most mocks have bills taking williams

buffuct

saw shaq on a ton of mocks last year to us. Im not sure where he is getting that opinion from but I see tons of mocks every year that get our pick right.

The only guy in the top 20 most popular mocks that had us taking Shaq was the guy from Rotoworld (Josh somebody). I'm embarrassed to say I printed the chart last year and just looked at it.

The average correct picks from the top dudes like roto, Peter king, mayock, kiper the killer, mcshay, collinsworth, SI is about 6 out of 32 correct picks (player and team)

Go back to 2000 and start there with Eric Flowers and look at all out 1st rounders. Dareus was the only guy that wasnt a surprise.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WR at 1 is a luxury we can't afford

....agree 100%.....they're pinning their hopes on a healthy Sammy and backfilling with inexpensive FA pickups hoping either they shine or one of the kids still on the roster does.....Listenbee (WR) or Thomas (TE) come to mind......can't see spending MORE money or a 1st on receiving corp until TT demonstrates he can process the field in allotted time and find receivers open which has NOT happened so far IMO........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....agree 100%.....they're pinning their hopes on a healthy Sammy and backfilling with inexpensive FA pickups hoping either they shine or one of the kids still on the roster does.....Listenbee (WR) or Thomas (TE) come to mind......can't see spending MORE money or a 1st on receiving corp until TT demonstrates he can process the field in allotted time and find receivers open which has NOT happened so far IMO........

+ 100

BINGO.

Really? A LOT of folks predicted the Bills would take Shaq last year.

Like which mocks, Mannc? The closest I saw was Walter Football, which predicted we'd take Ragland at 19, not Shaq. NFL had us taking Rankins after Ragland went 1 pick ahead.

I don't have ESPN Insider etc so I don't see some of the most popular - maybe some of those predicted Shaq?

WR at 1 is a luxury we can't afford

While I'm not lobbying for a WR at 10, I don't see how WR isn't a screaming need. Right now the Bills have the oft-(and currently-) injured Watkins, some JAGs and hope. It's a position that should be 3 deep at minimum in today's NFL so I'm incredibly concerned with the current WR corps. And if your rationale is that Taylor can't get the ball out to the WRs anyway, then you've hit upon a totally different problem.

IF they stay at 10, I do not think for one second they will take a WR. OJ Howard, maybe. But not a WR. Most likely it will be a defensive player.

I think there will be two or three DBs off the board before 10. Are there any LBs worth taking at 10? Im starting to warm up to the idea of Howard.

Like which mocks, Mannc? The closest I saw was Walter Football, which predicted we'd take Ragland at 19, not Shaq. NFL had us taking Rankins after Ragland went 1 pick ahead.

I don't have ESPN Insider etc so I don't see some of the most popular - maybe some of those predicted Shaq?

wasn't talking about mocks. I meant here on TSW. My recollection is that Shaq was a very popular pre-draft pick.

...neither do I....terrible letdown not PAYING for Brylcream Mel or Beiber McShay's yap.......greatest Brylcream battle was in 1994 when he squared off with Colts' GM Tobin about his pick...when Tobin was asked in the presser about Mel, "he said "who the hell is that"?......Beiber's shining moment was calling Marshawn a "reach of a bust at #12".....

I think Foster will go to Chargers at 7. I don't think we will take a LB in the 1st unless we trade down.

I like the idea of Reddick in this defense but am not sold of his value at 10.

...isn't the Reddick kid "Kiko like" in size, with many posters saying Alonso wore down as the season went on because of smallish size?..............

...isn't the Reddick kid "Kiko like" in size, with many posters saying Alonso wore down as the season went on because of smallish size?..............

Kiko played inside, Reddick is Von Miller-like will play outside