Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

SMOKE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills would love for teams to leapfrog them and take a QB. That way the real talent falls to them. I don't buy it for a second that they are interested in a QB with 1 yr of experience. But then again, that would be a Billsy thing to do

What "real" talent ? Qb or die, version 18.0

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a guest on Schopp and the Bulldog, aka, Dope and the Lapdog today that claims if there is one team that will trade up to get a QB like the Eagles did last year it will be the Bills for Trubisky...

Claims all the info he has gotten points to Bills being all in on Trubisky...says it depends on what the first few teams do and if the Bills can offer enough to do it...says if he lasts to Tennessee at 5 he believes the Bills will do it...

Edited by matter2003

Was a guest on Schopp and the Bulldog, aka, Dope and the Lapdog today that claims if there is one team that will trade up to get a QB like the Eagles did last year it will be the Bills for Trubisky...

Claims all the info he has gotten points to Bills being all in on Trubisky...says it depends on what the first few teams do and if the Bills can offer enough to do it...says if he lasts to Tennessee at 5 he believes the Bills will do it...

Yes !!!!!!!!

Yes !!!!!!!!

Momma we did it !!!

Eh, we heard similar stuff last year - that they were in discussions with the Browns about trading up for Wentz and how much they loved him etc.

BTW Who said this?

If this is actually true, I hope we don't trade up for Trubisky. Trade up's into the top 10 for a QB have almost never worked out. There was a good write up on it at Buffalo Rumblings just the other day.

I believe Mike Vick was about the only successful trade up into the top 10, and that was before mobile QBs were popular in the NFL. That trade may not even happen today.

Other than that, there's no success story to point to that I could think of unless Goff or Wentz work out (I don't think Eli counts because it was t a trade up and he demanded the trade, otherwise it never happens).

How can you trade up into the top 5 for (and go All In on) a QB who started a total of 13 college games, and not until his senior year?

If they do it, they better be damn sure about him and it better work out for sure, otherwise whoever's idea it was is definitely toast, not to mention it setting the Bills back years.

Would be one last hoorah for the clown Whaley.

I can see him walking out of New Era with a smirk and flames high above.

Can't wait to see him high 5-ing Russ in the war room after he's traded away three 1st rounders for the next Andy Dalton....Take a bow, Doug...you will never be a GM again.

Edited by JaCrispy

I was really against Trubisky in December. I just thought he came out of no where and I hate that. However since December I went back and watched a lot of his games, and he has what I want in a QB. The three most important aspects of a QB IMO are pocket presence, accuracy, and anticipation. Arm strength, athletic ability, footwork, throwing motion, etc are all so overrated as variables to judge a QB. Trubisky does really well at the things I want in my QB. I think he is going to do very well in this league. I like him better than both QBs last year. I think he could have a Derek Carr type early career. If the Bills would be lucky to get him.

Saw this on CBS Sports. Guy did a mock draft where the Browns traded #12 to get #2 from the 49ers, and got Myles Garrett and Mitch Trubisky and no extra round 1 pick. Could the Bills make a similar trade with the 49ers? If they targeted him as a franchise type QB they will.

Browns get #2.

49ers get:

No. 12 overall pick (18.8, 1,200)

No. 33 overall pick (12.3, 580)

No. 108 overall pick (4.8, 78)

2018 second-round pick (TBD, TBD)

There's only one thing you trade up for if you're giving up a first-round pick or more, and that's a potential franchise QB. You don't for a WR. You do for a QB.

But it's got to be the right one.

And it's hard to be sure.

My guess is they don't trade up and don't go QB in the first, but it would be only the mildest surprise. I won't be against it if it happens.

Eh, we heard similar stuff last year - that they were in discussions with the Browns about trading up for Wentz and how much they loved him etc.

BTW Who said this?

If this is actually true, I hope we don't trade up for Trubisky. Trade up's into the top 10 for a QB have almost never worked out. There was a good write up on it at Buffalo Rumblings just the other day.
I believe Mike Vick was about the only successful trade up into the top 10, and that was before mobile QBs were popular in the NFL. That trade may not even happen today.
Other than that, there's no success story to point to that I could think of unless Goff or Wentz work out (I don't think Eli counts because it was t a trade up and he demanded the trade, otherwise it never happens).

How can you trade up into the top 5 for (and go All In on) a QB who started a total of 13 college games, and not until his senior year?

If they do it, they better be damn sure about him and it better work out for sure, otherwise whoever's idea it was is definitely toast, not to mention it setting the Bills back years.

Eli worked out pretty well for the Giants in a tradeup.

It's about the guy, not how they got him.

If they have to trade up to get their guy, then do it. But he'd better be the right guy.

Edited by Thurman#1

If the Bills really loved Trubisky, wouldn't they keep that to themselves?

i think so. Interestingly if you look at the Bills top 5 that Leroi posted, the only one linked to the Bills at any point is OJ Howard (Whaley "loves" him). The rest didnt visit or have any smoke.