The McDermott Era begins - Voluntary OTAs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any sympathy eaters?

Serious question - will there be a presser?

i don't know but I'm thinking probably not since the HC, OC and DC can't interact with the players yet per the CBA. I expect player interviews though. Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't know but I'm thinking probably not since the HC, OC and DC can't interact with the players yet per the CBA. I expect player interviews though.

So is it just the strength and conditioning coaches? And didn't we fire half of them last week?

Huh, didn't know about the new "phase" rules.

Man that CBA is 50 shades of rediculous. Those rules are incredibly specific and restrictive.

People wonder why players are always hurt nowadays, when they are bubble wrapped and coddled during practice, and don't even know how to get hit. Instead of being conditioned to get hit, the NFLPA has successfully legislated propper training out of the NFL. They are ill-prepared for the game, causing a down-tick in the quality of the product on the field, and a weakening of the players overall. But that's what happens when the players are represented by a group who's objective is to get them more millions for less and less work. Laziness does not pay off, and the NFL ratings are telling the story.

Rant aside, this phase 1 is basically going to the gym together. No football and no football coaches. What benefit do teams with new coaches get from that? Only makes sense if it's to learn a system, but clearly they can't do that.

Huh, didn't know about the new "phase" rules.

Man that CBA is 50 shades of rediculous. Those rules are incredibly specific and restrictive.

People wonder why players are always hurt nowadays, when they are bubble wrapped and coddled during practice, and don't even know how to get hit. Instead of being conditioned to get hit, the NFLPA has successfully legislated propper training out of the NFL. They are ill-prepared for the game, causing a down-tick in the quality of the product on the field, and a weakening of the players overall. But that's what happens when the players are represented by a group who's objective is to get them more millions for less and less work. Laziness does not pay off, and the NFL ratings are telling the story.

Rant aside, this phase 1 is basically going to the gym together. No football and no football coaches. What benefit do teams with new coaches get from that? Only makes sense if it's to learn a system, but clearly they can't do that.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

@salsports

Looked like Lorenzo Alexander, Kyle Williams, and Micah Hyde were leading stretching as we walked into fieldhouse.

Mike Gillislee, still under RFA tender, eligible to be signed to offer sheet by another team, is here working out.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@salsports

Looked like Lorenzo Alexander, Kyle Williams, and Micah Hyde were leading stretching as we walked into fieldhouse.

Good old Kyle. That guy is always at everything, fired up and rearing to go.

Such a great leader and team player. Very happy to have 95 back for at least another year.

@salsports

Mike Gillislee, still under RFA tender, eligible to be signed to offer sheet by another team, is here working out.

I would optimistically take that as Gilly still being a candidate for a long-term deal.

@salsports

Sammy Watkins, Eric Wood, and Cyrus Kouandjio are all working on the exercise bike

Tyrod Taylor is doing every exercise so far.

Haven't see LeSean McCoy out here.

Very, very glad to see the trio of Sammy/Wood/Cyrus in attendance.