Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to believe the player over a hack like rod-ent, but if the NFLPA came out and said it was a done deal and their error ends up costing us the player, they should make it up to us with an extra 1st round draft pick :thumbsup:

the NFLPA is blaming the media. They appear to have made an error in how they filed the offer as a signing, but per Sal, they said no one is supposed to have access to the info. Therefore it should never have been reported. Edited by YoloinOhio

So what happened here? So I don't have to read through?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkfocal is rodak. It must have autocorreced for Ryan. But rodak is actually fecal.

Nonetheless, rodak got wind of an nflpa announcement saying he signed with us because the bills offered him. He tweeted that Holmes signed. Holmes said no. Bills said no. Rodak said yes again. NFLPA comes out and says they dun goofed. They accidentally sent out his bills offer to the league

Lol wow. Thank you for the recap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the NFL is blaming the media. They appear to have made an error in how they filed the offer as a signing, but per Sal, they said no one is supposed to have access to the info. Therefore it should never have been reported.

We should be distinguishing between NFL & NFLPA. Looks like a mess up at NFLPA, not the league.

Why? I'm curious.

Because he is vermin - Pats* fan paid to do Bills coverage because someone else has Pats* ball licking job first.

Every contract offer seems to go through the players union. They logged it as a completed transaction mistakenly and leaked the Bills structure to 31 other teams.

Bills ought to get comp picks!

the NFLPA is blaming the media. They appear to have made an error in how they filed the offer as a signing, but per Sal, they said no one is supposed to have access to the info. Therefore it should never have been reported.

Those damn Russians.

@draftdiamonds

@SalSports the funny thing is today the NFLPA sent out information to agents telling them if they give out info they can be suspended

@salsports

Yep. This happened today. I can confirm.

YOLO:

Thanks for the input. Maybe I'm the clueless one.

It just seems weird to me that if the agent's job is to get the best deal he can for the player he represents, the agent has to keep any offer received from team "A" a secret from other teams who might want to bid for the player's services.

I wonder if the agent is free to disclose team "A'"s offer to the other 31 teams, but isn't supposed to disclose info about that offer to the media. Maybe NFL teams don't want to have to deal with the extra public relations issues that arise when their fans learn of unaccepted offers (as this thread somewhat demonstrates)?

It could be as simple as NFL teams wanting to control the timing and manner in which they announce player contracts so that teams aren't blind-sided by media questions from reporters who got the inside scoop before it was publicly announced. That type of limited restriction on disclosure would still allow the agent to disclose Team "A'"s pending but unaccepted offer to the other 31 teams, but give teams control over how contracts that actually get signed are publicly announced.

In any event, I'm curious about what the disclosure restrictions on agents about player offers/contracts really are, so if I have time I'll do a little digging and post back in this thread if I find anything.

But right now, March Madness calls.