Could Derek Barnett wind up being the sleeper pick of them a

njbuff

Thomas could fall to 10 and make the Bills think hard. I continue to believe that SF has been smokescreening and likes Trubinsky (he's a Cousins clone). If SF passes on Thomas he could fall to us. He's not a position of glaring need but how do you pass up a player like him (or Allen for that matter)? You can't have too many impact defensive linemen IMO.

I'd get the logic behind selecting Thomas if he's on the board. I'm not his biggest fan but he fits McDermott's type (especially with Jerry having an out in his deal after 2017). Allen is one of the few first round guys in this class that I haven't pinged for his relative lack of athletic ability. He's not a poor athlete by any means but he's so technically advanced that it trumps him only hitting certain benchmarks. If they go down the 3-tech route, I'd prefer Malik McDowell but won't grumble about Allen too much.

The Panthers built on the front 7 under Rivera/McDermott, I'd expect that to continue.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we take Barnett if available at 10 over WR.

I'm not yet sold on Williams, Davis and Ross - especially Top 10.

Barnett had like 28 sacks against SEC teams versus what, 11 for Garrett?

I'm an Aggie fan by association of living near here and I think the talent gap is small between Garrett, Thomas and Barnett. I personally like Thomas the best, but he is in a different mold of a player. I see him more as a Justin Smith versus say a pure edge rusher.

Edited by Kaenon

It's not a need persay, but could Barnett be the best available player at 10?

And would you like this pick?

Cause it's going to be awfully difficult to trade down

just trade down for whatever someone will offer. its a tank year, so anyone will do in round 1

This pass rush class is Myles Garrett and a bunch of other dudes. I wouldn't touch another edge guy after Myles until the 20's at the earliest and wouldn't touch Barnett/Watt/McKinley/Lawson/Taco until the 2nd.

Shaq would be DE2 in this class.

Yet Taco literally had the same production this past season as Garrett.

Barnett broke records held by Reggie White and has a smiling body of work in terms of production and disruption in the back field.

Charles Harris has been an absolute best in the backfield the past two years.

I'm not to sure you watch much college football or if you regurgitate the media rankings.

Barnett broke records held by Reggie White and has a smiling body of work in terms of production and disruption in the back field.

I'm not to sure you watch much college football or if you regurgitate the media rankings.

Pretty sure you just talked stats at me, son. I'd wind your neck in.

If you're accusing Blokes of "regurgitating" media rankings, then you haven't been paying attention.

This dude lives and breathes player evaluation.

You don't have to agree with him (he and I have some great debates over players), but his work is outstanding; his player evaluations are must-read material.

Pretty sure you just talked stats at me, son. I'd wind your neck in.

If you're accusing Blokes of "regurgitating" media rankings, then you haven't been paying attention.

This dude lives and breathes player evaluation.

You don't have to agree with him (he and I have some great debates over players), but his work is outstanding; his player evaluations are must-read material.

Challenge accepted!

Alright Blokes, what is it about Derek Barnett, Taco Charlton & Charles Harris that has you giving them less than 1st round grades?

I want no part of Barnett, and it has nothing to do with the fact that DE isn't as big of a "need" for the Bills as other positions.

It has entirely to do with the fact that Barnett as average to below average athletically for the position. He's a Bjoern Werner with better college production. NOTHING about him is special athletically. Winning with your hands is something you can teach to a superior athlete. You cannot, however, teach superior athleticism to someone who can win with his hands.

No to Barnett.

I want no part of Barnett, and it has nothing to do with the fact that DE isn't as big of a "need" for the Bills as other positions.

It has entirely to do with the fact that Barnett as average to below average athletically for the position. He's a Bjoern Werner with better college production. NOTHING about him is special athletically. Winning with your hands is something you can teach to a superior athlete. You cannot, however, teach superior athleticism to someone who can win with his hands.

No to Barnett.

I'm just saying - the same things were said about JJ Watt. I haven't watched enough of Barnett to know whether he's more like Werner or more like Watt, I'm just saying...

No to Barnett.

again sick at the combine.

I dont really care about the combine. Ever since seeing suggs and simeon rice run 5.0 idc anymore. ( regular ppl dont understand how fast 4.9 4.8 is

No to Barnett.

I see where you're coming from, but the same was said about Terrell Suggs. All he has done since coming into the NFL is dominate.