Red flag for Myles Garrett?

Booger McFarland has made some negative comments before about Garrett on ESPN radio. Garrett was supposed to come on Mike and Mike today for an interview and when he find out McFarland was in for Golic, he refused because of what he said about him.

Bad sign that this kid can't take a little media criticism? Shouldn't he be able to not take that personally? It wasn't character assassination, he just had some different takes on his play. McFarland is just doing his job which is to be opinionated. Garrett may be not be a good fit for Cleveland's media ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/11/myles-garrett-declines-to-do-radio-show-with-booger-mcfarland/

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just media I would worry about, it's coachability. If Greggggo tears him a new one in practice is he going to want to get better or run home crying?

They will still take him but Cleveland media can't wait to get under his skin already

I would guess not.

I may be something as simple as Garrett knowing he might return fire, and not wanting to say something that would hurt him at this point.

I don't see how he doesn't go #1 overall

If I'm Garrett I want to go on the show and just say "I appreciate your opinion.. I'm going to prove you wrong... " way better look and shows maturity. I doubt McFarland is going to be overly critical in the actual interview and frankly what he said wasn't that bad

McFarland also didn't like Joey Bosa's game before the draft and said it repeatedly ... Garrett shouldn't care what he thinks if it's not true

Edited by YoloinOhio

It's not just media I would worry about, it's coachability. If Greggggo tears him a new one in practice is he going to want to get better or run home crying?

They will still take him but Cleveland media can't wait to get under his skin already

If I'm Garrett I want to go on the show and just say "I appreciate your opinion.. I'm going to prove you wrong... " way better look and shows maturity. I doubt McFarland is going to be overly critical in the actual interview and frankly what he said wasn't that bad

McFarland also didn't like Joey Bosa's game before the draft and said it repeatedly ... Garrett shouldn't care what he thinks if it's not true

Will Mary Kay Cabot do a Sullivan job on him ?

The next time Mary Kay says something negative about the Browns will be the first time. She's basically their propaganda ministry and she knows where her bread is buttered. Grossi (gotten himself banned from the facilities) is more their Sullivan.

Although according to Cleveland.com and Mary Kay there's starting to be buzz for Fournette at #1, which would be just amazing.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I don't see a red flag. He was wise to avoid needless confrontation close to draft day.

Anthony McFarland is entitled to his opinion but Myles Garrett isn't required to validate it.

how is showing up to a scheduled interview "validating" McFarland's opinion?

she is more like a Vic Carucci

The next time Mary Kay says something negative about the Browns will be the first time. She's basically their propaganda ministry and she knows where her bread is buttered. Grossi (gotten himself banned from the facilities) is more their Sullivan.

Although according to Cleveland.com and Mary Kay there's starting to be buzz for Fournette at #1, which would be just amazing.

Lol

The Money Ball guys in CLE have to know better.

The Money Ball guys in CLE have to know better.

One would think, but who knows what information they are working from, they may look at Zeke in Dallas and convince themselves a stud RB behind a strong oline is the best way to win. It's the Browns, as KG would say "Anything is possible!"

I did stumble onto this fantastic little tidbit:

http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/04/tony-grossi-espn-cleveland-browns/