Sounds like LB early is a possibility

billspro

Been Saying Haason Reddick for a few weeks now.

Would love to trade down a couple spots to say 14-15 and gain a 3rd

This guy is a beast...he can rush the passer, cover, and contain...I could see him as our Von Miller, therefore I wouldn't mind taking him at 10.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a big champion of Sal's before he became wgr beat writer for the bills. But I really hate now how he talks down to his audience, and sounds like he's had 10 cups of coffee when he's on air now. Almost makes me wish for Joe .B back.

@salsports

Just went back and listened closely to what Sean McDermott said about MLB. I do NOT believe he said what many others do re: Ragland....

IMO McDermott did NOT say Ragland will start at MLB. He said "we'll start at middle LB," meaning that's where he will line up to begin OTAs

He definitely praised Ragland's leadership and IQ, but sounds to me like he said "we'll start (with him) at MLB," not "will start at MLB"...

..and that's when he also talked about Preston being "in the same mold" and how the position will be fun to watch. It will be a competition

Reddick, like Howard, may be the fastest rising player in the draft over the last 3 weeks

If he's that good I hope he is in the mix at #10

However I would not even rule out the dropping Allen, whom could be a steal at #10

DT, OLB, S, CB, WR, whatever, just go get a great player

jc

McDermott said as of now Alexander and Humber are starting OLBs and Ragland is starting MLB. Preston is a backup right now. Reddick is a real possibility at 10 if that is the case. The LB out of Vandy could be a possibility in a trade down scenario. I think Reddick would be the best fit for this D in the entire draft.

I would say WR, but I am now leaning LB.

How "early?" If it's not Foster, I don't see another at 10.

Agree. He is LK with perhaps less instincts/anticipation. He is awesome but I wonder whether and for how long he can play and remain healthy at the next level given his hyper aggressive style. Has had problems with stingers. If health is not an issue he would be a deserving pick at 10 fo sho.

@salsports

I've confirmed w/Bills what I interpreted earlier as correct. McDermott did NOT say Ragland will start at MLB. He said he'll start OUT there

...(meaning in minicamps).. and so will Preston Brown. Then, they'll see if that is best for for both/either.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Man we got enough LBs. This draft isn't about LBs. get the DBs and WRs. best talent out there.

We have enough LBs? Enough Lb for field a team, yes. Imo we have 1 starter quality LB (and he's coming off surgery and has never played a snap in the NFL). Not sure what you're talking about. LBs are extremely important in this system. Especially LBs with the ability to cover. That's not something we have at the moment. Foster at 10 or trade down and grab Reddick, Cunningham or Davis then draft A WR and some DBs. When a draft is loaded at DB, that doesn't mean you should draft them early. You can get quality DBs later.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a 3rd round LB, team doesn't have a pure coverage LB on the roster unless they bring Zach Brown back. I would be shocked to see one taken in the first two rounds but round 3 or later wouldn't surprise me.

Alex Anzalone would be a good fit in the third, he a every down LB with great athleticism but has injury history.