Come move to New York!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should they apprentice for?

Anything they want. Don't look at apprenticeship as only joining a plumbing, electrical or carpenters union to learn a trade. Think outside of your HuffPost tunnel. There are many jobs out there that allow a person to advance on merit and can pay handsomely.

Don't try your usual horseshit and say something like I'm against education. I'm just saying that one shouldn't take out loans that they'll either default on or spend the rest of their lives repaying because their degree is useless.

Anything they want. Don't look at apprenticeship as only joining a plumbing, electrical or carpenters union to learn a trade. Think outside of your HuffPost tunnel. There are many jobs out there that allow a person to advance on merit and can pay handsomely.

Don't try your usual horseshit and say something like I'm against education. I'm just saying that one shouldn't take out loans that they'll either default on or spend the rest of their lives repaying because their degree is useless.

Oh come on, this is really bad advice. Going to college and getting a good degree leads to a good paying job, for many, if not most. I agree, college is not for everyone, but generally speaking, having a degree leads to higher earnings. I get that people that who would never even consider going to a University would feel resentful of those that do getting a break on their loans, but it's still good social policy to take a loan burden off of people to increase their human capital.

These careers often have more earning potential than being a social worker. I could list thousands of more college degrees with similar issues. Academia looking down on many careers is a big problem.

That might be true, but not if 3rding gets his plan and floods the market with plumbers and electricians. They will see their wages collapse.

Oh come on, this is really bad advice. Going to college and getting a good degree leads to a good paying job, for many, if not most. I agree, college is not for everyone, but generally speaking, having a degree leads to higher earnings. I get that people that who would never even consider going to a University would feel resentful of those that do getting a break on their loans, but it's still good social policy to take a loan burden off of people to increase their human capital.

That might be true, but not if 3rding gets his plan and floods the market with plumbers and electricians. They will see their wages collapse.

No, I'm going to flood the market with Tiberius clones so that all those people with social worker degrees can have jobs.

Yet another way for NY to lead the nation in importing poor people, and exporting not just jobs, but entire companies.

I can't wait to see 3 things:

1. how this is actually budget neutral

2. what happens to college tuition price

3. what happens to any cost-control efforts that might of been underway an NYS schools(yeah, as if, I know. But, there might have been somebody, at one school, trying to cut cost, who now has no way to get anybody to show up at their meeting)

No, I'm going to flood the market with Tiberius clones so that all those people with social worker degrees can have jobs.

great! what this world needs more of... people to tell people how to think and act and do for them what they should ought to otherwise be able to do for themselves.

great! what this world needs more of... people to tell people how to think and act and do for them what they should ought to otherwise be able to do for themselves.

They need guidance though. Wouldn't it be better if Tiberius had his own social worker to tell him what to do and think rather than getting his marching orders from The Huffington Post?

They need guidance though. Wouldn't it be better if Tiberius had his own social worker to tell him what to do and think rather than getting his marching orders from The Huffington Post?

You think that about anyone that deviates from your right wing agenda, you clown

What does this have to do with you needing daily guidance through life?

I don't need daily guidance. I do not suck at life. You, I bet you do suck at life. You probably could use some daily guidance.

Would anyone like to be 3rdthings life coach?

I don't need daily guidance. I do not suck at life. You, I bet you do suck at life. You probably could use some daily guidance.

Would anyone like to be 3rdthings life coach?

[This is an automated response.]

1icr79.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.9.