Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

13 hours ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Really trying to understand this......I live in a pretty urban area and was trying to figure out whether the cost of the unit could get paid back.

At $300-400 for the devices, most folks have been able to recoup their cost pretty quickly (like days or weeks, not months or years). I'm fine with the $400 risk. It's the lowest entry amount into any investment I've risked so far.  🤣 Even if it becomes some relic in my attic

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Glad it is above 50k b.c I bought in around 51k and wasn't expecting it to go under like it did.

yeah itll be alright! great read is The Bitcoin Standard if youre interested.  Very thorough look at inflation, and why government $ sucks, and how BTC has already started, and will finish passing gold as the best hold of value in the world.  If youre not all in now, you will be after the book. Great read! Author graduated from Columbia U, and is a professor of economics

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Think were going to level out at current price, drop a good amount Friday with expiration of futures, AND BOOM FOR A FEW MOS!  Parabolic by July

When are the futures set to expire today?

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:04 PM, TBBills said:

Glad it is above 50k b.c I bought in around 51k and wasn't expecting it to go under like it did.

You didn't expect the most volatile asset in the world that is on a 12 month run of  +555% to ever dip below $51k?  The last time BTC went on a run like this it went from $1,000 to $20k and a year later could be bought for $3,300.  

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Give it a year, you'll be fine.

Is there any reason to believe the crypto cycle which we have seen 3 times before will not repeat itself again with an 80% retrace?  Maybe give it 5 years.

51 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You didn't expect the most volatile asset in the world that is on a 12 month run of  +555% to ever dip below $51k?  The last time BTC went on a run like this it went from $1,000 to $20k and a year later could be bought for $3,300.  

Is there any reason to believe the crypto cycle which we have seen 3 times before will not repeat itself again with an 80% retrace?  Maybe give it 5 years.

Maybe. Probably. My time frame wasnt the point. The point was to be patient and ride it out.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I think you aren't exactly understanding what I was talking about.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

When are the futures set to expire today?

Yeah it was set to Londons time, whatever that was, was 11a here. I really think we consolidated well, shook off alot of leveraged short terriers. Was hoping fb would announce they had some during their quarterly news yesterday. This thing feels like it's waiting for any news to engage liftoff 🤞

18 hours ago, TBBills said:

I think you aren't exactly understanding what I was talking about.

You were surprised the market price of Bitcoin fell below your cost basis because crypto goes up.  Not much to understand there but if you feel there was some kind of salient point that flew over my head then by all means, enlighten me.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

You were surprised the market price of Bitcoin fell below your cost basis because crypto goes up.  Not much to understand there but if you feel there was some kind of salient point that flew over my head then by all means, enlighten me.

You obviously don't follow it enough to understand what I was talking about. Just don't worry about it, doesn't concern people like you.

If any of you are invested in Bitcoin, you would do well to sell it now, get out of Bitcoin completely.

Very soon, Bitcoin will be worth ZERO. 

If you want to swap Bitcoin for other assets, get XLM or XRP.

XRP is not currently available in the US, but Canadians may still be able to get it. 

These "X" coins are backed by precious metals, where Bitcoin is backed by nothing.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

If any of you are invested in Bitcoin, you would do well to sell it now, get out of Bitcoin completely.

Very soon, Bitcoin will be worth ZERO. 

If you want to swap Bitcoin for other assets, get XLM or XRP.

XRP is not currently available in the US, but Canadians may still be able to get it. 

These "X" coins are backed by precious metals, where Bitcoin is backed by nothing.

I have those.  But completely disagree on BTC.

• Like (+1) 1