Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

19 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

My coinbase account balance says I have $160,937,857.19

I have been trying to cash out for the last half hour. I guess it's a display issue. 

16 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

I was just in there, and they said they were having "connection issues".

Coinbase is in over their head, and I would not be surprised to see them go under soon.

Yesterday's error which made us all temporary Billionaires was NOT Coinbase or BTC specific. It was an issue across almost all coins and exchanges.

On 12/7/2021 at 4:39 AM, Poleshifter said:

If you have the Lobstr wallet, you can then swap those XLM for XRP.

Why do you prefer LOBSTR over the standard Stellar Wallet? You can swap coins on the Stellar wallet as well. Are there any benefits?

edit: hmm, maybe disregard. Looking further into it, it seems like what I thought was the official Stellar wallet isnt "official" at all, and just branded to look as such. Unlike the standard Algorand mobile wallet which is developed, supported, and provided by Algorand directly. Doesnt seem to be an equivalent for Stellar, which is kind of weird.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why do you prefer LOBSTR over the standard Stellar Wallet? You can swap coins on the Stellar wallet as well. Are there any benefits?

edit: hmm, maybe disregard. Looking further into it, it seems like what I thought was the official Stellar wallet isnt "official" at all, and just branded to look as such. Unlike the standard Algorand mobile wallet which is developed, supported, and provided by Algorand directly. Doesnt seem to be an equivalent for Stellar, which is kind of weird.

Lobstr was the first Stellar wallet I looked into, and it turned out great, so I did not investigate the others (there is Stellarterm and one more, I think). Have had Lobstr since April and it makes the whole process easy.

I would highly recommend Lobstr as well as the Stellar network tokens.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

I was mostly joking. Didnt do too much, or as much as I'd like. More Algo (as always) and some LRC.

LRC = Loopring. That is an Ethereum token, and Ethereum is going in the dumper. Hope you don't have too much into it.

• 1 month later...

The move is to start trading futures contracts. It allows you to profit when the market moves in either direction, long when it goes up, short when it goes down. Also allows leverage trading to maximize profits. You don't actually own any crypto...no worries about wallet hacks, DeFi Hacks, rugpulls, etc.

I've been doing so well at it I am thinking of retiring from my career as a software engineer. Averaging over 3x a day what I make at my job and as I become better and better that number keeps increasing.

Since I have started earlier this month, I am roughly 83% profitable with my trades. Will monitor this over the next few months and if I continue to have this level of success or even improve I will done with working.

Edited by Big Turk

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The move is to start trading futures contracts. It allows you to profit when the market moves in either direction, long when it goes up, short when it goes down. Also allows leverage trading to maximize profits. You don't actually own any crypto...no worries about wallet hacks, DeFi Hacks, rugpulls, etc.

I've been doing so well at it I am thinking of retiring from my career as a software engineer. Averaging over 3x a day what I make at my job and as I become better and better that number keeps increasing.

Since I have started earlier this month, I am roughly 83% profitable with my trades. Will monitor this over the next few months and if I continue to have this level of success or even improve I will done with working.

So, you're thinking of retiring because you've been lucky for three months?   Smart move.   Can I interest you in getting in on my syndicate to buy a very nice recently rehabbed bridge over Chautauqua Lake?

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

So, you're thinking of retiring because you've been lucky for three months?   Smart move.   Can I interest you in getting in on my syndicate to buy a very nice recently rehabbed bridge over Chautauqua Lake?

It's not luck. I've put a lot of time and effort into understanding technical analysis and chart patterns over the past year. When you put the time in, you reap the rewards eventually. I just started reading futures contracts but I have been in the space for a year now.

I trade high probability set ups. 85% win rates and averaging over 1K a day in profits isn't luck. 

Don't worry about me, I will be just fine. I've never lost by betting on myself in my entire life and I won't start now.

Edited by Big Turk

25 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Goodness.

Someone thinks they can retire because they are new to and learning the options/futures/technical analysis world.

After a year of doing it literally almost every free minute of the day I am not new to it anymore. When I am highly interested in something I become obsessed with it and delve into it deeply. Being highly intelligent doesn't hurt either.

My results speak for themself. Experience helps in some situations but once you've experienced those situations talent is far more important most of the time.

I don't trade options, only perpetuals.

Software engineering and trading have a lot in common regarding patterns. I am phenomenal at pattern recognition. Maybe others aren't. I'm not them, I'm me and I'll always bet on me.

Edited by Big Turk

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

After a year of doing it literally almost every free minute of the day I am not new to it anymore. When I am highly interested in something I become obsessed with it and delve into it deeply. Being highly intelligent doesn't hurt either.

My results speak for themself. Experience helps in some situations but once you've experienced those situations talent is far more important most of the time.

I don't trade options, only perpetuals.

Software engineering and trading have a lot in common regarding patterns. I am phenomenal at pattern recognition. Maybe others aren't. I'm not them, I'm me and I'll always bet on me.

And you think there aren't tens of millions others who don't think the same?

Technical analysis, no matter the market, is not some secret calculus. Been tried for decades.

If you think that doing it for a "year" somehow makes you "not new," I suggest you are mistaken.

I've traded options as a hedge for over 25 years.

Your confidence is interesting, but anyone who thinks they are some savant in this is likely to be surprised.

Either way.....Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Goodness.

Someone thinks they can retire because they are new to and learning the options/futures/technical analysis world.

We bought a Buckhead townhouse from a young guy who sold a company and made some good money. (We rented to our son and DIL - for about half the market rent.)  He decided to become a day trader. We continued to get some of his mail. After about a year the mail became predominantly past due notices. 

I’m not referring to Big Turk or anyone else in particular. I’m just saying it’s not as easy as it looks, and most people are not as smart as they think they are. Sucks to learn that lesson the hard way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And you think there aren't tens of millions others who don't think the same?

Technical analysis, no matter the market, is not some secret calculus. Been tried for decades.

If you think that doing it for a "year" somehow makes you "not new," I suggest you are mistaken.

I've traded options as a hedge for over 25 years.

Your confidence is interesting, but anyone who thinks they are some savant in this is likely to be surprised.

Either way.....Good luck. 

I usually do scalps or swing trades. Not sure why people think this is so difficult. Any day I wanted to I could sit down with someone, open a trade right in front of them and make a few hundred dollars within 30 minutes. I literally do it every day multiple times a day. 

I also use stop losses so even if I am wrong, my losses are minimal compared to the gains I have because I am right more often than I am wrong by a good margin. 

High timeframe wicks that don't progress further in either direction are pretty easy targets, especially when the indicators I use show vectors. Won't trade anything lower than 1 HR timeframes but prefer 3 or 4 HR.

Maybe I am mistaken regarding my length of time doing it as being inexperienced but not in my methods. 

Luck doesn't play any role in any of this. You see the setup and you trade it. Over and over again. With crypto you get far more of these entry points than with stocks. 

"If you want to take the island, first burn the boats. With absolute commitment come insights that create real victory." - Tony Robbins