QB TJ Yates Visited the Bills and now Signed to a Deal

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good signing. We needed a veteran back-up QB and that's what Yates is.

I was kind of hoping for Christian Ponder. It would have been nice to have Sam as a Bills fan. :wub:

might have gotten a little awkward when she is sitting next to Rex on NFL countdown this fall :lol:

How are you related to Mr. Yates?

after 2 years of having the worst QB in the league as our back up and an auto-loss, we now have a solid vet QB that can actually come in and play on this level. A guy that can execute the offense on a professional level that has seen nfl defenses and actually understands the fundamentals of playing the position. A guy that has started and won a playoff game as a QB. A guy that understands what it means to be a professional. Obviously you hope that it never comes down to your backup QB having to play, but at least now if we do need it...it's not an automatic loss.

after 2 years of having the worst QB in the league as our back up and an auto-loss, we now have a solid vet QB that can actually come in and play on this level. A guy that can execute the offense on a professional level that has seen nfl defenses and actually understands the fundamentals of playing the position. A guy that has started and won a playoff game as a QB. A guy that understands what it means to be a professional. Obviously you hope that it never comes down to your backup QB having to play, but at least now if we do need it...it's not an automatic loss.

Hate to break it to you but EJ is better than TJ. But you can better than EJ as a backup qb but Yates is the few ways you aren't.

I just hope he doesn't make the team because it means Jones really sucks.

"This is Tyrods team. Im here to bring leadership, knowledge of the system, and make the QB room better."

Love it.

OMG! He doesn't even fake saying he doesn't suck. Hopefully, we can draft a guy that wants to actually win the job.

Hate to break it to you but EJ is better than TJ. But you can better than EJ as a backup qb but Yates is the few ways you aren't.

Hes not. If you watch EJ Manuel play and think he's better then any QB in the league, I don't know what you are looking at. The guy can't even repeat his throwing motion twice in a row. The guy doesn't even have the footwork fundamentals that most high school QBs have. EJ Manuel is terrible. He won't be in the league as long at Yates has been and will never win or start a playoff game. Yates may not be flashy and he may not have the name that makes the common fan think of a solid QB...but he's better then EJ. I would say you will see that for yourself eventually, but let's hope our starter just stays healthy.

OMG! He doesn't even fake saying he doesn't suck. Hopefully, we can draft a guy that wants to actually win the job.

EJ may not even be in the league a year from now. The young man can't hit the broad side of a Rob Ryan.

Hes not. If you watch EJ Manuel play and think he's better then any QB in the league, I don't know what you are looking at. The guy can't even repeat his throwing motion twice in a row. The guy doesn't even have the footwork fundamentals that most high school QBs have. EJ Manuel is terrible. He won't be in the league as long at Yates has been and will never win or start a playoff game. Yates may not be flashy and he may not have the name that makes the common fan think of a solid QB...but he's better then EJ. I would say you will see that for yourself eventually, but let's hope our starter just stays healthy.

Yet, every stat we have says EJ is better in basically every category than Yates. Yates "started" a playoff game because 2 other qbs got hurt.

Given how EJ played off the bench, it seems easy to upgrade over him. TJ Yates is not an upgrade. Let's hope he doesn't make the team.

EJ may not even be in the league a year from now. The young man can't hit the broad side of a Rob Ryan.

Yet, a team with SB aspirations signed him. But definitely the Bills have shown they know how to evaluate qbs.

Yet, every stat we have says EJ is better in basically every category than Yates. Yates "started" a playoff game because 2 other qbs got hurt.

Given how EJ played off the bench, it seems easy to upgrade over him. TJ Yates is not an upgrade. Let's hope he doesn't make the team.

Yet, a team with SB aspirations signed him. But definitely the Bills have shown they know how to evaluate qbs.

I'm not even exaggerating this but EJ Manuel is probably the top 3 worst QB's I've ever seen at the pro level.

I like the signing a lot, as funny as it sounds he's a HUGE upgrade from EJ Manuel.

IMHO, both QBs are utterly pedestrian, at best. At least, their stats are similarly dismal.

What's the THC count on those biscuits. EJ would've been enough for me to think you're lit up but Thad? PM me the number to your guy, in comparisons I've been rolling catnip.

Career qb rating

Lewis - 81.4 qb rating

EJ - 77.5 qb rating

Both mainly on 6-10, 7-9 Bills teams

Yates - 72.8 on teams that were good enough to make the playoffs.

I'm not even exaggerating this but EJ Manuel is probably the top 3 worst QB's I've ever seen at the pro level.

Yes, you are.

Yates' career will last longer even though EJ has the benefit of the 1st round label that helps guys get chances, he's that bad.