Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

Who you gonna trust- Belichik or Whaley, when it pertains to personel decisions. It's laughable reading of all the "excitement" about this 5th round pick. Actually, it's cringe-inducing. Orgasmic delight over a 5th round pick? I guess it's no problem that Whaley's dilatory approach to situations like this lead to productive players departing. At least the Bills can invest this 5th rounder in a backup LB or something (if the player even makes the 53 when all is said and done).Comparatively speaking, the Patriots will, once again, kick the Bills ass this upcoming season.

Whaley is a disgrace. He's a Napoleonic little man who has undermined two consecutive coaches, and managed to shirk repsonsibility for the mediocre talent level of this rather putrude roster.

<Edited for political comment. Consider yourself warned. -Chandler#81>

While I wish we had kept MG, this isn't a fair comparison if you're saying Belichick is smarter than Whaley for paying MG.

The two teams have very different needs. They also have different salary cap situations.

The Bills - without MG - already have a lot of money invested in the RB position. And we have a star as a starter. MG is worth more to the Pats than he is to us.

In regards to Whaley, this has been a roughly .500 team on his watch despite having a .400 or .300 coach at the helm the past couple years. There must be some talent on board.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need to calm down. I just don't want to be in the same situation as last year. No depth. You need good depth in the NFL. That's why NE wins and we lose. We have terrible depth and now it just got worse. The way this team drafts I'm not putting my trust in them finding a rb as good as MG was.

Playing in the AFC East helps NE win a lot also. Bills, Jets and Dolphins twice a year?

The same people complaining they didn't match would be complaining that they did match.

the funny thing is, looking at the crowds on each side -- the ones that complain just to complain seem to be complaining about posters instead of the bills. most of the ones frustrated with the move are those that can go either way on individual situations.

I'm not really interested in any of the FA vets out there. Would much rather draft one.

at this point, yup.

I don't need to calm down. I just don't want to be in the same situation as last year. No depth. You need good depth in the NFL. That's why NE wins and we lose. We have terrible depth and now it just got worse. The way this team drafts I'm not putting my trust in them finding a rb as good as MG was.

Do you realize how silly this sounds when you don't even acknowledge they did not draft MG. They picked up MG after he was cut by two other teams. We even released him once.

There is still a long time before the season starts. This roster is FAR from set. If we were about to be starting the regular season i'd be more worried about it.

We have the draft (and undrafted free agent signings). Lots of good players will be released between now and the start of the season too. Plenty of time still, to fill holes and add depth.

It sucks that Pats signed away another Bills player, but Whaley found Gilislee off the street. He wasn't even on an NFL team. Nobody thought he'd turn into anything and we were all very pleasantly surprised. I am hopeful that the same thing can happen again.

Whaley is pretty darn good at finding veteran role players. And who knows, maybe we already have a guy on the roster who can step in and fill the void.

"Kirk Buckley Yay...Now we have to HOPE Williams is good, when we already KNEW Gillislee was good. Meanwhile the Pats are laughing all the way to the Lombardi again with OUR players. Ooops, did I say that out loud? Maybe next year Buffalo. Go Bills..."

who is Kirk Buckley? Is this another opinion of some random person on twitter?

"Kirk Buckley Yay...Now we have to HOPE Williams is good, when we already KNEW Gillislee was good. Meanwhile the Pats are laughing all the way to the Lombardi again with OUR players. Ooops, did I say that out loud? Maybe next year Buffalo. Go Bills..."

Is there some reason I should give this guy's opinion any credence?

the funny thing is, looking at the crowds on each side -- the ones that complain just to complain seem to be complaining about posters instead of the bills. most of the ones frustrated with the move are those that can go either way on individual situations.

at this point, yup.

Why? It's obvious from Bills actions that they didn't value MG as the long term option, otherwise they would have made a bigger push for a long term extension. We'll soon find out why they are thinking this way.

But if their thought was to keep MG as a placeholder for a year or two, then adding a bargain vet is a better option than drafting an RB.

who is Kirk Buckley? Is this another opinion of some random person on twitter?

Facebook Buffalo Bills groups.

i liked mike too, but what a bizarre reaction from some. then again, i remember the meltdown the bbmb had when fred was cut, and for that, the outrage was a least more understandable.

I wasn't outraged with FJ because he was pretty much on the end of his career. MG is in his prime and was a very good player for us.

Is there some reason I should give this guy's opinion any credence?

Just a fan's opinion on this whole mess. He shouldn't take your opinion with any credence, by the way. works both ways.

I wasn't outraged with FJ because he was pretty much on the end of his career. MG is in his prime and was a very good player for us.

Just a fan's opinion on this whole mess. He shouldn't take your opinion with any credence, by the way. works both ways.

Did I say he should?

The Bills were not going to challenge NE this year with or without MG...NE is a shoe in for the AFC Championship game whether they have MG or my 79 year old father pounding the rock......It was the right decision to "not match" the NE offer.....

So this means the rest of the AFC teams should not try and be as talented as they can be and make the playoffs. Why should the Bills try and retain a good player just because they have a slight chance to be a WC team.

Another fans opinion. Is this what it has come to? We're using other fans opinions to validate the opinion of someone else?