Who's got bees

boyst

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not kidding about ground bees. Jesus. They could dish out half the pain and still make their point.

Get even and pump them full of this foam! Works every time!

63bd3433-791c-43fa-b34a-01d6855e818d_100

http://www.spectracide.com/solutions/insect-killers/stinging-insect-killers/spectracide-carpenter-bee-and-ground-nesting-yellowjacket-killer-foaming-aerosol.aspx

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That sounds like a nice coop. Mom and step dad acquired some old American Airlines baggage handler carts. With the two level shelving and flip up doors, they worked great. Fresh eggs are da bomb.

4 ft by 8 ft by 1/2 what?

i 4 x 8 x 22 with a 1:1 roof pitch

never tried this before from my IG

coop whatever works to get it going jeb7364 is my handle there and it's up there in a few pictures.

Edited by Boyst62

• 4 weeks later...

fast forward to 8:55

they captured a wild swarm.

the average beehive you see with 2 deep broods and a medium super has tens of thousands of bees.

this is... yuge. i'd bet half a million bees.

You are not kidding about ground bees. Jesus. They could dish out half the pain and still make their point.

I didn't realize there was a special kind of ground bee. Got stung by a few last year, mowing the lawn and it killed. I threw off my shorts and ran around in my boxers in the yard.

We also have these carpenter bees, which drill holes into our cedar deck. They are huge but don't think they sting.

My well tender ,wants to put a swarm box on my property. Is this dangerous. I have a 3 yr old grandson. The guy seems nice,but he wants the bee`s.

not really. As long as you stay away from the hive without provoking it. Honey bees are usually very docile until you mess with their hive.

A neighbors dog came and drank water in the bucket I keep next to the hive so they may drink. Shook his head to get water off. The move made the bees attack. In 1 second he had 50 bees on his head.

As long as you don't mess with the bees they won't mess with you. Bees away from the hive will leave before they attack.

I didn't realize there was a special kind of ground bee. Got stung by a few last year, mowing the lawn and it killed. I threw off my shorts and ran around in my boxers in the yard.

We also have these carpenter bees, which drill holes into our cedar deck. They are huge but don't think they sting.

I'm glad you had boxers on, and hope you didn't have to join any registry?

I got targeted by what someone called "paper wasps' playing tennis. NASTY suckers! Mean as hell! Not your average wasp. I wasn't bothering them, but they became aware of me. Dropped the $200 racquet on the court getting away. Hid in the club while my playing partner bravely retrieved my racquet after several tries. Left my hat on the court and went off to take some Advil and get a benedryl buzz. (I have some reaction issues.)

I'm glad you had boxers on, and hope you didn't have to join any registry?

I got targeted by what someone called "paper wasps' playing tennis. NASTY suckers! Mean as hell! Not your average wasp. I wasn't bothering them, but they became aware of me. Dropped the $200 racquet on the court getting away. Hid in the club while my playing partner bravely retrieved my racquet after several tries. Left my hat on the court and went off to take some Advil and get a benedryl buzz. (I have some reaction issues.)

way off the subject, but I'm actually looking to buy a new tennis racquet. Used to be a decent HS doubles player and am starting to get back into it-- any tips?

way off the subject, but I'm actually looking to buy a new tennis racquet. Used to be a decent HS doubles player and am starting to get back into it-- any tips?

partner with mia from Pinehurst. She's am exceptional partner.

Next time, call me. I'll catch those bees for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad insects. Not like going down the pond chasin' june bugs and dragonflies. These bees, sting you all over. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your honey, put your business on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I'll find 'em for three grand, but I'll catch 'em, and kill 'em, for ten.

Well played sir.