Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Coinbase still doing that?  Thats not encouraging.

Nah, it finally loaded for me a few minutes later.

Not sure if they were just overloaded, or pulling an ol' Robinhood.

I was more upset because I want to be able to buy if it drops below $30k. Not trying to sell anything off yet.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, it finally loaded for me a few minutes later.

Not sure if they were just overloaded, or pulling an ol' Robinhood.

I was more upset because I want to be able to buy if it drops below $30k. Not trying to sell anything off yet.

Coinbase always used to crash whenever prices spiked or cratered back in the day.  Its concerning that its still prone to crashes whenever you would most want to buy or sell.  

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Coinbase always used to crash whenever prices spiked or cratered back in the day.  Its concerning that its still prone to crashes whenever you would most want to buy or sell.  

All you need to do is look at their stock price from their IPO last month to today to know that "crashing" is pretty standard for them.

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

All you need to do is look at their stock price from their IPO last month to today to know that "crashing" is pretty standard for them.

That was my fear with getting into COIN.  Would it be linked to the price of crpyto and it looks like that is the case in these early days.  I would think that COIN's cash flows would not be effected much by the underlying price of crypto and would be linked more to trading volume.  However, in periods after crypto crashes we see lack of investor interest and much lower trading volumes.  

My view on crypto is now to wait until we see a new bottom, cost average down and just forget about my holdings until everyone I know and my own grandma starts telling me all about how dachsund coin is going to be the new global reserve currency and take profits.  Rinse, wash, repeat.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That was my fear with getting into COIN.  Would it be linked to the price of crpyto and it looks like that is the case in these early days.  I would think that COIN's cash flows would not be effected much by the underlying price of crypto and would be linked more to trading volume.  However, in periods after crypto crashes we see lack of investor interest and much lower trading volumes.  

My view on crypto is now to wait until we see a new bottom, cost average down and just forget about my holdings until everyone I know and my own grandma starts telling me all about how dachsund coin is going to be the new global reserve currency and take profits.  Rinse, wash, repeat.

There are lots of things working against COIN being thought of as a good investment besides being linked to the price of crypto (which is absolutely is). Their business model in general isnt great. I was excited and got in early, but luckily quickly got out as well.

I trade crypto, but not bitcoin.  I am more into the altcoins that actually have some potential...Skale, Polygon, Cardano, etc...

I snapped up 25K shares of Skale during the crash yesterday at .27, which was effectively half price, going to make a killing in a few days when it is back above .50 again.

I try and make between $300-2000 a day, sometimes it doesn't work out due to the hold times for liquidizing funds post trade, but I am doing pretty well with my strategy since this is right up my alley as a software engineer of seeing patterns and analyzing graphs.

That's why I love the crypto market...it has the ups and downs that a stock market has in a year in like a day and a half. Super lucrative if you do it properly.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I trade crypto, but not bitcoin.  I am more into the altcoins that actually have some potential...Skale, Polygon, Cardano, etc...

I snapped up 25K shares of Skale during the crash yesterday at .27, which was effectively half price, going to make a killing in a few days when it is back above .50 again.

I try and make between $300-2000 a day, sometimes it doesn't work out due to the hold times for liquidizing funds post trade, but I am doing pretty well with my strategy since this is right up my alley as a software engineer of seeing patterns and analyzing graphs.

That's why I love the crypto market...it has the ups and downs that a stock market has in a year in like a day and a half. Super lucrative if you do it properly.

Out of curiosity, which platforms/exchanges do you trade on?

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Out of curiosity, which platforms/exchanges do you trade on?

Coinbase Pro.  I was looking into Kraken Pro but haven't used that yet...

I made the mistake of starting in Coinbase where the fees are ridiculous, then my friend let me know Coinbase Pro has way lower fees and has the option to use stop/limits buys and sells to handle things automatically for you so you don't miss opportunities.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I made the mistake of starting in Coinbase where the fees are ridiculous, then my friend let me know Coinbase Pro has way lower fees and has the option to use stop/limits buys and sells to handle things automatically for you so you don't miss opportunities.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm on CB Pro as well, and for those same reasons. Luckily I got into the game late, so when I googled around to see which exchange to join, there were already plenty of articles pointing out that Pro is free and has lower fees and better trading options.

However, I'm thinking about also starting a Binance or Bilaxy account as well. I worry that if anything I dabble in actually did hit the moon, or if I wanted to just cash everything out and get out of the game, doing so from a single platform might be tough. Or if the company goes breasts up or something crazy (COIN stock tanking, Binance under SEC investigation, etc). Want to be a little diversified in who has my money.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Gotcha, thanks. I'm on CB Pro as well, and for those same reasons. Luckily I got into the game late, so when I googled around to see which exchange to join, there were already plenty of articles pointing out that Pro is free and has lower fees and better trading options.

However, I'm thinking about also starting a Binance or Bilaxy account as well. I worry that if anything I dabble in actually did hit the moon, or if I wanted to just cash everything out and get out of the game, doing so from a single platform might be tough. Or if the company goes breasts up or something crazy (COIN stock tanking, Binance under SEC investigation, etc). Want to be a little diversified in who has my money.

Nothing wrong with that. Binance is killing it, raking in like 1B in profit, so I doubt they are going anywhere

Edited by Big Turk

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Thanks.  Just switched to it.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, Back2Buff said:

Elon toying with the market is exactly why I don't do anything with crypto.  This needs regulation bad.

I think his influence on Dogecoin is slowly dwindling but to me the best investment shouldn't be reliant on an eccentric billionaire tweeting at random times. 

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think his influence on Dogecoin is slowly dwindling but to me the best investment shouldn't be reliant on an eccentric billionaire tweeting at random times. 

though it was pretty excellent for quite a few people.

• Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...