Come move to New York!

This is how you go off on someone who called you a whiner? Calling you a whiner is considered an attack. Ha! You're not a whiner. I apologize for calling you a whiner. I had a lack of evidence to call you that. Now a psychopath? Plenty of evidence of that.

You're such a puss. You have yet to intellectually defend your posts against my opinion on his topic. You continue to dodge having to engage in meaningful dialogue, by claiming that I have anger issues or I am a psychopath, because you are a dolt.

What did you do in life? Run a restaurant or something? I bet the boneless wings at your Applebees were off the hook, chef!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're such a puss. You have yet to intellectually defend your posts against my opinion on his topic. You continue to dodge having to engage in meaningful dialogue, by claiming that I have anger issues or I am a psychopath, because you are a dolt.

What did you do in life? Run a restaurant or something? I bet the boneless wings at your Applebees were off the hook, chef!

Defend my posts? The one where I said you should have mopped the floors before you decided to get your doctorate so we wouldn't have to hear you cry about your massive student loan debt or the one where I called you a whiner? I just want to make sure I'm addressing the correct one.

Hey, it's a step in the right direction. Coming from someone who paid their own way through college and earned a doctoral degree (Psy.D.), my student loan payment is well more than my mortgage every month. I would have mopped floors at Wegmans for 4 years after my post-grad graduation if it meant that I could cut that debt in half. My wife and I make too much money, so IF we lived in NY, my kids would likely not benefit from this. I still would support this, however, as I care about other humans.

But you only care for humans who get vs the humans who give? Nothing's free my friend.

If you can't afford to educate your own children may I suggest you seriously consider whether or not you should have any. Maybe you should have moped floors for 4 years PRIOR to getting your degree.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice. I care about all humans, bub. It's convenient for you to falsely assume that I'm some sort of bleeding heart liberal. I never said that this whole thing was perfect. I said it's a step in the right direction. I think if they are to do this it should be available to all individuals regardless of SES. I also think that there should be reasonable admission requirements for this. Not everyone is meant to go to college.

And by the way, I worked almost full-time during high school, and I was a 3 sport athlete. I started delivering newspapers when I was 12, and got my first job washing dishes on my 14th birthday. Neither of my parents went to college. Blue collar, hard working type folks that didn't understand the importance of saving for their child's education. I also worked nearly full-time during college to pay for as much of my tuition as possible. I worked my a$$ of...never had anything handed to me.

Where did I accuse you of being a bleeding heart liberal? I accused you of being a whiner and based on this post I was right.

Ummm...yeah.

Actually, those posts are in exact chronological order, and my point is that you are a turd. Own it and apologize, simpleton.

You're looking for an apology on PPP?

Not sure that you're a whiner, but you do seem to be a loon. :P

You're looking for an apology on PPP?

Not sure that you're a whiner, but you do seem to be a loon. :P

Haha...you make a good point. I'm not looking for an apology as much as I'm looking for Mr. Toolbox to squirm a little bit. After all, this thread began as a benign discussion about free college education in NYS on OTW. Mr. Turd face had to take it to a personal level in order to feed his own ego. You f$&k with the bull, you get the horns.

...I merely stated that "I care about humans" because I am willing to pay a little more in taxes to support programs like this. ...

willing to pay more taxes? you must be in the minority on that. with all the taxes we pay, the man gets close to half your income and your willing to pay more? bless your heart. Edited by Foxx

Well there are good private schools if you've got the cash to pay. As an added bonus you get to avoid all the New Yorkers and Long Islanders. I'm certain that our tax money already pays for the tutition of academically unworthy students. Students get rejected by schools all the time in favor of inferior students. The entire college system is loaded with problems and morally questionable practices. I totally understand your point. Just don't think that this doesn't happen already.

So they can pay taxes for years supplementing kids older than theirs, then get closed out of a more affordable school because others are getting the spots....now a whole new group...., then get to pay more taxes to pay for those kids, then get to pay a ton for some private school, maybe 50k per? All of this because they managed to make a buck 25 last year in one of the highest taxed states?

This is NY's "stay here" strategy?

Hahaha.

For someone whining about incomplete answers, your reply seems inappropriate. If you're a commie, which frankly you sound like, you have given an answer in line with what I'd expect.

Edited by 4merper4mer

For someone whining about incomplete answers, your reply seems inappropriate. If you're a commie, which frankly you sound like, you have given an answer in line with what I'd expect.

My reply was appropriate because your question didn't make any sense. Everyone can get into a SUNY school, dummy.

willing to pay more taxes? you must be in the minority on that. with all the taxes we pay, the man gets close to half your income and your willing to pay more? bless your heart.

Yeah, I'd be willing to pay more in taxes for things like free healthcare and education for everyone. I guess I'm a communist. Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

That's what I thought. You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Man up, you puke. Tell me exactly how I am a whiner. I'll wait...

dyoure getting worked up over his bull **** is his point. Call him a Gugny and be done with him. He's just chef jim

Republicans cry about people getting handouts.

::Cuomo gives free education to people making under 100k::

Republicans cry about not qualifying for handout because they make too much money

Do you care about the humans who waned to go to a state school, whose parents saved for them to go to school but who lost their spot to someone getting free school and promising to stay in NY? And for the bonus these humans' parents tax money is now paying the tuition of the kids that got the spots. Do you care about thaose humans?

No

Edited by Spurna

So they can pay taxes for years supplementing kids older than theirs, then get closed out of a more affordable school because others are getting the spots....now a whole new group...., then get to pay more taxes to pay for those kids, then get to pay a ton for some private school, maybe 50k per? All of this because they managed to make a buck 25 last year in one of the highest taxed states?

This is NY's "stay here" strategy?

I understand your point, but who ever said that part of the deal will be giving spots away to less deserving students? I didn't hear anything about that. As I said, deserving students get shut out for less deserving ones all the time already. I don't see how this will change that. There are some great SUNY schools and good programs. There are also SUNY schools that require nothing more than a pulse. I'm sure this will remain the same.

I mentioned in a previous that my biggest problem with this was not expanding it to everyone regardless of income. It creates too much resentment, and adds a class element to it that I don't like. K-12 is free for everyone, so I don't think this should have been different. They should have either made it free for everyone, or not have done it at all.

Nobody is discussing that this state handout further entrenches the bad spending habits in academia. College costs are increasing at the same rates as healthcare, but without the demographic trends that drive healthcare increases. Giving out more free money to the state system will not solve the runaway costs.

Nobody is discussing that this state handout further entrenches the bad spending habits in academia. College costs are increasing at the same rates as healthcare, but without the demographic trends that drive healthcare increases. Giving out more free money to the state system will not solve the runaway costs.

I had thought about. A tax taking money from its population to redistribute right back to the state in the guise of being for the children.