Jets possibly looking at QB in first round

Should Jets take a QB in first round, it'll be HUGE. Means more likely they won't pick QB in first round in 2018. But again they got pressing needs in corner, and that's literally a "cornerstone" of their coach's D so this is probably all smoke and mirrors.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/29/jets-have-private-workout-with-mitchell-trubisky-qb-homework-gets-serious/

Should Jets take a QB in first round, it'll be HUGE. Means more likely they won't pick QB in first round in 2018. But again they got pressing needs in corner, and that's literally a "cornerstone" of their coach's D so this is probably all smoke and mirrors.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/29/jets-have-private-workout-with-mitchell-trubisky-qb-homework-gets-serious/

They need a QB badly. I bet they draft one in the first.

Jet's would be the ideal target for a draft pick trade also in my opinion. I would trade them #10 for their first and second next year. - Mainly because I expect them to be battling it out for honor of worst team in the league this year.

Edited by PolishDave

Jets have drafted a QB the past 4 years and 6 in the last 8. And they just signed Josh McKown's mummy.

And they are going to pick one in the 1st this year?

Bahaha.

The number of Qb's they have drafted in recent years is irrelevant as part of the decision unless the Jets are incapable of using logic. If you don't have a qb that has a reasonable potential to become a franchise QB (and I don't think the Jets think they do), then you have to get one somehow.

Doubt they will put it off another year unless they think they have a guy on the roster now. And if they did, I think we would have seen him play (with a spark) last year.

I sincerely hope the Jest burn their top six pick on a QB. That means a blue chip talent has a better chance of falling to us.

Yes...presumably one coming off a mediocre year, with a great motor, but unavailable to work out in the off season because of a torn meniscus, rotator cuff, torn labrum, and an assortment of other conditions we seem to look past.

The number of Qb's they have drafted in recent years is irrelevant as part of the decision unless the Jets are incapable of using logic. If you don't have a qb that has a reasonable potential to become a franchise QB (and I don't think the Jets think they do), then you have to get one somehow.

Doubt they will put it off another year unless they think they have a guy on the roster now. And if they did, I think we would have seen him play (with a spark) last year.

So you think they drafted Hackenberg and Petty as potential backups?

So you think they drafted Hackenberg and Petty as potential backups?

No. I think they think they misjudged them.

If I recall correctly, last year towards the end of the season there was a rumor that the Jet's front office was entirely unhappy about any of their potential quarterbacks. If that is true, they probably draft one this year. Maybe first maybe not.

Would be okay with me if we traded our 10 pick to them and got their 1 and 2 next year. Then they can draft someone else with their first pick and still take a qb in the first. D Watson perhaps. - Sounds good to me.

Edited by PolishDave

I could certainly see Trubisky with the 6th overall pick. It's not like they're paying McCown starter money. I could even see the Bears thinking about it with their pick at #3. Sure they signed Glennon for a good chunk of change, but $18.5m is guaranteed and most of that is actually his salary for this year. Draft your future and give him a year or two to develop. If none of the Jets, Bears, or 49ers go QB early, I think Cleveland will be sitting pretty at #12 to get a QB to go with Garrett.

I figured out which team told Davis Webb he was a 1st rd pick. It all makes sense now.

:lol:

You mean to imply that Josh McCown isn't the future?

:lol:

You mean to imply that Josh McCown isn't the future?

:w00t:

If they go into the season with him as the starter, I think they will be intentionally tanking. Just my opinion.

And I am okay with that because I think the Jets suck big time this year regardless of whether they try not to.

With any luck we just might get a Cleveland-esque team in the AFC East. Woo hoo!

Edited by PolishDave