The Return of Winter!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.popsci.com/how-to-not-die-in-blizzard

How NOT to die in a blizzard.

From the article:

Well...not quite all of us. Because inevitably, some people leave their homes. And this is the single biggest mistake you can make during a blizzard. The best way not to die in a snowstorm is to stay inside. In 2015, 20 people died in winter weather—and sure, that’s not very many. Far more people die in their bathtubs (453 people, in case you were wondering).

The bolded part may explain Greggy's fears and malodorous air.

What a bunch of pansies.

In my day, I walked 8 miles to school, each way, every day, through 3 feet of snow blah blah blah...

(disintegrates into old-guy talk)

....uphill, both ways....

Out on Long Island we got only about 5 or 6 inches of snow overnight and then it quickly turned to an inch or two of rain. For the first time ever I had to take a break from shoveling. It is like going to the beach during a steady rain -- right down to the water's edge -- and digging wet sand with a snow shovel.

Break time is over. Back to work.

Looking like 24"+ here in the Champlain Valley of Vermont. I'm waiting until the snow stops tomorrow before I snowblow the driveway. My idiot neighbor has had his driveway plowed twice already!

Good thing my beer store is only 2 blocks away. Going to make the trek out there shortly to pick up a nice porter or stout. Dark beer on a snowy day is perfect.

Looking like 24"+ here in the Champlain Valley of Vermont. I'm waiting until the snow stops tomorrow before I snowblow the driveway. My idiot neighbor has had his driveway plowed twice already!

Good thing my beer store is only 2 blocks away. Going to make the trek out there shortly to pick up a nice porter or stout. Dark beer on a snowy day is perfect.

I just drove past mine and they are closed. Thankfully I keep supplies on hand for situations like this.

What a bunch of pansies.

In my day, I walked 8 miles to school, each way, every day, through 3 feet of snow blah blah blah...

(disintegrates into old-guy talk)

....uphill, both ways....

and school was held outside...