Direct TV/Amazon/NFL Sunday Ticket Scam

I call every 6 motnhs and get my bill cut in half without fail. takes about 10 minutes start to finish. Dont whine and complain, just say I want to speak with customer retention - the most I have paid for the ticket is $140 for the year. I feel bad for the guys who are paying full price.

Yep. People don't realize they can do this. I get the ticket free every year. All I do is call and ask. I will say their customer service has declined a bit since they partnered with AT&T, but for the most part I've been very pleased with directv compared to time Warner, or spectrum, whatever they're called these days

Thanks for all the comments about DTV. I've been thinking about switching from cable to DTV, primarily for the football package and because Comcast has become ridiculously pricey. But this gives me pause. Does DTV also have a hockey package?

Yes, also MLB and NBA

https://www.directv.com/sports/NHL?lpos=Header:3

Edited by nucci

I pay about $42 a year for NFL Sunday Ticket streaming, which I use apple tv and send the broadcast from computer to big screen. I know a guy who knowwwwws a guy

Edited by Plano

I've been a DTV customer since '95 -along with various cable services. I have absolutely nothing good to say about their programming, pricing, service nor sustainability in bad weather. I ONLY have it for Sunday Ticket to watch my Bills every week. Given that they haven't had a post-season since the 3rd year I got the pkg, cue DC Tom - I'm an idiot.

Thanks for the heads up, JJ!

Couldn't agree more. Hate everything about them yet it's the only way to see the Bills. If you prepay in February for the upcoming season you pay 24.99 x 8 payments. You basically have to go through this ridiculous yearly ritual of threatening to cancel to get any reductions. We're all slaves to DTV...

Couldn't agree more. Hate everything about them yet it's the only way to see the Bills. If you prepay in February for the upcoming season you pay 24.99 x 8 payments. You basically have to go through this ridiculous yearly ritual of threatening to cancel to get any reductions. We're all slaves to DTV...

I never threaten to cancel. I ask them if they can lower my bill.

Not a big hassle actually, but be prepared for a barrage of please come-back calls.

Actually I'm done with them. We are mostly mostly cord-cutting. I say mostly because I get my Internet from Comcast and they offered me a bundle deal I couldn't refuse: basic cable package plus HBO for a nickel more than I was paying for just Internet.

Then I signed up for DirecTV Now, their online streaming package with 60 channels for $35/mo. (includes local NBC channel but not others.) It comes with a free Amazon Fire Stick that I've really grown to like.

So I'm swapping $35/mo. for a $121/mo. bill from DirecTV. The only downside is learning to navigate all the remotes and stuff.

figred a fire stick would be part of how one cuts the cord.

Yep. People don't realize they can do this. I get the ticket free every year. All I do is call and ask. I will say their customer service has declined a bit since they partnered with AT&T, but for the most part I've been very pleased with directv compared to time Warner, or spectrum, whatever they're called these days

agree old DTV retention folks were great to talk to and BS with as I called for yearly discounts. Att reps claim they are in the US but at times seems like offshore and takes a while to get to someone WHo is really willing to help

Not a big hassle actually, but be prepared for a barrage of please come-back calls.

Actually I'm done with them. We are mostly mostly cord-cutting. I say mostly because I get my Internet from Comcast and they offered me a bundle deal I couldn't refuse: basic cable package plus HBO for a nickel more than I was paying for just Internet.

Then I signed up for DirecTV Now, their online streaming package with 60 channels for $35/mo. (includes local NBC channel but not others.) It comes with a free Amazon Fire Stick that I've really grown to like.

So I'm swapping $35/mo. for a $121/mo. bill from DirecTV. The only downside is learning to navigate all the remotes and stuff.

You'll like that firestick a whole lot more if you unlock it and install the Kodi program. Look into it. Takes about 15 minutes to do (follow you tube video instructions) and you'll get all movies and tv series in HD for free. Perfectly legal as long as you don't sell or redistribute. Amazon sells them unlocked but you can do it yourself using just your remote and a little patience.

I love how people brag about scamming DTV out of the ticket but complain endlessly when someone takes Peg's money.

Ok here we go. I have explained this many times to BBMB members so I will give it a go here also. These BBMB users start this by saying "why do you care how much(insert player name here) makes? It's not your money"

NOBODY cares how much of Pegs money goes to players. NOBOBY cares how much a player makes.

All we care about is how much cap space the player takes up. All we care about his how mistaken allocation of salary cap space prevents the team from getting better by reducing its ability to sign more and better players. Think of a team full of Aaron Maybins preventing signings of actual players who can play.

a exaggerated example is Browns this yr. They amassed so much extra cap space they did an NBA style trade for Brock from Texans and gained valuable draft picks in the process.

You'll like that firestick a whole lot more if you unlock it and install the Kodi program. Look into it. Takes about 15 minutes to do (follow you tube video instructions) and you'll get all movies and tv series in HD for free. Perfectly legal as long as you don't sell or redistribute. Amazon sells them unlocked but you can do it yourself using just your remote and a little patience.

Not entirely sure how you jailbreak a Fire stick when it's plugged into your TV and not a computer. How are you supposed to give commands and download stuff? But I will look into this. My one beef is no NHL.tv or Xfinity Go TV app on Fire Stick. Would this allow me to get that? Also, how do you use a VPN when you are on your TV?

Thanks for all the comments about DTV. I've been thinking about switching from cable to DTV, primarily for the football package and because Comcast has become ridiculously pricey. But this gives me pause. Does DTV also have a hockey package?

Yes Directv does have NHL Center Ice but I've never been able to get any type of price reduction on the NHL Center Ice package. Best I've been able to do is get a couple months of free Showtime.

Edited by Carey Bender

I made my husband read this Its not fair the most loyal viewers have to pay top price **** That