Batavia Bills???

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not realize that you had to be a resident of Orchard Park to attend a Bills game. WOW do I feel embarrassed! :flirt:

Moving the team 40 miles away would in no way change WHO would attend a BILLS game.

Moving the stadium from Orchard Park to downtown Buffalo creates logistical issues that would be easier to address with more SPACE and an already easily accessible Thruway.

I am not sure why you felt the need to be condescending, it is not a good look on you.

I agree, a move to somewhere like Batavia wouldn't impact who attends the game. This is exactly why it will never happen, and why doesn't make sense. Pegula has already gone all in a downtown Buffalo. If the team were to ever leave Orchard Park it's going to be downtown. It would be the move that's in the best interest of their own business ventures. As far as the thruway is concerned, those two lanes can get jammed up pretty quickly.

This is the second post you wrote stupid idea and dismissed others opinions.

Do you do this in real life interactions? Its a line drawn in the sand. The person you're conversing with only has two options, either drop out of the conversation completely to avoid escalation or match your intensity which changes the tone completely.

Otherwise your post seems well thought out, why end it with something that will assuredly turn a reader off?

Your thoughts are as valid as anyone else's. But that's all they are. Just thoughts on a football message board in the offseason.

Nothing more.

I'm sorry I thought people from NY had thicker skin. Let me reiterate. The idea of building a new stadium in Batavia, in a county with 60,000 people, mostly rural farmers is brainless. It's ill advised in the thought process. Perhaps people are naive to realize that such a small county doesn't have the revenue to support such a plan.

Perhaps it would be advisable to leave the planning for a new stadium to those who aren't so simple minded that being able to cook burgers and get blinded drunk is the most significant consideration. It seems to me that tailgating is a more important concern than economic viability.

Before I offend your sensitivity please be aware that words have meaning but context of the word usage is more substantial if you take a moment and actually read the information present.

My position is very easy to understand; the idea of a stadium in Batavia NY to support a multibillion sports is unintelligent.

I'm sorry I thought people from NY had thicker skin. Let me reiterate. The idea of building a new stadium in Batavia, in a county with 60,000 people, mostly rural farmers is brainless. It's ill advised in the thought process. Perhaps people are naive to realize that such a small county doesn't have the revenue to support such a plan.

Perhaps it would be advisable to leave the planning for a new stadium to those who aren't so simple minded that being able to cook burgers and get blinded drunk is the most significant consideration. It seems to me that tailgating is a more important concern than economic viability.

Before I offend your sensitivity please be aware that words have meaning but context of the word usage is more substantial if you take a moment and actually read the information present.

My position is very easy to understand; the idea of a stadium in Batavia NY to support a multibillion sports is unintelligent.

You obviously missed the entire point of my post. Maybe you start a thread about the future stadium site and we'll decide how "smart" it is.

If I was so sensitive I wouldn't have called you out, I'd tell you to your face just like I'm telling you via post.

Something tells me you're not the type who would. More of a keyboard warrior, imo.

Building a stadium and moving the Bills to Batavia is ridiculous and will never happen. Why even bother to discuss it?

You have a better offseason topic to discuss? Start a thread. Let the posters decide if it's worth talking about.

Building a stadium and moving the Bills to Batavia is ridiculous and will never happen. Why even bother to discuss it?

Why discuss ANYTHING in the off season.

Do you think the man upstairs is looking for ideas from us peons who post here? Ha Ha Ha :doh:

So this is silly so I'll play along. Let's call them the "Niagara Falls Bills of Batavia" since they'll probably still show sights of the falls during telecasts even if they move to Batavia....which they won't of course.

You have a better offseason topic to discuss? Start a thread. Let the posters decide if it's worth talking about.

Anything is better than this. Batavia Bills? Come on. Why not Cheektowaga Bills, Tonawanda Bills....the possibilities are endless. There are plenty of relevant topics being discussed. This is not one of them

If they were to ever move the Bills east out of Buffalo, the most logical choice for me would be moving them to Rochester as it is right between Syracuse and Buffalo. No benefit to moving them to Batavia. Rochester makes the most sense should they ever move, but just leave them in Buffalo.

Actually, I like this idea. Rochester Bills has a nice ring to it.

Batavia would be nice for us Rochesterians and Cuse people. Traffic after the game could go both east and west, would be much better than Orchard Park setup.

I place zero consideration on the town amenities like some here, we simply drive in, tailgate, watch the game and leave. My concern is good parking lots with lots of bathrooms and dumpsters for trash so the lots don't look like our fans are all lazy scumbags.

Keep ticket prices low so families can still attend, design the new place so it's super loud (unlike the Heinz field disaster) and sell beer in the second half of the game, that's when my buzz is wearing off and we're starting to lose so I'll need a drink somewhere in the late 3rd quarter.

the team isnt ever moving to batavia. its amazing that people even think that this would be a realistic option.

Oh wow...

Thanks for letting us know. We all thought the team was moving to Batavia this offseason.

You've definitely contributed.