Philly Brown signed

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Whaley should and will be fired after this coming season , he is loser and is putting together a hot garbage roster. Signing garbage players that no other wants. I mean why did we waste so much for (2) fullbacks? and yet no WR'S?

This loser should have been canned with REX, i believe Russ saved his butt to save face. Russ Brandon was the football fool who first gave this moron a chance and we are seeing the results. Team is a car wreck, this a passing league and we have no quality DB'S OR any depth at WR.

Holes everywhere and Whaley signing no name losers.

Unless you are trying to troll, this post is the train-wreck.

It might be better to save your complaints about the holes until after free agency or the draft.

He signed 2 scrap heap guys that played in the Pro Bowl less than a year later (3 counting TT). You can criticize Whaley for plenty but 2nd tier FAs aren't one of them. He has excelled in that area.

Again, what's your definition of 2nd tier FA's?

I would actually split your definition of tier 1 into 1A and 1B.

Gilmore is a 1A Free Agent (ie. Guaranteed to be signed early and for top end of his position money).

Woods is 1B (one of the best FAs at his position for whom there will be a healthy market).

Tier 2 to me is might not go in the first 48 hours, likely to be contracts worth less than $5m a year and could be short term prove it deals.

Tier 3 are late and depth pick ups.

Yup and the draft is deep @ WR position this year.

It doesn't feel as deep as in recent years to me. I actually feel the opposite. The draft is deep on the DL and certainly DBs. It's a strong draft for RBs as well. The OL and WR feel thin.

I would actually split your definition of tier 1 into 1A and 1B.

Gilmore is a 1A Free Agent (ie. Guaranteed to be signed early and for top end of his position money).

Woods is 1B (one of the best FAs at his position for whom there will be a healthy market).

Tier 2 to me is might not go in the first 48 hours, likely to be contracts worth less than $5m a year and could be short term prove it deals.

Tier 3 are late and depth pick ups.

That is more than fair.

The fact is this: With the number of players the Bills have on their roster, they HAVE to sign a bunch of players. The draft alone will not provide enough players to field a 90 man roster at camp.

Furthermore, with the amount of money the Bills have, and given the simple realities of roster building in the NFL, not every player signed is going to be a star or even a starter.

To field a complete football team, you need depth, special teams players, 4th wide receivers...in short, you need JAGs. It should come as no surprise and should upset no one that some of the players the Bills sign will be very average players, 3rd string quality guys.

On top of those very simple realities, it is also true that Doug Whaley has had far more free agent hits than he has had misses. Nobody last year was very excited about Lorenzo Alexander or Ryan Groy, and I'm sure no one the year before was very excited about Gillislee. You simply never know how a player will perform in a new system, with new coaches, in a new environment (case in point, Alexander's 12.5 sacks in year 1 of being a Bill).

The whining and eye-rolling any time the Bills sign someone other than "favorite star player X" is silly, short sighted, and based on an unrealistic view of NFL roster building.

All that being said, welcome to Buffalo, Philly Brown. May your 20 catches a year and special teams contributions be worth the tiny amount of money the Bills spent on you.

Striking lightning in a bottle with lower cost UFA's every year isn't a recipe for continued success. It's nice to highlight, but were it not for poor drafts it wouldn't be necessary. And for the credit he gets for defensive acquisitions, his offensive ones have been horrible.

Yes, they have to sign A LOT of players to begin camp and it stands to reason several will be UDFA's, street free agents, their draft picks, and low cost UFA's.

It doesn't remove the fact that Whaley owns this roster. And that it's extremely thin going into his 5th off-season as GM should indicate he's not up to the task.

It doesn't feel as deep as in recent years to me. I actually feel the opposite. The draft is deep on the DL and certainly DBs. It's a strong draft for RBs as well. The OL and WR feel thin.

That is more than fair.

The chances of getting a very good wr in rounds 1 and 2 are excellent though

Myself i would not take any chances.....Corey Davis or Williams at 10

Yup and the draft is deep @ WR position this year.

Best of the free agent WRs remaining:

Michael Floyd

Cordarelle Patterson (says he wants to stay in Minn.)

Anquan Boldin (still makes plays)

Kamar Aiken

Brian Quick

Andrew Hawkins

Andre Holmes

he actually passed for 200 yards to those parking valet's he was throwing to most of last year?

Shocking

Can't wait for you to throw Listenbee and Brown under the bus too. Good ole John from excuse, it's everyone but Tyrod's fault always.

The parking Valets post on message boards, the guys you're confused about are professional wide recievers.

Chris Hogan. Oh nvm he got away.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

do you honestly think this is he bills answer to Robert Woods

come on man

they don't have the cap space to go big at WR. need to pay Sammy after this year I believe ; wait... he will probably leave if he has any brains... so , ok, you're right, they will spend more in FA on WR , knowing that Sammy is probably gone in 2018. Got it.

3 more years of suck. take it to the bank.

they don't have the cap space to go big at WR. need to pay Sammy after this year I believe ; wait... he will probably leave if he has any brains... so , ok, you're right, they will spend more in FA on WR , knowing that Sammy is probably gone in 2018. Got it.

3 more years of suck. take it to the bank.

This is a post that is not even worth the response....crap i just did

back on your your bridge

I actually like this signing quite a bit. He is without a doubt an upgrade over Goodwin as our #3 WR in my opinion.

He has enough speed to be a deep threat, like Goodwin, but he is much more versatile overall. You can put him in multiple different spots. He runs a wide variety of routes and is known as a crisp route runner. He's got good cut ability, and has much better hands than Goodwin. He caught everything that came near him in 2015.

This is a very nice depth signing IMO.

Its a solid depth WR #4 signing, its a body, who is not known to be injury prone

But anyone hyping him to be our #3WR is drinking jugs of koolaid spin

He has kickoff n punt return versality which is never a bad thing so he is likely to make the team

However its no real upgrade over what we've had the last couple of years

The good news because the Panthers cut him he's not adversely affecting our 2018 comp possibilities

jc

Edited by wilcoam