FA LB Keenan Robinson visited Bills; re-signs with NYG

Hopefully this is just to get Brown to sign his offer on the table .

Linebackers: Perry Riley, Redskins, 27.1, and Keenan Robinson, Redskins, 34.1

It’s a mix of depressing and terrifying that both of the Redskins’ inside linebackers made this team. Riley makes this list thanks to a run defense grade of 20.6 and a pass coverage grade of 34.8. Among all inside linebackers, Riley ranks dead last in run stop percentage thanks to just four run stops in 134 snaps (3.0 percent). He’s hardly better in coverage, allowing an eighth-worst 1.23 yards per cover snap

Robinson has a run stop percentage of 9.2, which is good for the 18th best in the league. Yet he has a league-worst (by a lot) run defense grade of 15.1. What’s the reason for that? Well, it has a lot to do with his almost hilariously-bad missed tackle rate to start this season. Robinson has missed 15 tackles this season, 12 of them in the run game. He’s made 18 stops in the run game. For every three stops he makes, he’ll miss two tackles. That’s a bad rate, and needs to improve if he wants to get off this team by the end of the year

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pffs-midseason-all-worst-team/

Will the Giants finally fix their linebacker corps?

For what seems like 20 seasons, the linebackers employed by the Giants have been really bad. Devon Kennard played well in 2016 with a season grade of 79.1, but being the SAM backer, he saw just 46.5 percent of the defense’s snaps. Jonathan Casillas improved in run defense this season, but continues to struggle in pass coverage, while Keenan Robinson and Kelvin Sheppard were two of the worst overall linebackers in the NFL in 2016.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-biggest-offseason-question-for-every-eliminated-nfl-team/

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Hopefully this is just to get Brown to sign his offer on the table .

....seems like Brown is a bit PO'ed that others don't agree on HIS perceived value.....so does he come back only for a paycheck or ready to go?....what would you do?..............

....seems like Brown is a bit PO'ed that others don't agree on HIS perceived value.....so does he come back only for a paycheck or ready to go?....what would you do?..............

Eh, I wouldn't blame him for being a bit bent out of shape. He signed a prove it deal last year, played well and made the pro bowl, and his reward is another prove it deal. No one in FA signed long term deals (I think Hyde's might have been the longest term FA deal in the entire league) and the league simply doesn't value linebackers, but if I were coming off a good performance I'd like to be compensated well too.

pff can be useful but never provides the entire picture

ya and they talk about how bad all their lb were yet the giants had a top 10 def. 4th in rush def and 2nd in scoring so they couldnt have been that bad

ya and they talk about how bad all their lb were yet the giants had a top 10 def. 4th in rush def and 2nd in scoring so they couldnt have been that bad

Did you see how much money they spent last off season? Or having one of the best defenders in the entire league?

Their LBS were absolutely awful regardless of what some website says

pff can be useful but never provides the entire picture

Funny thing, but Perry Riley (the lower rated LB on that list) was rated 84.4 this year is the highest rated remaining UFA on PFF's list (save 39-year-old Terrence Newman). Zach Brown is next up. Sadly, however, fwiw, Robinson is way down the list -- in fact, the 6th ranked free agent Robinson, but above Manti Teo, D'Qwell Jackson, Zachary Orr (who knocked me out of my fantasy league's playoffs), and our ol' friend Kelvin Sheppard.