Bills Likely Pick- Wide Receiver at #10 and Beyond

• The strength of the class is in the secondary and at running back.

So it’s interesting that it might not even be this class’ strongest group. At safety, Ohio State’s Malik Hooker and LSU’s Jamal Adams are both top-10 prospects. As many as five corners (Marshon Lattimore, Quincy Wilson, Teez Tabor, Marlon Humphrey, Sidney Jones) have a shot at going in the top 20. And at both secondardy positions there are other players who have a fighting chance at getting into the first round. If you need a top-shelf defensive back, you can find one in April.

• There are numbers at receiver and tight end. Alabama tight end O.J. Howard and Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams both have a chance to be picked in the top half of the first round. One factor that could hold each of them back—the strong numbers at their positions, which might just prompt teams to wait to fill needs at those spots.

At tight end, there is the raw freak athlete (David Njoku), more traditional tight ends (Jake Butt), and move-type H-backs (Jordan Leggett, Evan Engram). At receiver, there are polished prospects (Corey Davis) and game-breakers (John Ross). And the supply at both positions should run into the third and fourth rounds.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on this team. Ideally a #3,but I'd think at 6.5 million,he's gonna be #2 or hopefully #3. But he's not riding the pine at that price!

For perspective that slots out to about 70th highest paid WR -- so, not #2 money. We need that guy. If Sammy goes down we are in bad shape fast.

We need another instant contributor in the secondary but I think the way the boards fall puts WR at 10.

Edited by NoSaint

There are 4 or more receivers in this draft that are better players than Peppers. He might be an option in the 2nd if they go WR at 10. I would be stunned if Peppers went in the top 10.

I think they can get a good WR in 2nd round.

Don't see why we would need 2 top 10 draft picks spent on WRs who won't see many targets. Any way you slice it, I don't see how this is a pass oriented offense for at least 2 years. You would have the clock ticking on 2 cheap contracts while getting little production. Also, I am not in the camp that thinks Watkins is fragile and injury prone so that is also affecting my thoughts here.

I see us going safety at #1. We have nothing left at that position

Hyde and Poyer are the starting safeties at this point. We really have 2 CBs. If hooker and Adams are gone and there's a good chance they will be, I can't see us going Peppers at 10. That would be unwise. Maybe if we trade down and get Peppers and move Hyde to CB but Hyde is listed as a safety. Seems like they signed him to play safety and move him around some

I think they can get a good WR in 2nd round.

Don't see why we would need 2 top 10 draft picks spent on WRs who won't see many targets. Any way you slice it, I don't see how this is a pass oriented offense for at least 2 years. You would have the clock ticking on 2 cheap contracts while getting little production. Also, I am not in the camp that thinks Watkins is fragile and injury prone so that is also affecting my thoughts here.

Round 2 is certainly an option for WR. The point I was making as that it is different than last year in that we need a #2 receiver not a warm body. While a guy from the mid to late rounds MAY develop into that you will have to invest a high pick because you don't have a guy on the roster to fill that role. You have guys to fill every other hole (even if they aren't ideal). Seymour can play the corner, Poyer S and Lorax at WLB. I think that you will see them try to upgrade all of those spots in the draft too but they don't have someone penciled into the #2 WR role. They have some depth guys now in Brown, Butler, Listenbee and Holmes.

Another duplicate thread, holy Jesus H. This board is sinking like a stone people....This is EXACTLY why that other board was trash. Can we please not turn this one into a thousand topics around the same subject and people apologizing for God knows what.....ugh

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192762-seems-wr-at-10-for-sure/

this thread was started by a member since 2009...what's it got to do with the BBMB?

I think it's definitely a possibility, but the bottom line is they'll set up their board, see who. Gets plucked in the first 9, and at 10 they'll evaluate whether it's WR, CB, S as they are in need in each area, and see who is the best at the position. It would be foolish to force a WR if there is a better CB or S available.

...other than Sammy (when healthy) and perhaps Clay (when healthy), the receiving corp is not made up of marquee names.....at the same time (on paper so far), I'd say depth and size are decent......not sure how much more you can invest in the receiving corp with the passing game being as inconsistent as it was......TT's ability to scan the field in time allotted remains a question mark and don't know if Dennison can "re-train his brain".....I'd bet there were several times guys broke off routes or slowed because the likelihood of seeing the ball was somewhere between slim and none...TBD experts who break down game film are the ones who could say whether true or not....bet is to trade down to grab an extra 2nd, think defense late first and possibly QB in the 2nd.....

Another duplicate thread, holy Jesus H. This board is sinking like a stone people....This is EXACTLY why that other board was trash. Can we please not turn this one into a thousand topics around the same subject and people apologizing for God knows what.....ugh

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192762-seems-wr-at-10-for-sure/

didn't see that one. however the premise is backed by some additional info and analysis, namely dennison's last offense in denver, the strength of the draft at other bills need positions and the fact that so far our fa signs have not yielded another legit starting wideout.

a tandem of legit no.1 receivers who can stretch defenses, get separation from defenders and make clutch possession catches will help all aspects of the bills offense.

If you look at where Dennison has been before you will typically not see 2 high-end WRs.

Here is what we know right now:

1. We have a #1 WR locked into a contract for the next 2-3 years

2. We don't have a dynamic passer at QB and would expect to be a run oriented offense for at least the next two years

3. There is no elite WR talent in this draft

4. There will be elite defensive talent available at 10.

I think all of this points to the fact that WR at 10 will not be the choice. The types of players that the Bills have targeted on defense in FA tells me that Jabrill Peppers is someone who could be a fit.

Where do you get there is no elite wr talent int he draft?

Holmes will be the #2 and will excel. I'm predicting 65 catches, 850 yards and 5 TDs atleast.

Kolby Listenbee will be heard from this spring, people have forgotten he was one of the fastest WRs at the combine with a double sports hernia, since repaired.

...REALLY hope this kid is healed from DUAL surgeries.....was on PUP and slated to return only to have a 2nd surgery......would be nice if he was this club's next "Meatball find", that gem from the 5th.....