Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More chatter about Trub:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794740/article/sources-tell-us-coach-says-mitchell-trubisky-not-a-top10-talent

noteworthy, said source says Trub is better than Watson. surprise!

Because he looks like a kid he doesn't give off a "leader" vibe ?

Cool story zierline.

How many QBs shoukd we have?

We know we can only start one.

You'll never know how they are until they play. Develop them till the cows come home - till they start a game or a season you have no idea what you have.

Having Trubisky and Kelly and Cardale sitting behind TT isn't a luxury...it's a waste of roster spots.

If TT plays like he did last year they won't be sitting long.

Or play a modern defense and win 11 games with the best rushing offense in the NFL. I'm fine with that.

Check the schedule. Gonna need to be more than a one dimensional team

His stock is dropping if you notice. I'd wait till 3rd or 4th round for him.

So we can draft him in the 3rd round? Sweet.

We have a QB, and when he tears it up this year I'll be looking for your response.

My pleasure. "Tears it up" sounds like fun. 80% sure that won't happen as he's too tentative. Clocks ticking. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Don't worry, he won't be there at 10. Jets want him, apparently:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mccown-pickup-hasn-ended-jets-trubisky-crush-shouldn-article-1.3005303

could just be a ploy to convince Bills that the kid is worth the pick, the same way Bills misled Jets to pick Hackenberg. Remember all the hot air about Bills looking at Hackenberg? I never thought they'd do it and they didn't.

I don´t think Cleveland gives you that much for a little jump from 12 to 10.

I will take almos any trade down scenario, and grab the BAP of WR, CB, S, LB and maybe OL

If this scenario happened and Cleveland wanted to swap 10 for 12, I would love to get them to swap 2nd rd picks with us. I'd love to have that 1st pick in Rd2.

If this scenario happened and Cleveland wanted to swap 10 for 12, I would love to get them to swap 2nd rd picks with us. I'd love to have that 1st pick in Rd2.

Sounds good have them throw in Josh Gordon also. I would also be cool with swapping 10 for 12 Gordon & pick 108

i know when i started this thread my mind was swimming with juicy trade scenarios, but the more i think about it, if he's there at 10....

this draft is deep so.... do i pass on a guy that looks like franchise material and watch him go be a stud somewhere else?

i'm coming more to think of taking him. so that leaves me 5 picks in which i could take...

2. zay jones

3.bpa corner/safety....but i really like that dl from vandy

5.chad kelly

5,marcus maye fs

6.bpa

i know the argument about 4 qbs, but quite frankly c.j. is still p.s. material or trade material. if trubisky and or kelly look like a one-two punch after next year, i'm sure we can get something reasonable for tyrod.

i'd rather take him figuring we can still get quality players with the remaining picks vs. extra picks that will sit on the bench.

however. i don't think kelly will last that long so that would be a gamble...i can't wait til the draft! i suppose i'll be ok either way they go.

Edited by billsredneck1

That is your opinion, not shared by all.

Who is/are the QBs worthy of a first round pick, and specifically the 10th pick?

- Kizer looked good year before, many questions after past season

- Watson had mega-talent around him on both sides of the ball - did he lift his team or did they lift him?

- Trubisky and his one year of starts spells big risk

- Mahomes played in a gimmick offense that has produced almost nobody at QBin the NFL.

I agree that they all have some talent and might succeed, but I think the odds are long on them all. This feels a lot like "we need a QB, let's convince ourselves that the available guys can play" rather than "Damn, that guy is good!"

I would take Mahomes or Trubisky at 10 with no hesitation.

Yes, if you limit Air Raid to Texas Tech you can say that. But Tedford ran an offense very similar to Air Raid and Aaron Rodgers turned out ok. The Air Raid is just a form of spread offense. College spread QB's are doing fine in the NFL.

I would take Mahomes or Trubisky at 10 with no hesitation.

Yes, if you limit Air Raid to Texas Tech you can say that. But Tedford ran an offense very similar to Air Raid and Aaron Rodgers turned out ok. The Air Raid is just a form of spread offense. College spread QB's are doing fine in the NFL.

Rodgers threw half the attempts that Mahomes did. I understand you affection towards Mahomes but don't use the likes of Aaron Rodgers to base your argument off of.

You keep saying the air raid is a version of the spread, which I guess is right because the spread is more or less a formation not really a philosophy. Adding more passing options to spread the width of field is used for a variety of reasons, primarily to open up the ground game by forcing opponents to have less guys in the box.

The spread is become more vague since. The Air Raid was an evolution of the spread in terms of just pUT as many guys out there as you can and just throw the ball all darn game.

Reminds me of rich gannon from a physical tools perspective. Quick feet, good athlete, strong/accurate arm, and also seems like a tough kid. Not sure I'd take him at 10, but wouldn't complain if Bills did.

JMO (and most likely unqualified at that) but I believe if he is there at 10 the Bills will take him as the QB who best projects success at the next level (though not year 1, but we have a bridge starter). To me what he projects are exactly those abilities that are hardest to find and to teach. Almost every college QB prospect carries risk when projected to the bigs, but you need to take the leap of faith. I think he is off the board when our number is up, so it makes sense to talk WRs, S and even TEs.

Round 1 Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson

Round 2 Trade down and get JuJu Shuster

Fixed !

After giving Trubisky a longer look, I'm starting to come around to him being the Bills' QB at #10.

I think the Bills are done trying to turn west coast guys into Buffalonians. The free agent signings tell a tale of north east/east coast guys with a Chicago guy mixed in (Holmes). The signs start to point that way.

All the top 2018 QBs are west coast guys. Maholmes is a Texan who comes from a weird college system and Watson can't read the whole field so why would they take him when that's their current bridge QB's biggest problem.

Sean McDermott was entrenched in Carolina for years and I'm sure he feels he's got very good knowledge if Trubisky has the skills to become a franchise QB.

Round 1: Trubisky

Round 2: Godwin (Penn State fits the Bills new geographic approach, plus Pagula would love it)

Edited by 1billsfan