Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And miss the playoffs for 18 years without knowing what will happen in the 2018 draft or if that QB will be good or that OBD will even make the right pick, which is doubtful.

You said that there was 0% chance the bills would make the playoffs after a week 7 loss to the fins last year. You obviously didn't think we're were any good and we've lost several good players this offseason. And now we're going to be much better and make the playoffs? Give me a break. If you thought we had a great team then maybe your thinking makes sense, but you said our season was over after a week 7 game.....so you obviously don't think we're very good. The coaching change helps for sure, but it's also his first year with the team. Year 2 under the new coach makes much more sense, especially after losing several starters. Unless we do some miraculous things in this draft and the rest of free agency, I think there's little chance of us making the playoffs this year. I want to build a sustained winning franchise, not one that gives us the best chance in 2017.

Gillislee was cut for odd reasons. It was injury/roster related and not performace related IIRC. The Bills lucked into him. The guy can play. Very good RB.

Just liked they lucked into Fred Jackson? Or lucked into a McCoy trade? Why can't they just Luck into Williams?

There are very few things the Bills are good at. Finding rbs is probably the main one.

You said that there was 0% chance the bills would make the playoffs after a week 7 loss to the fins last year. You obviously didn't think we're were any good and we've lost several good players this offseason. And now we're going to be much better and make the playoffs? Give me a break. If you thought we had a great team then maybe your thinking makes sense, but you said our season was over after a week 7 game.....so you obviously don't think we're very good. The coaching change helps for sure, but it's also his first year with the team. Year 2 under the new coach makes much more sense, especially after losing several starters. Unless we do some miraculous things in this draft and the rest of free agency, I think there's little chance of us making the playoffs this year. I want to build a sustained winning franchise, not one that gives us the best chance in 2017.

But you are trusting Whaley to get it right.

Just liked they lucked into Fred Jackson? Or lucked into a McCoy trade? Why can't they just Luck into Williams?

There are very few things the Bills are good at. Finding rbs is probably the main one.

Sorry, but I thought Williams looked BAD. Slow, tentative, and a fumbler. I hope he improves, but good RBs are usually good right off of the bat. I was shocked at his lack of elusiveness.

Honestly, why draft any college players at all? Just get washed up NFL Fas. They proved themselves.

Williams has played in the NFL. Drafted players have not. williams has a body of work in the NFL. i don't think he's as good as MG.

Difference is if McCoy can't go, MG could have been ok as a starter.

what month is this?

april.

the draft hasn't taken place yet. doubtful they'll get their back up rb there, likely fa. thing is, september is a long way off and some are going to look some kind of foolish when they (if he's even gone?) do replace him.

so, that said, if 25 goes down, which likely he will given his history, the replacement will step up and you never know, he may turn out to be the better back...?

frog-1159370_960_720.jpg

Relax...

Sorry, but I thought Williams looked BAD. Slow, tentative, and a fumbler. I hope he improves, but good RBs are usually good right off of the bat. I was shocked at his lack of elusiveness.

I guess we'll see. Of all the issues of the Bills, backup rbs is at the bottom of my list. Lots of backs would look good running behind our oline.

Well, they didn't find another Hogan last year, did they?

It's a deep RB draft class and with Jon Williams looking slow to the hole and Shady on the outs after this season they needed to be getting another young rotational back anyway....... but it's not a given that the draft pick will be useful......Jon Williams looked like a steal, but sucked.

I guess we'll see. Of all the issues of the Bills, backup rbs is at the bottom of my list. Lots of backs would look good running behind our oline.

Except Reggie. And Boom Herron. And Boobie Dixon. And Jonathan Williams. And Cierre Wood.

Does anybody actually watch full seasons of the Bills or nah?

Edited by FireChan

Yeah he was surprisingly bad.

This thread is full of "only Bills fans" takes.......but only Bills apologists think 5th round RB's who look awful are OK to pencil right in for 75 carries. :lol:

You're the dude who was probably bashing the Bills for signing a nobody like MG after Miami cut him.

11 TDs and 5.7 yards per carry. that's terrible.

This thread is full of "only Bills fans" takes.......but only Bills apologists think 5th round RB's who look awful are OK to pencil right in for 75 carries. :lol:

NE is talking about MG as their primary back. but he stinks. replaceable.

But you are trusting Whaley to get it right.

Yeah, trusting the guy that signed the just waived RB before anyone else did. The crappy GM signs a waiver wire RB, 2 years later, that waiver wire rb is signed by the best franchise in the league, one year after that same best team in the league signed another waiver wire castoff that was signed by that crappy GM.

He obviously doesn't know how to get it right, he's never done it before. Oh wait.....

Whaley needs to hit on a qb and a HC. He's done a fine job of acquiring talent and finding gems in free agency.

Well, they didn't find another Hogan last year, did they?

It's a deep RB draft class and with Jon Williams looking slow to the hole and Shady on the outs after this season they needed to be getting another young rotational back anyway....... but it's not a given that the draft pick will be useful......Jon Williams looked like a steal, but sucked.

They weren't going to find another Hogan because our qb struggles to throw the football. It's why drafting a wr at 10 is stupid. Hogan was open all the time on the Bills and he just got missed.

I feel a million times more confident in finding a back up RB to run behind the 2nd best run blocking o line in the NFL than a replacement receiver because no wr besides Sammy will look good on our team.

11 TDs and 5.7 yards per carry. that's terrible.

NE is talking about MG as their primary back. but he stinks. replaceable.

The pats are a passing offense. Their definition of primary back is very different from ours.

MG was a 5th round running back cut by the team that drafted him.

Except Reggie. And Boom Herron. And Boobie Dixon. And Jonathan Williams. And Cierre Wood.

Does anybody actually watch full seasons of the Bills or nah?

Exactly.

Most of those guys were all naturally gifted 3.0 ypc rushers.........roster filler.......even Roman and Tyrod couldn't make them work in an offense that needs the RB's to score the TD's.