Bizarre things they believed 50 years ago

How about compiling a list so the rest of us don't have to trudge thru 50 pages of clickbaits.

How do you do that?

Oops. Sorry it was slow, I didn't think it was that bad. Just dont take the bait and look away. "Bait" is only as good as one makes it.

Again... My apologies, it's only 10 or say pages,

More that 50 years ago but I still find this hard to believe. I mean did it ever work even once? On top of that there was even a Mead involved!

http://gizmodo.com/blowing-smoke-up-your-ass-used-to-be-literal-1578620709

LMAO! Okay, maybe not my azz! I should get a set of these to hang next to our defibrillator @ work:

"...In fact, it was such a commonly used resuscitation method for drowning victims particularly, that the equipment used in this procedure was hung alongside CERTAIN MAJOR WATERWAYS, such as along the River Thames (equipment courtesy of the Royal Humane Society). People frequenting waterways were expected to know the location of this equipment similar to modern times concerning the location of defibrillators...."

Oh, this will come in handy when the Corps gets ready to build Trump's wall! A really useful tool. ;-)

I don't know about 50 years ago, but I know when I was in school we were taught that there were 4 oceans. I recently saw an article mentioning 5, and some internet research told me that they had decided on the Southern Ocean as a 5th 20 or so years ago. In fact, IIRC, it was considered an ocean before I was born, was then determined not to be during my schooling, and then made the list again some time thereafter. Make up your mind, people!