sign me up!

Agreed. I was heavily attacked for not doing so years ago.

Thats fine probably should have, but i remember first being on here how it was awesome that people talked about the bills and it seemed as if everyones opinion was respected and not ridiculed at every turn. come on here many times a day and enjoy the information and honest opinions, but seems to have too much negative and put down energy sometimes, maybe just me, i will try to be more descriptive next time for sure.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you all thinking? Sure the Browns are dumb, but not that dumb. To move up 2 spots they are not giving up more than a high 4th. That is laughable to even think they would give up their high 2 to move up two spots. (But I would be ecstatic if they did) I think a high 4th and Josh Gordon would be excellent. He would feel real comfortable on our team w all the pot smokers. But seriously the guy can ball. You can't disregard talent.

Picks 108 and 145 which are the first picks in rounds 4 & 5 are slightly in the Bills favor point wise according the to trade value chart Whaley has used before, and seems fair to me in a 2 spot move up. It is after all 2 spots.... Pick 10 for 12, 108 and 145 would be a good trade down for Buffalo in this draft IMO.

Picks 108 and 145 which are the first picks in rounds 4 & 5 are slightly in the Bills favor point wise according the to trade value chart Whaley has used before, and seems fair to me in a 2 spot move up. It is after all 2 spots.... Pick 10 for 12, 108 and 145 would be a good trade down for Buffalo in this draft IMO.

I would rather have 108 & Gordon.

I can't see the Browns paying two picks one being a 2nd to just jump over 11.

If they feel that their franchise altering quarterback is said pick, and they could lose him, i doubt they would risk it over a 2nd round pick.

If they feel that their franchise altering quarterback is said pick, and they could lose him, i doubt they would risk it over a 2nd round pick.

If the Browns are willing to give up pick #12 and a 2nd rounder, then they can get up well above 10 for that. That's the big issue with that trade.

Here's a good, interactive version of the standard draft chart:

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Cle

Edited by BarleyNY

If the Browns are willing to give up pick #12 and a 2nd rounder, then they can get up well above 10 for that. That's the big issue with that trade.

Here's a good, interactive version of the standard draft chart:

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Cle

Thanks for the link

Either way my point is if they feel that they can get a once in a generation type QB outta the deal, have no other trade partners available and theres a good chance that they could miss out, then in the grand scheme of things what would it hurt for them to trade a 2nd? I mean they have what, like 3 of em?

For 1-10, I'd ask for 1-12, Cleveland's 4th round pick (1st pick in 4th) and to switch 2nd round picks (33 for 43). Having that first pick in Rd 2 could be huge.

Great thought. That would be huge to flip 2nd rounders. Would give the Bills more potential power on day 2.

If you are going from 10 to 12, you need a hell of a lot more than a mid round pick included. You can hold that pick hostage with anyone else who wants a QB at that spot and see who pays up.

You wouldn't get much more than that. Ten to twelve is a very small jump.

And #10 isn't anything you can really "hold for hostage." If you say we're not giving up the #10 unless you pay us a ton, they'll hang up and call #11.

Sure, sometimes teams pay too much, but it's generally for the #1 or #2 pick.

12th pick Joe Haden, and a 3rd..

Quick question, if you're the Browns, do you make that trade? Nah, me either.

Not if Trubisky is a top 10 NFL QB

Granted. But if they're that sure Trubisky really is a top ten guy, they'd be getting him by trading back from #1 to #4 or so.

It's not impossible, but this "the other guy will overpay" is the standard assumption on here when trades are proposed, and it's actually pretty rare and therefore all the excitement leads to nothing. People always assume that the Bills can get what they want by giving too little and that when we trade down teams will give up too much. And what usually happens is that both ways the trade goes pretty close to actual value.

Edited by Thurman#1

I doubt Howard is our dream pick and would need more than a 4rth. A team moving up for a QB needs to pay a steep price like a 2 and a 4.

guarantee we are going defense as we need to get players that fit McDs scheme. They can say all they want about using players to their talents but we all know coaches pick players that fit their scheme and we need a lot of those.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian