Schedule Breakdown

corta765

Here is my thinking on the 2016 opponents:

Game I expect to win: NYJ, @NYJ, TB, MIA

Games I wouldn't be surprised to see a Win or a Loss: IND, MIA, @Cincy, @LA Chargers

Games where I wouldn't think odds are for us much: NO, DEN, @KC, NE

Games where I would be utterly stunned if they win: @NE, OAK, @CAR, @ATL

I understand some would say the Pats home game should be probably in the stunned catagory, but I have two reasons it isn't 1.The Bills haven't beat NE at home since 2011, so just off the odds they actually due at some point here. 2. Pre-Rex the Bills were typically more competitive at home against NE compared to the sloshings we had the last 2 years.

Anyhoo based off how I feel looking at the schedule I really think anymore then 7 wins would actually be a decent season by coach and team given the current roster and schedule as of today (Schedule could end up easier and roster will look different after draft).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not a big fan of looking at last year's schedule to determine what's going to happen this year. i get that it's a fun exercise, but too much can change year to year...other than for NE. i just expect to get spanked by them year to year.

Games I wouldn't be surprised to see a Win or a Loss: IND, MIA, @Cincy, @LA Chargers

I understand some would say the Pats home game should be probably in the stunned catagory, but I have two reasons it isn't 1.The Bills haven't beat NE at home since 2011, so just off the odds they actually due at some point here. 2. Pre-Rex the Bills were typically more competitive at home against NE compared to the sloshings we had the last 2 years.

Anyhoo based off how I feel looking at the schedule I really think anymore then 7 wins would actually be a decent season by coach and team given the current roster and schedule as of today (Schedule could end up easier and roster will look different after draft).

If anyone one at One Bills Drive is thinking 7 wins would be a decent season, every single one of them should be fired for holding on to Tyrod. You either think you have the team to make the playoffs or rebuild now. The biggest mistake was not letting Kyle Williams go to a contender, holding on to Alexander and not trying to trade Shady when his stock is at its peak. 7 wins is garbage and if that is in the cards, the Bills really looked at this season upside down.

i am not a big fan of looking at last year's schedule to determine what's going to happen this year. i get that it's a fun exercise, but too much can change year to year...other than for NE. i just expect to get spanked by them year to year.

Agreed which is why I put as of now given we still haven't had the draft.

If anyone one at One Bills Drive is thinking 7 wins would be a decent season, every single one of them should be fired for holding on to Tyrod. You either think you have the team to make the playoffs or rebuild now. The biggest mistake was not letting Kyle Williams go to a contender, holding on to Alexander and not trying to trade Shady when his stock is at its peak. 7 wins is garbage and if that is in the cards, the Bills really looked at this season upside down.

I was more referring to as a fan that I would see they overachieved if they win more then 7 given the holes they have on roster and the caliber of QBs they face this season.

Few teams remain consistent one way or another year to year. With very few exceptions, it's nearly impossible to determine a sure win or sure loss.

this is more where i was going with it, but again, it's a fun exercise.

edit: to be even more specific, it grinds my gears when someone say the bills will only win x number of games because the schedule is so difficult.

Edited by teef

this is more where i was going with it, but again, it's a fun exercise.

edit: to be even more specific, it grinds my gears when someone say the bills will only win x number of games because the schedule is so difficult.

Or when they predict a... wait for it... cakewalk due to an easy schedule. No such thing as easy or tough anymore for the most part.

If anyone one at One Bills Drive is thinking 7 wins would be a decent season, every single one of them should be fired for holding on to Tyrod. You either think you have the team to make the playoffs or rebuild now. The biggest mistake was not letting Kyle Williams go to a contender, holding on to his Alexander and not trying to trade Shady when his stock is at its peak. 7 wins is garbage and if that is in the cards, the Bills really looked at this season upside down.

this should come as no surprise...Bills are notorious for buying high and selling low...NE has the Patriot Way...that, my friend, is the Bills Way

This is MEANINGLESS at this point in the year. There is ZERO correlation to what a teams record was last year and how they will perform the following year when we play them.

We don't know who is going to be injured, who is playing hurt, who is suspended, how much young players have improved or regressed, how much older players have started declining, what teams are playing poorly, what teams are playing well, what teams are getting "the breaks" to go their way, what teams have no confidence, etc..

This is the type of stuff that drives me crazy, because we discuss it like it actually matters when it doesn't. The past 2 years the Bills were "supposed" to have a really hard schedule when looked at before the season started and both times they ended up being one of the easiest in the NFL.

What a team "looks like" in March has ZERO correlation to how good they will be when we play them 6-7 months or more from now.

Ridiculous.

Edited by matter2003

Getting rid of Shady at his prime would be the Billsiest thing of all. We are keeping the top ten scoring offense and the top rushing offense intact. That is a good thing.

Exactly, for reference we dominated the raiders for 2 quarters last year, if we were consistent and had a coaching staff worth Brady's bag of feminine toiletries we should have won that game and a few more last year. Every week is a toss up and anyone can win.

heres what i see

split with Jets and Phins just because it's divisional

loss' to Indy, LA, Cincy, Atl, NE*2, Oak, Car, NO, KC because they have a way better QB then us.

Denvers a L because their D will swallow TT up whole.

Tampa is the only question mark - if Winston breaks out thats an L too.

Sadly we'll go 3-13 4-12 this year

Bright side DW finally get canned.

Getting rid of Shady at his prime would be the Billsiest thing of all. We are keeping the top ten scoring offense and the top rushing offense intact. That is a good thing.

So they can pray everything goes perfect and get 9 wins? The time to get assets for aging players with worth was now...and the Bills missed it.

What in God's name does a top rushing offense ever get anybody? Nothing.....

Edited by BuffaloBaumer