Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's maybe the dumbest thing you've written.

It's just how it is. There will always be people still cheering for the mediocre, can't get it done QB long after it became apparent they were not the answer. You can keep your Tyrod poster on your wall if you wish, much of the fan base has moved on.

Edited by jeffismagic

It's just how it is. There will always be people still cheering for the mediocre, can't get it done QB long after it became apparent they were not the answer. You can keep your Tyrod poster on your wall if you wish, much of the fan base has moved on.

This is the problem that other posters have pointed out about you. You draw conclusions about other posters not based on what they say, but based on the argument you want to have.

Be that as it may, regardless of how I, or anyone else may feel about TT (I'm fairly lukewarm on him, myself, but do feel that it was our best option to keep him), to equate him with Losman/Edwards/Manuel, and denigrate those who support him as the current starter is cheap trolling, and as I said, dumb.

why would you even post such a thing?

much of the fan base has moved on?

so, you and that fan base going to keep watching the bills, since, you know you've moved on?

maybe you'll move on to the team that drafts your avatar? he must have a pretty large fan base. you have his avatar, you have a poster on your wall of him too? you going to tear it down when the bills don't draft him?

fan base, ridiculous.

a fan base follows the team...

So only three dumpster fire teams were thinking about Tyrod? Hmmm.

Thurm you're just too funny the way you pick straws out that fit a small random point you're trying to make as you neglect 99% of what's being said.

Funny... sad... a bit of both, I guess...

Can't move on yet... pretty sure he's still the Bills QB...

Unless, of course, you're rooting for Taylor to fail :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

This is the problem that other posters have pointed out about you. You draw conclusions about other posters not based on what they say, but based on the argument you want to have.

Be that as it may, regardless of how I, or anyone else may feel about TT (I'm fairly lukewarm on him, myself, but do feel that it was our best option to keep him), to equate him with Losman/Edwards/Manuel, and denigrate those who support him as the current starter is cheap trolling, and as I said, dumb.

People have moved on from Jordan Mills as well. He is a turnstile. Oh wait, they brought him back so I am supposed to pretend he is good.

Who stated noone does it?

I read shaw state thst noone is doing it for a Tyrod. With a very good set of circumstances making it very plausible that noone did illegally tamper with him. Drop the pitch fork and think about it for a minute.

The rights for Taylor belonged to the Bills and noone else.

If another team stated they were going to pay something for him and his agent attempted to use that as leverage, do you really think the Bills would pit up with that?

You made the claim that it was "out of the question" for TT or his agent being in contact with other teams or people with inside knowledge.

If I'm getting laid off in two weeks the company I work for still has rights on any "technology I may have developed for them"

What happens in week 3? Do you not think I'm actively putting out "feelers" for a new job? You'd be silly not to. (preferred not to use the word stupid)

why would you even post such a thing?

Did you even need to ask that question?

why you ask?

He's trolling for replies imo

You made the claim that it was "out of the question" for TT or his agent being in contact with other teams or people with inside knowledge.

If I'm getting laid off in two weeks the company I work for still has rights on any "technology I may have developed for them"

What happens in week 3? Do you not think I'm actively putting out "feelers" for a new job? You'd be silly not to. (preferred not to use the word stupid)

Did you even need to ask that question?

why you ask?

He's trolling for replies imo

I see you are still having a rather difficult time at understanding what is being written.

Tyrod was under contract.

Noone except for a few key individuals knew what they planned to do with Tyrod.

This conversation was about Tyrod.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Do you have any facts or reports from any members of the bills organization stating that they were going to cut Tyrod?

Do you have any facts or reports from Taylor stating that the Bills were going to cut Tyrod?

Do you have any facts or reports from Taylors agent that the Bills were going to cut Tyrod?

Thurm you're just too funny the way you pick straws out that fit a small random point you're trying to make as you neglect 99% of what's being said.

Lets revisit BBMB. Top 3 of your "statistical analysis"

Over the middle passes. which led to "The definition of the middle of the field"

3rd down "passing" stats when the bigger picture is total 3rd down conversions.

I see you are still having a rather difficult time at understanding what is being written.

Do you have any facts or reports from any members of the bills organization stating that they were going to cut Tyrod?

Do you have any facts or reports from Taylor stating that the Bills were going to cut Tyrod?

Do you have any facts or reports from Taylors agent that the Bills were going to cut Tyrod?

And I see you are still not willing to listen to other peoples "arguments".

Do you have any facts or reports from any members that disprove what a number of us are saying?

Do you have any facts or reports from Taylor stating that the Bills were not going to cut Tyrod?

We may not have "proof" but neither do you.

Oh by the way....

What is the 'legal tampering' period? - NFL.com

The NFL's “legal tampering” period begins at noon ET on Tuesday, a two-day period where teams are allowed to begin negotiations with soon-to-be unrestricted free agents.

Technically, those players are under contract with their respective clubs until 4 p.m. ET on Thursday when the new league year begins. While talks and “all aspects of an NFL player contract" can be worked out during the legal tampering window, a deal cannot be signed or announced until the start of the new league year on Thursday.

Or this

NFL sends out annual legal tampering memo | ProFootballTalk

Several years ago, the NFL acknowledged the rampant pre-free agency tampering by creating a window for permissible pre-free agency tampering. Meanwhile, impermissible pre-free agency tampering continues, largely unchecked.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2015/03/25/what-is-tampering-and-why-does-the-nfl-care-about-it

The NFL defines tampering as “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.’’ “Any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL’’ is also a violation of the NFL’s anti-tampering policy.

For the true Tyrod fans, Tyrod never took a paycut.

Well, he did but, how one defines the reduction of salary and continued employment ...... it is very murky

darned if I wasn't about to post something similar but chose not to.

Do you have any facts or reports from any members that disprove what a number of us are saying?

Do you have any facts or reports from Taylor stating that the Bills were not going to cut Tyrod?

Oh by the way....

What is the 'legal tampering' period? - NFL.com

The NFL's “legal tampering” period begins at noon ET on Tuesday, a two-day period where teams are allowed to begin negotiations with soon-to-be unrestricted free agents.

Technically, those players are under contract with their respective clubs until 4 p.m. ET on Thursday when the new league year begins. While talks and “all aspects of an NFL player contract" can be worked out during the legal tampering window, a deal cannot be signed or announced until the start of the new league year on Thursday.

Or this

NFL sends out annual legal tampering memo | ProFootballTalk

Several years ago, the NFL acknowledged the rampant pre-free agency tampering by creating a window for permissible pre-free agency tampering. Meanwhile, impermissible pre-free agency tampering continues, largely unchecked.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2015/03/25/what-is-tampering-and-why-does-the-nfl-care-about-it

The NFL defines tampering as “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.’’ “Any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL’’ is also a violation of the NFL’s anti-tampering policy.

Well, he did but, how one defines the reduction of salary and continued employment ...... it is very murky

So under this format an agent could be sitting at a table with a rep from the Browns. The agent could say how much do you think Tyrod could be worth if released? Browns could say I would assume someone would pay him 12 million and they would be fine.

Plausible deniability easy to do, even for the non-lawyers.

Edited by jeffismagic

So under this format an agent could be sitting at a table with a rep from the Browns. The agent could say how much do you think Tyrod could be worth if released? Browns could say I would assume someone would pay him 12 million and they would be fine.

“Any public or private statement " So... one should assume it is done as long as they do not make a statement.

Do it just don't say it

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Do you really before the deadline that that either party is going to leak this information before anything is official?

We know that the Bills offered Taylor a restructured deal a good amount of time before the deadline. We know this because Taylor stated him and his agent decided the restructured deal was the best option. This was after Taylor stated his agent was at the combine having "unofficial" conversations with other teams. You don't really believe he wasn't gauging market interest for his client before making a decision to accept the Bills new offer?

I know your firm that agents and FO personnel don't tamper because it's a rule....yet already two teams were caught. Rules in every industry regardless of penalties are broken all the time...people take risks to get an advantage all the time. It's why NCAA schools get put on probation all the time, why people get thrown in jail for insider trading, people get fired skimming off the top etc.....they all know the penalties but they still do them.

Oh by the way.... What is the 'legal tampering' period? - NFL.com

The NFL's legal tampering period begins at noon ET on Tuesday, a two-day period where teams are allowed to begin negotiations with soon-to-be unrestricted free agents.

Technically, those players are under contract with their respective clubs until 4 p.m. ET on Thursday when the new league year begins. While talks and all aspects of an NFL player contract" can be worked out during the legal tampering window, a deal cannot be signed or announced until the start of the new league year on Thursday.

Or this NFL sends out annual legal tampering memo | ProFootballTalk

The NFL defines tampering as Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another clubs player to that players agent or representative, or to a member of the news media. Any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL is also a violation of the NFLs anti-tampering policy.

Casual conversations are a violation of tampering.

But that's impossible because they all follow the rules.

I didnt physically talk to any other teams, Taylor said. Casual conversation with my agent through I mean everyones at the Combine and stuff like that. No official conversations.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/tyrod-taylor-ultimately-made-the-right-decision-for-him/

Here's what I think happened. The Bills said "we want you to be our guy, but not under your option," TT's camp said "let's talk," they haggled with the option deadline looming. The Bills were inquiring about Romo and Glennon, showing TT they were seriously considering moving on, and his camp decided that restructuring to give up $10M was less or at least comparable to what he'd get on the open market.

100% agreed that's how it went down.

This is a good point. I don't think that an agent has that conversation sitting at the table with the Browns, because that would risk the tampering charge. But I think the agent has that conversation sitting at the table with the Packers or the Raiders or the Falcons. What's the difference? Everyone understands that the Falcons aren't looking for a QB. There's pretty no much NO likelihood that the Falcons would be interested in him. So that's just casual conversation between two guys in the business. Agent might even say "I'm guessing I can get a team to give him $X million a year," and the GM might say "I doubt anyone would go that high" or "yeah, you probably could get that."

Browns' GM isn't saying that, because that looks like a negotiation, and everyone is at risk. Falcons GM, over a cup of coffee, I agree that those conversations probably take place. And those conversations gave Tyrod's agent some idea of what he might be able to do if Tyrod were about to become a free agent.

Oh by the way.... What is the 'legal tampering' period? - NFL.com

The NFL's legal tampering period begins at noon ET on Tuesday, a two-day period where teams are allowed to begin negotiations with soon-to-be unrestricted free agents.

Technically, those players are under contract with their respective clubs until 4 p.m. ET on Thursday when the new league year begins. While talks and all aspects of an NFL player contract" can be worked out during the legal tampering window, a deal cannot be signed or announced until the start of the new league year on Thursday.

Or this NFL sends out annual legal tampering memo | ProFootballTalk

The NFL defines tampering as Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another clubs player to that players agent or representative, or to a member of the news media. Any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL is also a violation of the NFLs anti-tampering policy.

Tyrod wasnt set to be an UFA until 2021-2022. The legal tampering didnt apply to him.

Tyrod is signed by the club, that means Tyrod wasnt cut.

T

No he couldnt because Tyrod wasnt set to become an UFA. Try again.