If gender is so fluid...

Yep, purely mental. Not being insensitive, but having mental issues doesn't qualify one for a bathroom waiver. Still have to play by the rules of a civilized society. Either have unisex bathrooms or assign by " equipment" . That's about it

who's going to pay for the construction of unisex bathrooms? especially in public facilities and schools? do you (those who support mentally ill) want unisex bathrooms for trannies in christian schools? what about in a mosque for islamists? i think that's where we should start. lets walk in to the mosques and stop attacking christianity. lets tell them they need to support abortion and trannies. i just want a front seat on a nice chair beside a 4 story building for when the islamists "accept" gays.

You are what your " stuff" says you are. Ambiguous genitalia is around 1.7% of births. 90% or more of parents choose female gender for these children. The reasons are fairly obvious. But for the exceedingly vast majority, genitals are recognizable.

maybe there is something to this that aristo cannot recognize his gender due to microphalace? :D

who's going to pay for the construction of unisex bathrooms? especially in public facilities and schools? do you (those who support mentally ill) want unisex bathrooms for trannies in christian schools? what about in a mosque for islamists? i think that's where we should start. lets walk in to the mosques and stop attacking christianity. lets tell them they need to support abortion and trannies. i just want a front seat on a nice chair beside a 4 story building for when the islamists "accept" gays.

maybe there is something to this that aristo cannot recognize his gender due to microphalace? :D

I was not advocating for unisex bathrooms. I doubt they would get a lot of public support for the change. I'm merely pointing out there are only two options. Either society says all bathrooms are unisex( again, unlikely) or you go to the correct bathroom for those with your " stuff". That's it. No special rules or rights and no exceptions. We all play by the same rules.

I was not advocating for unisex bathrooms. I doubt they would get a lot of public support for the change. I'm merely pointing out there are only two options. Either society says all bathrooms are unisex( again, unlikely) or you go to the correct bathroom for those with your " stuff". That's it. No special rules or rights and no exceptions. We all play by the same rules.

i know you weren't. but it's in the line of questioning to those who want to support htis nonsense. it was what charlotte wanted. mecklenberg/charlotte voted that trannies can use whatever bathroom they want on their own identity. aristo lives in charlotte, fwiw.

we don't need laws on who can use what bathroom. bottom line. charlotte mecklenberg started this. north carolina finished it. and obama's doj has now folded and sucking the tranny d they deserve to be.

Edited by Boyst62

What about people born with both. Or those trans who look like women but have the male stuff? Or a guy who looks like a guy but has the female stuff? What are they? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a Y, you're a guy.

people born with both are almost always given a choice at birth from their parents to make them one or the other - removing one or the other. at least prior to the 2010's.

and what do you mean if they look like a male and look like a female? if i put on a dress does that make me a woman?

That little black dress had me fooled.

I wonder how many of the gender fluid kids, are male chidren with single mothers who self identify as feminists?

I kind of wondered along these lines as well. Now that homosexuality and trangenderness is predominately accepted and is even portrayed as cool in movies and news etc, are more kids going for it to be cool or rebellious?

I also wonder why homosexuality and trangenderness has gone from deviant to accepted in the last 10 years but blacks haven't been able to do something similar? They haven't certainly got a rawer deal and have been trying to change it longer than anyone.

Perhaps they have better marketing? Puzzles me.

I kind of wondered along these lines as well. Now that homosexuality and trangenderness is predominately accepted and is even portrayed as cool in movies and news etc, are more kids going for it to be cool or rebellious?

I also wonder why homosexuality and trangenderness has gone from deviant to accepted in the last 10 years but blacks haven't been able to do something similar? They haven't certainly got a rawer deal and have been trying to change it longer than anyone.

Perhaps they have better marketing? Puzzles me.

Homosexuality isn't deviant, it's just how one is. It was never deviant, just took awhile for the old timers to die off or whatever for society to realize it. Transgender is actually a mental issue not an orientation. They've managed to successfully market themselves as similar to an actual orientation. Many have been easily fooled. But there are only two orientations. One is either straight or gay. That's it. Ok , I suppose one can be asexual. But transgender is merely someone unhappy with their orientation. True orientation , however cannot be changed. Putting on a woman's clothes doesn't make someone a woman. If you are a guy and you want to be with women you're straight. If you also want to dress like one as well, that's a mental issue. If you are a guy and want to be with guys, you're gay. Some just cannot accept that they are gay, I suppose.

Homosexuality isn't deviant, it's just how one is. It was never deviant, just took awhile for the old timers to die off or whatever for society to realize it. Transgender is actually a mental issue not an orientation. They've managed to successfully market themselves as similar to an actual orientation. Many have been easily fooled. But there are only two orientations. One is either straight or gay. That's it. Ok , I suppose one can be asexual. But transgender is merely someone unhappy with their orientation. True orientation , however cannot be changed. Putting on a woman's clothes doesn't make someone a woman. If you are a guy and you want to be with women you're straight. If you also want to dress like one as well, that's a mental issue. If you are a guy and want to be with guys, you're gay. Some just cannot accept that they are gay, I suppose.

But what if you're a straight trans-male attracted to bi cis-females, what does that make you?

!@#$ it...have a Y, you're a guy.

But what if you're a straight trans-male attracted to bi cis-females, what does that make you?

!@#$ it...have a Y, you're a guy.

I've joked since I was in High School that was really a Lesbian trapped in a Man's body. Who knew one day I could get legal status

This implies that you know many...I'm not gonna replicate that garbage acronym...and of the many you know, only a few made an immediate change.

Tell us: how many do you know? How did you do your "gathering"?

Well, I am a clinical psychologist and an educator. Oh yeah, and I also live in Vermont. I'm not organizing LGBT rallies or anything, but it is an issue that I encounter frequently in both my professional and personal life. I receive a great deal of professional development/training on the subject, work with these people first hand, and know and interact with these people personally.

It is not untrue to say "if you have a Y you're a guy." That's just a fact. It is dismissive and flat out ignorant, however, to attribute all cases of gender confusion/fluidity as mental illness. That blanket assumption couldn't be further from the truth based on my professional and personal experience. JMO

I've joked since I was in High School that was really a Lesbian trapped in a Man's body. Who knew one day I could get legal status

How cunning funny of you. I am a man attracted to bisexual women. I wonder if it has anything to do with my girlfriend's hot girlfriends?

Well, I am a clinical psychologist and an educator. Oh yeah, and I also live in Vermont. I'm not organizing LGBT rallies or anything, but it is an issue that I encounter frequently in both my professional and personal life. I receive a great deal of professional development/training on the subject, work with these people first hand, and know and interact with these people personally.

It is not untrue to say "if you have a Y you're a guy." That's just a fact. It is dismissive and flat out ignorant, however, to attribute all cases of gender confusion/fluidity as mental illness. That blanket assumption couldn't be further from the truth based on my professional and personal experience. JMO

Perfect.

Then you are exactly the right person to ask the following: given your work with mental trauma, which I assume is also part of your job, how do you explain what I wrote in my OP? Why the lack of concern for the mental trauma of "gender confusion" amongst people who have real mental trauma going on?

Explain the psychological machinations at work here. I understand why a nurse would want to get a headband with a flower on it for a girl cancer patient, and give it to her. In fact that act defines the word "nurse" quite well. I know because I have spent a lot of my professional life in the last 10 years working with nurses(and docs, and techs, and everybody else, including housekeeping and janitors at health care providers), all over this country and in 2 foreign countries.

Why is it do you think, that if gender is merely a social construct, the nurse buys the headband? Is she simply propagating that social construct? Is she in fact participating in some level of gender oppression? Or, does she simply have her compassion setting at 10(like most real nurses do), and is therefore incapable of allowing deviant concerns/thoughts to override that compassion?

I've asked plenty of nurses about this very thing. Sorry, but to a nurse: they all consider Tom's "y you're a guy" to be fact, and, they DO consider anything else a mental deficiency, if not illness.

Perhaps they need more "in services"? You wanna tell them that? Because I sure as hell don't.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

There are cases not directly attributed to the psychiatric condition "gender dysphoria?" Have you told the DSM-V that not everyone with Borderline personality disorder had a personality disorder?

There are cases not directly attributed to the psychiatric condition "gender dysphoria?" Have you told the DSM-V that not everyone with Borderline personality disorder had a personality disorder?

The DSM tends to lag the psychiatric community, not lead it.

In the near future when you go to the doctor to find out what your baby's gender is he will simply say, "I don't know, but it would have to piss standing up". Lol

No, he/she will say "well, right now the baby is a boy/girl, but who the !@#$ knows later on?!"

No, he/she will say "well, right now the baby is a boy/girl, but who the !@#$ knows later on?!"

No, the doctor will report you to the Department of Social Justice for Gender Bigotry simply for asking the question, and the state will take you child away.