Find me a #2 Reciever after Round 2 In draft

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen was coming off an injury or I think he would've run better. Like I said, I think he makes it to the third and I'd definitely take him if he was available. Just my opinion obviously.

Edited by DallasMac

Not many are talking about him but Josh Malone of Tennessee flashed games where he just looked uncoverable, I'm not a fan of the Vols QB Josh Dobbs, I think Malone and others bailed him out a lot making spectacular catches and big plays. Not sure which round hes projected to go in but he's a 6'3" matchup nightmare who just ran 4.40 40-time at the combine also.

I think there's a chance Smith-Schuster falls to our 3rd pick.

And didn't Kupp run like a 4.6? Smells like 3rd round to me.

Kupp’s appeal and strength was never as a burner. He is a precise route runner, with decent size, football smarts and great hands. He won’t outrun them in space, he uses movement and misdirection, coordination and speed/direction changes to get separation, not blinding speed. A middle of the field, slot guy who will fight for yards after the catch in traffic. A perfect complement to Watkins. But don’t expect him to be there beyond the mid 2nd round. Not sure he would be a #2, but would be a perfect #3 WR.

“Crafty route runner, setting up defenders and using hesitation to create spacing. Clearly leans on his technique and trusts it. Sticky hands with the natural coordination to pluck the ball. Excellent awareness at the catch point and doesn't need to gear down to assess his surroundings after the catch. At his best on in-cutting and post routes to manipulate space in the middle of the field. Not shy about using his abusive stiff arm to pick up extra yards, refusing to concede as a ballcarrier….. Marginal long-speed and lacks explosive twitch in his patterns. Relies more on timing/nuance than burst to create separation mid-route.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2006951/cooper-kupp

Kupps appeal and strength was never as a burner. He is a precise route runner, with decent size, football smarts and great hands. He wont outrun them in space, he uses movement and misdirection, coordination and speed/direction changes to get separation, not blinding speed. A middle of the field, slot guy who will fight for yards after the catch in traffic. A perfect complement to Watkins. But dont expect him to be there beyond the mid 2nd round. Not sure he would be a #2, but would be a perfect #3 WR.

Crafty route runner, setting up defenders and using hesitation to create spacing. Clearly leans on his technique and trusts it. Sticky hands with the natural coordination to pluck the ball. Excellent awareness at the catch point and doesn't need to gear down to assess his surroundings after the catch. At his best on in-cutting and post routes to manipulate space in the middle of the field. Not shy about using his abusive stiff arm to pick up extra yards, refusing to concede as a ballcarrier.. Marginal long-speed and lacks explosive twitch in his patterns. Relies more on timing/nuance than burst to create separation mid-route.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2006951/cooper-kupp

This makes him sound like Robert Woods. Is that a fair comparison, or am I off?

Don't know anything other than what I've read about this guy so I'll turn this over to someone with firsthand knowledge:

Chad Hansen (Cal.)--seems like he's got a back story--transfer to Cal from Idaho State.

According to PFF he's a work in progress, who they have as the 97th overall player, so he might be around in the 3rd--he is a physical deep threat who can go up and get the ball (had a bunch of deep ball receptions--Tyrod can throw a deep ball!). They compare him to Demaryius Thomas (pretty bold) and he could be the "high pointing" WR that Buddy Nix could never find us .

Here's PFF's take: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-chad-hansen-wr-california/

NFL.com has him rated there with Godwin, Kupp, Zay Jones--2nd or 3rd round:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/chad-hansen?id=2558069