birthday suit to OTAs we may need to spend high picks at OL as well.

....easy Big Dawg....getting all worked up over a non sequitur......the clown ain't worth cardio troubles..............

not worked up but the cat can't get off the same Schtick, over and over, same ****, nothing but crying about drafting a QB and claiming the HC will be fired. he can cry until his hearts content after the season, if warranted, why all the crying before it even starts?

The Ignore List is your friend. I can attest, it works great.

I hear ya man. problem is, when you're offline you can see said posters post so it really doesn't work. now if there was some way to completely eliminated said posts, I'd be all in on that. I get everyone is entitled to their opinion but once, twice, even three times one could over look but when you're reading the same repetitious negative bull **** every day, there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I think a Wyoming QB getting all that hype after one year, proves Allen is a stud. No matter what his completion % is.

He's tall and white, it's the prerequisite for next year hype. Hell, Todd McShay had Mitch Leidner at #25 in his first mock draft in May.

Brady Gustafson got hype as well. Both were at the NFLPA All-Star game in January which is the proving ground for UDFA talent.

They are not....but analysts are all over the place on these qbs.

Are we supposed to pass on a player that might be immediate help and talented to take a QB high that we hope wont bust when we can take a qb later that also has some potential?

It sounds like you're assuming that a non QB player has a better chance of being successful. I dont necessarily agree with that logic. All draft picks are gambles that you hope don't bust. Some more than others. I've maintained that if you have players graded fairly close then always go for the QB.

All I said was McDermott needs to do better than .500 to remain the coach. Do you think the standard should be lower than Rex? If so, why?

rex- year one 8-8

year two 7-9

I absolutely feel McD will fare better than the loser that was rex ryan. I think they'll win 10 games and I care nothing about the schedule. I have always lived by the any given sunday philosophy but see I'm not with the negativity. it was a major mistake hiring rex and now McD and company will come in and clean up the mess. with or without drafting a QB this year. I'm not against drafting one but I would not base that on his success or failure either. they have a QB that they the professionals must feel they can move forward with while one, whether this year or next, is being groomed?

I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that McD will most certainly have better success than ryan, no doubt. but hey, I see that ray of sunshine through those black clouds hovering over your head so that alone gives me something to look forward to.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

if you draft a QB high and he busts, it set you team back years, not so much with a LB, DE or WR

The Jags moved on from Gabbert to Bortles pretty quickly...

Any position you end up drafting that's busts hurts your franchise. Because in hindsight, after the fact, you go back and look at who you missed out on after your pick. Who could have possibly came in and helped.

I mean, we traded up to get Graham in the third, which I know a third rounder really can't bust, but missing on him instead of taking Russell Wilson...

Ideally everyone would rather hit on every pick, but I'd rather take a shot at the single most important position than to end up with an All Pro LB on a 8-8 team.

If Sean McDermott doesn't get a QB this year I don't think it can happen at all next year. Bills likely to win 5-7 games this year. McDermott will be on the hot seat knowing Pegulas have cut last two hires after only 2 years. I think we will have to wait for a new GM and coach if it doesn't happen this draft.

Bad logic dude. Like really bad.

It all depends on how the existing quarterbacks perform on the team this year. If they really need one next year, they will get one. They are less likely to take one next year however if they do draft one in the top couple rounds this year.

Grab either Tribusky or Watson. We are not going to be in the running for the Big 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Allen) next year. They are all going top 5.

It's most likely going to be another mediocre year. 6-10 to 8-8 at best. We could be up the creek without a paddle if we don't.

If Cle,SF,and/or CHI &Jets grab QB's this year,we'd be sitting ok to grab a top QB next year. Who else is gonna be looking for a franchise guy that should draft before us next year?

Bad logic dude. Like really bad.

It all depends on how the existing quarterbacks perform on the team this year. If they really need one next year, they will get one. They are less likely to take one next year however if they do draft one in the top couple rounds this year.

It's not bad logic. The logic is spelled out.

What I assume is you disagree with one of the premises.

Grab either Tribusky or Watson. We are not going to be in the running for the Big 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Allen) next year. They are all going top 5.

It's most likely going to be another mediocre year. 6-10 to 8-8 at best. We could be up the creek without a paddle if we don't.

We draft Trubisky or Watson is round one, and then Kelly in the fifth round.

Believe me, I think next year's class is better.

However, I have also seen guys pumped up before the season, only to fall off.

Heck, everyone's favorite Kelly, Chad was rated fairly highly before the process and for various reasons has fallen.

Guys like Jacob Snead, Andre Woodson, Matt Barkley, etc... all guys people were uber high on early but fell off for various reasons.

Hard to always want to wait, between guys declaring, injuries, bad tape, etc... a lot can change between now and then.

I think Darnold is the only player who will maintaim top QB status come hell or high water.

If Cle,SF,and/or CHI &Jets grab QB's this year,we'd be sitting ok to grab a top QB next year. Who else is gonna be looking for a franchise guy that should draft before us next year?

The teams that finish in the bottom 5 tend to need QB's. Those will change year to year. If the Bills pick the usual 9, 10, or 11 next year they will not get a chance at the top two QB prospects of 2018 without giving up a king's ransom. Wentz was a very good prospect, not great. Look at what Philly gave up.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.