Geno Smith signs with Giants

As backup or future replacement for Eli?

I hear Cowboys and Eagles fans popping champagne. I've had respect for personnel moves of Giants for a while. But this, even as a reclamation project, shows poor judgement. Too many things to fix with this kid. He's too broken. And to have him do it in the same market he failed in. Just keeps the baggage on him that he needed to leave behind.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno is a bad QB too, but who did the Giants have really? Do they still have Nassib? What is strange to me is Geno had the chance to go to Cleveland and be the possible starter. What does that say about him choosing a backup gig?

As backup or future replacement for Eli?

I hear Cowboys and Eagles fans popping champagne. I've had respect for personnel moves of Giants for a while. But this, even as a reclamation project, shows poor judgement. Too many things to fix with this kid. He's too broken. And to have him do it in the same market he failed in. Just keeps the baggage on him that he needed to leave behind.

...as a funny footnote CF......Genome was actually OBD's top choice in 2013 until they flew down to interview and work him out.....consensus on plane ride home was, "uh no thanks" and EJ was the pick....we know the rest....thinkin' maybe the Jints got their modern day Joe Pisarcik..... :thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Have not seen any numbers yet.

Not sure how bad it really is.

Eli might be able to coach him up and Geno could teach him about selfies ?

I don't know what they're going to do with him. I'm sure there's a lot of Jet fans and Giant fans who are scratching their heads. Giants had better hope that Eli keeps his games played streak alive for the whole length of Geno's contract.

I don't know what they're going to do with him. I'm sure there's a lot of Jet fans and Giant fans who are scratching their heads. Giants had better hope that Eli keeps his games played streak alive for the whole length of Geno's contract.

ELI is 36 isn't he?

Giants are likely late ish grooming a successor to plug in.

Perhaps Geno will grow into a "bridge " QB , if Eli goes down for any length of time

...better hope Eli is riding on "run flats" because with Genome at the helm.....uh....get your popcorn ready for an interesting NFCE......stay tuned.....

Geno is a bad QB too, but who did the Giants have really? Do they still have Nassib? What is strange to me is Geno had the chance to go to Cleveland and be the possible starter. What does that say about him choosing a backup gig?

that HR isn't stupid and knows it's better to be a backup anywhere then another name in the long list of garbage the Browns have trotted out to start for them

....neither do they....you're not alone............

ELI is 36 isn't he?

Giants are likely late ish grooming a successor to plug in.

Perhaps Geno will grow into a "bridge " QB , if Eli goes down for any length of time

yeah Giants are unofficially on the process of searching for a replacement for Eli and they have to start now - look at Pats. They've been drafting QBs every other year for sometime now. Giants obviously think Geno's a viable project.

yeah Giants are unofficially on the process of searching for a replacement for Eli and they have to start now - look at Pats. They've been drafting QBs every other year for sometime now. Giants obviously think Geno's a viable project.

Well he at least he still has some upside. I mean he played for the Jest. Where ya goin there?