EJ Manuel signing with Raiders.

PIZ

I wonder if TT came to the bills right out of college . In the same situation as EJ with no QB coach and no veteran QB to talk to. And EJ got drafted by the Ravens and got to sit a couple years behind Flacco and learn from Kubiak. I wonder if TT would still be in the nfl right know. McCoy wasn't here EJ first two years. TT might had to throw the ball more.

It has been proven that you either have it or you don't in the QB business. EJ never had it and no matter how late it he sat he never will.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if TT came to the bills right out of college . In the same situation as EJ with no QB coach and no veteran QB to talk to. And EJ got drafted by the Ravens and got to sit a couple years behind Flacco and learn from Kubiak. I wonder if TT would still be in the nfl right know. McCoy wasn't here EJ first two years. TT might had to throw the ball more.

EJ Manuel had an incredible advantage of 5 years at Florida State in a pro style offense, getting a ton of starts under one of the best offensive staffs in the country and entering the NFL at a fully mature 23 years old. If he still, 4 years later can't complete basic passes regularly, blows basic fundamentals like setting his feet when he throws, and locks onto WR's like Maverick from Top Gun then I don't think it was ever meant to be. Hell even Jimbo Fisher knew it when he admitted they had to scale stuff back for EJ, but could go full bore with Winston.

Sorry I don't buy that EJ was a good QB railroaded by bad coaching and circumstance. He just never was good enough to begin with and a major whiff by Nix and Whaley.

EJ Manuel had an incredible advantage of 5 years at Florida State in a pro style offense, getting a ton of starts under one of the best offensive staffs in the country and entering the NFL at a fully mature 23 years old. If he still, 4 years later can't complete basic passes regularly, blows basic fundamentals like setting his feet when he throws, and locks onto WR's like Maverick from Top Gun then I don't think it was ever meant to be. Hell even Jimbo Fisher knew it when he admitted they had to scale stuff back for EJ, but could go full bore with Winston.

Sorry I don't buy that EJ was a good QB railroaded by bad coaching and circumstance. He just never was good enough to begin with and a major whiff by Nix and Whaley.

Yes, and this should have been obvious to anyone who watched the game against Florida EJ's senior year. Against the best defense he faced all year, he was virtually incapable of completing a forward pass despite all of FSU's talent on offense.

Edited by mannc

You truly are the QB apologist =) Didn't you make the case that Losman was mishandled as well ?

Eons from now, when there is no longer an Internet and humankind has progressed to the point where part of the temporal lobe evolves into its own electronic communications system allowing direct brain to brain sharing of information in a fraction of a blink of an eye - ideas that are now shared by such a crude system of typing words into a computer that then uses trillions of electrons to crudely transmit knowledge that we now use - in those eons to come someone will seamlessly and subconsciously transmit the following information:

Can you believe the Bills drafted EJ Manuel?

First comment on PFT dead-on...cannot wait for "We should sign EJ threads" in September when Raiders cut him at the end of camp...

1. therealraider says:Mar 20, 2017 2:42 PM

After back to back statistically horrible games, Connor Cook needs a boost of confidence, somebody he can easily beat out for the back up QB job.

I wonder if Andre Ware came to the 49ers in 1990 and was given the starting job over Joe Montana and Steve Young. I wonder if he wouldn't have flamed out of the NFL after 4 years.

Youse guys are funny. Taylor completed 12 of 18 throws for 166 yards and ran for 38 yards, 5 sacks and 1 TD pass to Justin Hunter at the end when trailing 21-20. + Shady run in for the 2 point conversion.

Funny how people forget the rushing TD by Shady to end the half to make the score 7-6 and the 75 yard rushing TD by Shady to open the 2nd half to make the score 7-14.

In all honesty the team won the game.

Turnovers kill, and TT is excellent and not giving the ball up to the other team. That is a huge strength and he extends drives and score touchdowns with his legs. He needs work finding open receivers and reading defenses, no doubt but EJ doesn't even come close to being as good as TT.

Hey EJ wait a second!!!! Wait wait wait!!! You forgot Doug Whaley, please take him with you.

Ya I was about to say. Whaley is the bad guy here...reaching in the first

round for him while everyone else had him as a possible third rounder.

Yes, and this should have been obvious to anyone who watched the game against Florida EJ's senior year. Against the best defense he faced all year, he was virtually incapable of completing a forward pass despite all of FSU's talent on offense.

.....the OBD QB talent evaluators of the 2013 class actually had Genome as their #1 choice until they flew down to interview and work him out...consensus on the plane ride home was, "um no thanks".....so the choice of EJ was the "lesser of two evils by default" and the dividends were......you know the rest..............