Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

But I don't think MG's numbers or impact is impossible to replicate for cheaper. Hence, the outrage expressed in this thread (to me) is slightly misplaced.

My displeasure is that for a 2nd round tender this wouldn't be an issue...

Another dumb front office move that will keep us out of the playoffs. Not only did we give up a top-tier back up, we gave him up to the Pats, our arch nemesis. Once again the Pats buy low. Mark my word - Gillislee will rush for 1200+ yards and contend for the league lead in rushing this year...

That's not going to happen. The Pats are a three horse backfield. TD Mike will move into Blount's position and do well. Maybe 800-900 yds 8-9 TD's. Lewis and White will get a lot of passes out of the backfield. Remember when Shady was hurt, Gilly could not carry the O. The more carries he got the less efficient he was. Either way, I wish we would have tendered the 2nd. Another dumb Bills move.

Edited by BillsRdue

That's not going to happen. The Pats are a three horse backfield. TD Mike will move into Blount's position and do well. Maybe 800-900 yds 8-9 TD's. Lewis and White will get a lot of passes out of the backfield. Remember when Shady was hurt, Gilly could not carry the O. The more carries he got the less efficient he was. Either way, I wish we would have tendered the 2nd. Another dumb Bills move.

you're forgetting Rex Burkert, Brandon Bolden, and James Develin, no way he gets that many yards

Why do Bills fans cry so much?

BACKUP RB!

Well when the Bills needed to punch it in at the goal line or get an important 3rd or 4th and 1 they often turned to Gillislee who did a tremendous job. Those are important game changing plays. Add that to the fact Shady is 29 years old with a ton of mileage and it is not just about losing a "backup" player.

The smart play was the 2nd Round tender and negotiate a long term cap friendlier deal because no other teams are going to sniff around at that level. Is this a top level, seasoning altering blunder by Whaley...No, but small mistakes like these add up over time and help keep the playoff drought alive.

Well when the Bills needed to punch it in at the goal line or get an important 3rd or 4th and 1 they often turned to Gillislee who did a tremendous job. Those are important game changing plays. Add that to the fact Shady is 29 years old with a ton of mileage and it is not just about losing a "backup" player.

The smart play was the 2nd Round tender and negotiate a long term cap friendlier deal because no other teams are going to sniff around at that level. Is this a top level, seasoning altering blunder by Whaley...No, but small mistakes like these add up over time and help keep the playoff drought alive.

27 years old.

Also have a very good short yardage back on roster as well.

LACK OF QB play is what keeps the QB drought alive

Edited by MAJBobby

Define "efficient" please? Yards per carry? Yards after contact?

Mike is a simple 1 cut runner and hes going to play the L Blount role for New England. AKA rack up short yardage touchdowns and gain tons of yards on teams they blow out.

Doesn't that sound like great output for Gillislee in exchange for a 5th round pick? How would that mean Buffalo won the trade.

27 years old.

Also have a very good short yardage back on roster as well.

LACK OF QB play is what keeps the QB drought alive

He is actually 26 years old for over another 6 months and has very limited wear and tear. No reason he can't play into his 30's. Of course lack of franchise QB play is the biggest reason for drought, but it doesn't excuse Whaley for his other mistakes and shortcomings which help contribute.

He is actually 26 years old for over another 6 months and has very limited wear and tear. No reason he can't play into his 30's. Of course lack of franchise QB play is the biggest reason for drought, but it doesn't excuse Whaley for his other mistakes and shortcomings which help contribute.

And not paying 4M to a BU RB that you signed as a street UFA is one of those mistakes

Whaley uses a 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 4th on Watkins and Ragland.

Lights an early 4th rounder on fire for fumbling bust Bryce Brown.

Yet when Whaley loses a very nice RB for a glorified 6th Round pick hes a genius for turning a free agent into a 5th rounder. Let's hope Whaley has finally learned his lesson of the value of draft choices but in this case I would rather have Gillislee. (at 2nd round tender price)

And not paying 4M to a BU RB that you signed as a street UFA is one of those mistakes

No, not tendering him at the 2nd round level and negotiating a longer term cap friendlier contract was the mistake. Whaley painted himself into a no win situation by either losing a good player for a glorified 6th round pick or paying him 4 million a year. GM's should avoid those.

Yet when Whaley loses a very nice RB for a glorified 6th Round pick hes a genius for turning a free agent into a 5th rounder. Let's hope Whaley has finally learned his lesson of the value of draft choices but in this case I would rather have Gillislee. (at 2nd round tender price)

No, not tendering him at the 2nd round level and negotiating a longer term cap friendlier contract was the mistake. Whaley painted himself into a no win situation by either losing a good player for a glorified 6th round pick or paying him 4 million a year. GM's should avoid those.

Good post.

Again a STREET UFA. Turned into a 5th.

Sorry i dont want to pay good money to a BU RB in todays NFL.

Again a STREET UFA. Turned into a 5th.

Sorry i dont want to pay good money to a BU RB in todays NFL.

SMH So it makes no difference that the Bills lost a very good player for them. I don't care where he came from. he proved to be a big asset for the offense.