Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

image.png

Put it away. I've already seen this show 500 times.

I'll tell you the plot and how it ends.

Jfh says something false and continues to do so until he's cornered.

Once cornered he lashes out with a barrage of misspelled attacks that make zero sense.

It's a bore after a while.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spellchecker bruh. You're 0-1000 in "arguments" btw.

Stop melting down. Save yourself for the season so you can play wannabee bouncer of the shoutbox.

It's not my fault Tyrod got pantsed so often and you're emotions run so high. Get it together and stop attacking folks. You really are the worst at it.

Fc slayed you. Stay down. You've made up stories about Flacco and 2nd year Dak.

Use the google machine. It'll help with facts.

Like I said....when you have to start off with spell check as your hard hitter....your doomed for failure.

Your too easy to attack so im trying to do do it......its like hitting the slow kid in the dodgeball match.....

Any conversation FC and i had....it didnt include you....you were not a part of it.....FC can stand and give and take....you cant...your weak

Edited by John from Hemet

Like I said....when you have to start off with spell check as your hard hitter....your doomed for failure.

Your too easy to attack so im trying to do do it......its like hitting the slow kid in the dodgeball match.....

Any conversation FC and i had....it didnt include you....you were not a part of it.....FC can stand and give and take....you cant...your weak

You're doomed for failure **

You're weak **

You can do it. Just apply yourself, instead of disparaging slow dodgeball players.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I thought that comment was interesting as well given that Denver was trying to get him the same time we were......

but hey.....its a message board we can just make stuff up as we go along to fit our agenda

That the Broncos wanted a guy a year ago at a moment when Denver had one QB on the roster and a different head coach ... very very clearly does not prove that the same team wants the same guy later with a different head coach and two very young promising QBs already on the roster. Especially at a time when they would have to pay about eight or ten times more than they were looking at back then.

When the rumor circulated that Elway had called last year in April, Denver had one QB on the roster, Siemian, who at the time had thrown zero NFL passes. Further, Tyrod had not yet signed his very expensive August 2016 contract extension and so was available for another year for a million or two.

And that doesn't even mention Tyrod's regression this last year.

There's no proof, but it's very likely that Denver indeed did not want Tyrod this off season. That train left the station when they drafted Lynch and Siemian played OK. There's been no mention of it this year and in fact sources said specifically that the Broncos were not one of the teams interested in Tyrod this year, those three being the Browns, 49ers and Jets.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/02/nfl-news-three-teams-tyrod-taylor-denver-broncos-not-among-them/

So yeah, I guess we can indeed make stuff up to fit agendas.

I used to wanna date this girl a while back. These days looking at her, I can't imagine what I was thinking. Things change. Assuming for no reason and with no evidence that they haven't is imprecise thinking.

Oh, and as for the Broncos fans, there was a recent poll as to who should be the Broncos QB this year here, on a site with a ton of Broncos-related polls:

https://apester.com/channels/5793d9cf58871208530731eb?src=channel

There were 23,000 voters. Two percent said Tyrod. Two percent! You can probably find two percent of Bills fans who still want Manuel.

Edited by Thurman#1

but hey.....its a message board I can just make stuff up as I go along to fit my agenda

Ftfy. And wow.

Thurman filled in for FC admirably. Bull in a China shop attacks with emotion > facts again.

Pantsed by Thurman.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Spellchecker bruh. You're 0-1000 in "arguments" btw.

Stop melting down. Save yourself for the season so you can play wannabee bouncer of the shoutbox.

It's not my fault Tyrod got pantsed so often and you're emotions run so high. Get it together and stop attacking folks. You really are the worst at it.

Fc slayed you. Stay down. You've made up stories about Flacco and 2nd year Dak. Use the google machine. It'll help with facts.

I'm half your age and make twice as much money. Don't worry about these feet I stand on. What other fables are in that bag ?

There us no z in pantsed btw.

Dude seriously.

Will the measuring stick comment be next?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I drive a Dodge Stratus!

I used to. Dodge stratus RT ! And yes my friends killed me with that line

Dude seriously.

Will the measuring stick comment be next?

The man said I can't stand on two feet or some other elementary nonsense.

I want to make sure he knows I did it ma !

As far as the measuring stick goes. Believe me sweetie, I got enough to feed the needy.

Anyways. Let's move past all this nonsense.

Whose the new qb coach ? Who has he worked with? It's time for some serious work.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

That the Broncos wanted a guy a year ago at a moment when Denver had one QB on the roster and a different head coach ... very very clearly does not prove that the same team wants the same guy later with a different head coach and two very young promising QBs already on the roster. Especially at a time when they would have to pay about eight or ten times more than they were looking at back then.

When the rumor circulated that Elway had called last year in April, Denver had one QB on the roster, Siemian, who at the time had thrown zero NFL passes. Further, Tyrod had not yet signed his very expensive August 2016 contract extension and so was available for another year for a million or two.

And that doesn't even mention Tyrod's regression this last year.

There's no proof, but it's very likely that Denver indeed did not want Tyrod this off season. That train left the station when they drafted Lynch and Siemian played OK. There's been no mention of it this year and in fact sources said specifically that the Broncos were not one of the teams interested in Tyrod this year, those three being the Browns, 49ers and Jets.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/02/nfl-news-three-teams-tyrod-taylor-denver-broncos-not-among-them/

So yeah, I guess we can indeed make stuff up to fit agendas.

I used to wanna date this girl a while back. These days looking at her, I can't imagine what I was thinking. Things change. Assuming for no reason and with no evidence that they haven't is imprecise thinking.

Oh, and as for the Broncos fans, there was a recent poll as to who should be the Broncos QB this year here, on a site with a ton of Broncos-related polls:

https://apester.com/channels/5793d9cf58871208530731eb?src=channel

There were 23,000 voters. Two percent said Tyrod. Two percent! You can probably find two percent of Bills fans who still want Manuel

Still the fact remains that Denver went after Tyrod at 2 different times (FA period 2015 and draft 2016). It shows me that a quality organization like Denver believed in Tyrod as a QB. So did another quality run organization, Baltimore. They drafted and groomed Tyrod for 4 years. I believe Tyrod had 3 different OC's in his 4 years in Baltimore and all of them spoke highly of Tyrod as a quarterback. The last OC (Kubiak/Dennison) were likely the driving factor for Denver trying to obtain Tyrod's rights.

There were reports and articles linking Tyrod to Denver this year but nothing substantiated. We really don't know if Elway tried pursuing Tyrod for a 3rd time or not. And if he did not, who could blame him. Tyrod took less money to come to the Bills in 2015 and Elway was unable to get a trade done in 2016. Many reasonable people in Elway's spot might think it better to pursue different options rather than potentially strike out a 3rd time on Tyrod.

I am fairly certain that Denver and Elway had reason to believe that Tyrod was going to stay with the Bills once Dennison was named OC. Coaches and personnel guys talk, especially when at gatherings like the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. I believe Kubiak/Dennison pushed hard for Taylor in Denver. Elway knows that Dennison is a big fan of Taylor. So the guy that had been driving the train to get Taylor in Denver, now ends up with Taylor in Buffalo and is suddenly not going to want him anymore. Of course not. And McDermott would have hired Dennison knowing full well what he felt about Tyrod. Long story short, I believe Elway had a pretty good idea that Taylor was going to be staying in Buffalo.

I really don't understand the hate from some posters on Taylor. Judging by the comments on him you would think Taylor's play was comparable to Losman, Edwards or Manuel. Taylor has played in different offenses (Cam Cameron, Jim Caldwell, Gary Kubiak, Roman/Lynn) and been able to pick them up effectively. Each of his OC's have praised Taylor for his performance within their offense. It seems likely to me that Cam Cameron is the coach who sold Rex Ryan on Taylor. Ryan had connections within the Baltimore organization and had wanted to trade for Taylor while with the Jets. Cameron was very high on Taylor from their time in Baltimore and I believe Ryan obtained insider knowledge on Taylor from Cameron.

In sum, we have a bunch of coaches that like Taylor as a quarterback (including our current HC would did a complete evaluation of Taylor). Coaches that have worked with him, see that he is talented and has a great deal of potential. His first 2 years as a starter have proven that he can be a quality starter. And I do not think he was put in the best offensive system. Roman and especially Lynn seemed more interested in utilizing Taylor as a running threat rather than focusing more on passing schemes and concepts.

And of course this is not a surprise considering who was our HC (Rex Ryan). There is a youtube video with Ryan while he was with the Jets praising Cameron as an offensive coordinator and Ryan says something to the effect that Cam Cameron was a great OC because he did not care about stats but rather winning. That he was not afraid to "take the air out of the ball" and that he had told Joe Flacco numerous times "that if he was not 100% sure he could complete a pass, he should not throw it". And he liked that he would take shots down the field. Does this sound familiar? Could it be possible that Taylor's talents were reigned in by a HC that wanted to play conservatively on offense (ground and pound) so that it would protect his defense? Not turning over the ball and running clock protects a defense and make the defense look better as well as the defensive mind in charge of that defense. Is it possible that Ryan wanted Taylor to play conservatively to help his defense and protect his ego?

I certainly believe that with a change in offensive philosophy, Taylor will have his best season yet and he may even get to passing numbers that will quiet his biggest detractors. Think about some of the games at the end of the season where the Bills decided to open it up in the passing game more than they had. Look at the Jets game at the end of 2015 where Taylor used the middle of the field much more than he had previously. What about the Miami game in week 16 this year where Taylor was passing all over the field and leading our team to almost 600 yards of offense. In both games, the Bills were out of playoff contention but playing teams that needed to win. In those games, it seems like Ryan allowed the offense to open up more because it did not effect our playoff chances. Those 2 late season performances are more of what I would expect from Taylor in 2017 (and it is no coincidence that Sammy appeared to be fairly healthy in those 2 games).

Edited by racketmaster

Still a lot of words but maybe this will be more interesting as they are some comments on Taylor from his past coaches and teammates

Cam Cameron on Tyrod Taylor in August 2011: “This kid is special,” Cameron said after Tuesday’s practice.

“You saw the practice. We have got a heck of a young quarterback,” Cameron said. “It is asking a lot out of him, but right now we’re getting him ready to play.” “We have us a good, young quarterback and I won’t back up on that,” he said. “I just have so much confidence in the people we draft and [the scouting department has] done it again. They have found another extremely bright, talented, young quarterback.”

Jim Caldwell on Taylor from November 2013: "He's a guy that can certainly throw the ball," offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell said. "He's a quarterback that's a good field general, a quarterback that can move the ball down the field. I think as time goes on, he just keeps developing and getting better with the limited amount of snaps that he gets in terms of games. But [we] can see the growth and development."

Gary Kubiak on Taylor form August 2014: “I’ve been very impressed,” Kubiak said.“Ty really bought into what we’re doing; he’s working extremely hard. The thing I love about Ty, I know his goal is to be a starter in this league and that’s what you want as a coach. So he’s very competitive, pushes Joe every day, doing a great job.”

Taylor on the fit in Kubiak's offense: Kubiak’s offense puts Taylor more on the move with bootlegs and other play-action plays.

Taylor is good at throwing on the move and has plenty of arm strength to do so, another thing Kubiak said he was impressed by. Moving outside also allows him more room to possibly take off running himself. Taylor has 23 career rushing attempts for 139 yards, an average of six yards per carry. “It definitely benefits my game,” Taylor said of the new offensive system. “It does things that I like to do, as far as getting on the move and keeping the defense unbalanced. You keep them on their toes.”

Some comments from Baltimore teammates:

"Whenever that boy gets a chance," said wide receiver Tandon Doss, shaking his head, "he is going to be a monster. His play-making ability is incredible. I've never seen somebody so athletic play football. He's a freak. He's got it. He's something special, I'm telling you."

"Tyrod is a great player, and if that was to happen, I think everybody should feel very confident about his abilities to go in there, run the offense and get the job done," Flacco said.

"Honestly, he reminds me of [seattle Seahawks quarterback] Russell Wilson," inside linebacker Josh Bynes said. "He's that kind of guy that people probably looked over him because he was short and this and that. They're very similar. They're both elusive. And they can launch the ball down the field. It's a tough task going against him every day in practice."

There are many more comments out there giving high praise to Taylor from his days in Baltimore to his time here in Buffalo. Just seems like coaches and teammates like Taylor a lot more than fans and media in Buffalo. I'll side with coaches and teammates on this one.

Still a lot of words but maybe this will be more interesting as they are some comments on Taylor from his past coaches and teammates

Cam Cameron on Tyrod Taylor in August 2011: “This kid is special,” Cameron said after Tuesday’s practice.

“You saw the practice. We have got a heck of a young quarterback,” Cameron said. “It is asking a lot out of him, but right now we’re getting him ready to play.” “We have us a good, young quarterback and I won’t back up on that,” he said. “I just have so much confidence in the people we draft and [the scouting department has] done it again. They have found another extremely bright, talented, young quarterback.”

Jim Caldwell on Taylor from November 2013: "He's a guy that can certainly throw the ball," offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell said. "He's a quarterback that's a good field general, a quarterback that can move the ball down the field. I think as time goes on, he just keeps developing and getting better with the limited amount of snaps that he gets in terms of games. But [we] can see the growth and development."

Gary Kubiak on Taylor form August 2014: “I’ve been very impressed,” Kubiak said.“Ty really bought into what we’re doing; he’s working extremely hard. The thing I love about Ty, I know his goal is to be a starter in this league and that’s what you want as a coach. So he’s very competitive, pushes Joe every day, doing a great job.”

Taylor on the fit in Kubiak's offense: Kubiak’s offense puts Taylor more on the move with bootlegs and other play-action plays.

Taylor is good at throwing on the move and has plenty of arm strength to do so, another thing Kubiak said he was impressed by. Moving outside also allows him more room to possibly take off running himself. Taylor has 23 career rushing attempts for 139 yards, an average of six yards per carry. “It definitely benefits my game,” Taylor said of the new offensive system. “It does things that I like to do, as far as getting on the move and keeping the defense unbalanced. You keep them on their toes.”

Some comments from Baltimore teammates:

"Whenever that boy gets a chance," said wide receiver Tandon Doss, shaking his head, "he is going to be a monster. His play-making ability is incredible. I've never seen somebody so athletic play football. He's a freak. He's got it. He's something special, I'm telling you."

"Tyrod is a great player, and if that was to happen, I think everybody should feel very confident about his abilities to go in there, run the offense and get the job done," Flacco said.

"Honestly, he reminds me of [seattle Seahawks quarterback] Russell Wilson," inside linebacker Josh Bynes said. "He's that kind of guy that people probably looked over him because he was short and this and that. They're very similar. They're both elusive. And they can launch the ball down the field. It's a tough task going against him every day in practice."

There are many more comments out there giving high praise to Taylor from his days in Baltimore to his time here in Buffalo. Just seems like coaches and teammates like Taylor a lot more than fans and media in Buffalo. I'll side with coaches and teammates on this one.

Those folks in Baltimore sure do love Tyrod.

Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams explained after the game what Baltimore wanted to do against the former member of their team.

“The game plan was to make him a quarterback,” Williams said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. “Sometimes he got out of there, but not too many times.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/11/ravens-game-plan-for-tyrod-taylor-make-him-a-quarterback/

13-7

Edited by FireChan

Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams explained after the game what Baltimore wanted to do against the former member of their team.

The game plan was to make him a quarterback, Williams said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. Sometimes he got out of there, but not too many times.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/11/ravens-game-plan-for-tyrod-taylor-make-him-a-quarterback/

13-7

I guarantee you every team we played had the same plan. That line sounds good after the Baltimore game because we looked awful. You won't hear any Dolphins or Seahawks players come out and say that was the game plan because he sure looked like a QB in those games.

The issue with Tyrod isn't that he can't play like a QB, it's that he's inconsistent. The question moving forward isn't whether or not he can develop new skills, but whether he can more consistently deliver with the skills that he does have. There are many many many QBs in the NFL that could NEVER look as good against Seattle as Tyrod did. Focusing on just the Baltimore game is disingenuous, or any one game for that matter. It is more than reasonable to believe that Tyrod could play more like he did in his good games as he gains more experience. Or who knows, maybe he goes the way of Matt Schaub and regresses horribly. I don't see anyone saying for sure except a few people on your side. I just look at the games as they are, see that Tyrod had some very very good games, and think that if he develops more consistency we could have something special on our hands.

“The game plan was to make him a quarterback,” Williams said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. “Sometimes he got out of there, but not too many times.”

13-7

There is no argument that the Baltimore game was a disappointment. But it is also just one game and the only one that I can think of in Tyrod's 29 starts that he was almost completely shut down. I think there were a few factors that lead to this:

1. Limited reps in preseason for starting unit. Sammy barely played and very limited time for the starters for fear of injuries. Team seemed to come out a little rusty.

2. Taylor looked to be pressing. This happens sometimes. A player can be so hyped up to play a former team that he just does not relax and let the game come to him. Having Baltimore week 1 gave Taylor all offseason to think about this game and he just did not seem to be his normal self in this game. I attribute it to him pressing.

3. Baltimore knows Taylor and it is not uncommon for this to happen with other players and quarterbacks around the league. Every player has weaknesses and Baltimore tried to force Taylor to stay in the pocket. Again, Taylor tried to force the issue to much by attempting to get out of the pocket when it was not there to do so.

This was just one game and if this was some master plan to stop Tyrod, then other teams would have copied it. No other team has been able to hold Taylor and the offense to 7 points or less. It was a bad performance but not a pattern of play for Taylor.

I guarantee you every team we played had the same plan. That line sounds good after the Baltimore game because we looked awful. You won't hear any Dolphins or Seahawks players come out and say that was the game plan because he sure looked like a QB in those games.

The issue with Tyrod isn't that he can't play like a QB, it's that he's inconsistent. The question moving forward isn't whether or not he can develop new skills, but whether he can more consistently deliver with the skills that he does have. There are many many many QBs in the NFL that could NEVER look as good against Seattle as Tyrod did. Focusing on just the Baltimore game is disingenuous, or any one game for that matter. It is more than reasonable to believe that Tyrod could play more like he did in his good games as he gains more experience. Or who knows, maybe he goes the way of Matt Schaub and regresses horribly. I don't see anyone saying for sure except a few people on your side. I just look at the games as they are, see that Tyrod had some very very good games, and think that if he develops more consistency we could have something special on our hands.

Miami pantsed him in the 1st game.