Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

Yea he only beat Alabama as a junior then went 26 of 40 for 421 yards 3 TD's and 0 ints in a 48-43 loss this season. He totally sucks.

In seriousness, that Ole Miss team was not very good this year. The offensive line was terrible. Don't believe me, go watch the 2nd half of the season opener against Florida State and tell me on averge how much time Kelly had to throw.

You sound like a guy who doesn't actually watch college football but loves to throw random stats out. Also since when has where a team finishes in correlation with pre-season poll have anything to do with evaluating the starting QB. Just ridiculous.

Also 4 of the 5 teams he lost to finished, 2, 8, 13 and 24 in the final rankings.

You are correct. I don't watch a lot of college football. But I did make a point to watch Chad's games and he has a great arm, he's a gamer, but he also makes stupid mistakes. It's only going to be tougher in the NFL. If the guy tore up college I'd understand the devotion to him, but he didn't do all that much, if you ask me.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already injured....check

questionable character....check

significant suspension potential....check

yup, he's the perfect Bills pick.

You typed what most people are thinking. And you were very tactful about it. Cheers! :beer:

It's absolutely is, he had no business being on that field and everyone knows that. It's not like his brother was being jumped in an ally. A football play got out of control aND there were plenty of people there who are in place to get it under control.

What's going to happen if Chad gets jacked up, as fans should we storm the field to protect him? Come on. Stop wirh the protecting his brother narrative. If anything the people that had to restrain him weren't able to address the actual incident on the field.

As far as smoking or not smoking the substance. That's not the issue. The issue is consistently putting your self in bad situations without regard for ramifications.

As far as the time between incidents... really six months is all you need?

Cause it took two years between the getting kicked off Clemson and the whole bar fight where he went after his arresting officer... ya know after saying he was going to get an AK and spray the place.

I'd say the bar fight is concerning. But that was almost 2-1/2 years ago. Kelly going to help his brother bothers me less than Shady punching the cop to help his friend, and the "pot" picture means little in and of itself. There's only so much you can control.

I'd say the bar fight is concerning. But that was almost 2-1/2 years ago. Kelly going to help his brother bothers me less than Shady punching the cop to help his friend, and the "pot" picture means little in and of itself. There's only so much you can control.

Shady was defending himself against some drunk power hungry pigs.

Shady was defending himself against some drunk power hungry pigs.

True. But he actually threw a punch which may or may not have landed. Kelly didn't throw any punches on that football field.

True. But he actually threw a punch which may or may not have landed. Kelly didn't throw any punches on that football field.

Kelly did land punches on an officer as well in that bar altercation. The kid had a variety of charges against, bUT pleaded down.

Fact of the matter is, yes, the kid has talent, but there are enough league execs who have cautioned about Chad's lack of maturity.

You can spin the off field incidents anyway you want, convince your self of whatever you want.

If the kid gets drafted highly and goes on to be a success than I'll eat crow. Until then, as I said, there are enough people in th NFL whose opinions on the kid matter far more than ours who don't trust his maturity.

All this talk of Shady and Chad and fights kind of underscores who I think we will pick at #10. I think it will be a leader type of guy without any off field concerns. Adams, Watson, Mahomes, Howard…to name a few possibilities. I think the new coach is serious about changing the culture and it starts with the first pick in this draft.

I don't see what the big deal is here. He had a good college career, i would go so far and say a very good college career. The team surrounding him this year was weak and his stats and their record suffered for it AND he was injured. But, if you subtract the off the field issues he would be a highly rated prospect. I would happily take him with a mid-lower round pick. I get that we have other holes to fill. I have other holes to fill too. I'm not with the people clamoring to keep using first rounders on QB's but when you have a shot at one with a lower round pick it could be worth it. Sure there's risk there but his ceiling his much higher than Cardale's IMO. Grab him, give him time to develop and hopefully he matures and makes something of himself.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Of course the Pro-Kelly guys also seem to have forgotten how brittle this punk is.

He hurt his throwing hand by throwing the football on his pro day. Can you say wuss?

No only is he lacking in grey matter - he is lacking the constitution required to play professional football.

For a wanna be tough guy he sure gets injured often and easily.

Kelly did land punches on an officer as well in that bar altercation. The kid had a variety of charges against, bUT pleaded down.

Fact of the matter is, yes, the kid has talent, but there are enough league execs who have cautioned about Chad's lack of maturity.

You can spin the off field incidents anyway you want, convince your self of whatever you want.

If the kid gets drafted highly and goes on to be a success than I'll eat crow. Until then, as I said, there are enough people in th NFL whose opinions on the kid matter far more than ours who don't trust his maturity.

Like I said, the (outside the) bar fight is troubling. And no one is advocating taking any higher than the 5th round, since it would be a low risk gamble.

....29 pages of spew because of his last name.....and us low life BBMB infiltrators were frowned upon for useless threads/posts....I'm humbled................

Hey, I miss the chaos of BBMB lol.

I understand every fan base goes through this during the draft process.

I am extremely curious to see how this would have played out if he wasn't related to Jim.

Some will claim they aren't bias, but I find it hard to belive that people aren't giving the name far more recognition that than the actual player.

Hey, I miss the chaos of BBMB lol.

I understand every fan base goes through this during the draft process.

I am extremely curious to see how this would have played out if he wasn't related to Jim.

Some will claim they aren't bias, but I find it hard to belive that people aren't giving the name far more recognition that than the actual player.

....Woodrum is the dark horse....stay tuned...................

Is Kelly getting more threads than he otherwise would have because of his last name? Sure. But if Nathan Peterman can get 4 threads...

....Woodrum is the dark horse....stay tuned...................

Who?

Is Kelly getting more threads than he otherwise would have because of his last name? Sure. But if Nathan Peterman can get 4 threads...

Who?

.....shhhhhhh...our secret weapon.....stay tuned..............

Josh Woodrum (born November 7, 1992) is an American football quarterback for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. He played college football at Liberty and was signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2016. On January 2, 2017, Woodrum signed a reserve/future contract with the Buffalo Bills

A letter from Chad Kelly to Ole Miss fans:

Dear Ole Miss fans,

Ive been introduced to some really great people over the past couple of years. Coaches who made me better. Teammates and friends who gave me constant encouragement. A world-class support staff that helped me with everything from football to schoolwork.

And all of you, the fans. We lived through some incredible moments together.

You were there every time we walked through the Grove before a game. Seeing so many fans surrounding us, and theyre all going crazy, theres no feeling quite like it. Game day in Oxford is church on Saturday. You all packed the stadium every weekend. You were upset the rest of the week if we lost, and happy the rest of the week if we won. Thats what its all about.

You were there when we beat Alabama. We were able to march into Tuscaloosa and put our stamp on who we are. Thats the kind of game you dream about. Ill remember it for the rest of my life.

You were there when we went to the Sugar Bowl for the first time in 45 years. The feeling of all that confetti falling down on us in the Superdome was truly something special. Ill never forget throwing that touchdown lateral to Laremy Tunsil. Some people felt like we had the game in our hands, but we kept fighting and took a 28-point lead going into halftime. Winning that game felt amazing.

Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly runs the ball during last years victory over Georgia. (Josh McCoy/Ole Miss Athletics)

You helped make my two years in Oxford special. The road to Ole Miss wasnt always easy, of course. Nobodys perfect. I know Im not. I cant change the past. Yeah, Ive made some dumb mistakes. But I absolutely mean it when I say Ive learned from them.

In junior college, I kept an article in my room. It was written after Clemson kicked me off the team. I looked at that every single day to remind myself how I got there. To remind myself how every decision you make is going to be put under a microscope.

If I dont grow up now, at 23 years old, Im never going to get it. The time is now, and Im thankful I have an opportunity to show NFL teams who I really am and what I can do.

I want to thank everybody who stuck by me through thick and thin. I also want to thank my family especially my brother, mom and dad for helping me along the way. Its been a blessing to have a little brother who looks up to me in everything I do. Casey and I talk all the time. He really wants to follow in my footsteps, and my uncles footsteps. I want to be a good role model for him and set a great example for him on and off the field. That motivates me every single day.

Sometimes everything doesnt go according to plan. But if Ive learned anything, its that you cant give up. Keep pushing. Thats my mentality, because Ive been working for this my entire life. My dad always told me, If you can throw the ball anywhere on the field, youll be able to play in the NFL. I took that to heart. At 7 years old, I started throwing the ball 30 yards. A year or two later, I could throw it another 10 yards. I kept practicing and practicing until I could throw it 75 yards at age 14. Thats how badly I wanted to become an NFL quarterback.

Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly, right, and former Rebels receiver Laquon Treadwell celebrate their 43-37 win over Alabama at Bryant-Denny Stadium. (Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

I also put a lot of pressure on myself growing up. Having an uncle whos a Hall of Fame quarterback, I always felt like people were watching my every move. So I wanted to show out and prove what I can do. I needed to be great. But Im playing through my name, and nobody elses. My dad preached that, and it stuck with me.

Theres no faking it at quarterback. You have to put in early mornings and late nights. You have to be friends with everybody, whether you like it or not, and you have to prove that youre a hard worker. After all, you want the same thing from your teammates in return. And you have to believe you can accomplish anything. Five months after tearing my ACL, I was back on a football field throwing for NFL scouts at my pro day. When someone says you cant, I like being able to be the first one to say I can.

I believe Im a franchise quarterback because I have all those traits.

Ill be with family and friends in Buffalo when the draft starts. Itll just be another day I get to go home, watch my brother play some lacrosse, watch him do well and then find out where I go. Whatever happens, I wont let it slow me down. My parents always told me that you finish what you start. I started this journey back in seventh grade. You better believe Ill keep going.

To all of the Rebels fans who have cheered for me, Id like to say: Thank you for your dedication. Youve helped make Ole Miss the great university it is today. I was so lucky to be part of such a great team, and such a great conference. Im going to miss it.

Sincerely,

Chad Kelly

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/chad-kelly-letter-ole-miss-football-rebels-nfl-draft