Has any team contacted EJ Manuel about a tryout?

HOUSE

He'll get a camp tryout at some point. still, you have to wonder whether Bills fans overestimate his value/ability compared to the rest of the NFL

Bills fans didn't draft him.

...my apology....thought you were talking about the scrap heap......the woeful OBD ineptitude with the QB spot since Kelly is mind boggling.....with the turnstile FO and administrations, you'd think SOMEBODY would hit.......these clowns haven't been able to hit the water from the boat......

It isn't mind boggling if you actually look at it... The Bills have only drafted 5 QBs since Kelly and only two in the first round...

If you don't draft QBs you will never find one.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...my apology....thought you were talking about the scrap heap......the woeful OBD ineptitude with the QB spot since Kelly is mind boggling.....with the turnstile FO and administrations, you'd think SOMEBODY would hit.......these clowns haven't been able to hit the water from the boat......

No harm, no foul...in addition to your point my biggest fear is Whaley's ego...he was so dead set that his superior knowledge and research had led him to EJ as our QB that it clouded his judgement...acquiring another QB to compete with EJ seemed out of the question to him, as it would bring into question his judgement on selecting EJ in the first place...therefore, he would settle for lesser talent at the QB position (Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis) until he was forced by Marrone to get Kyle Orton, and then forced by Rex to get Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor...None of the Bills HCs wanted EJ, yet Whaley thought he knew better...and because of that, it has taken longer to find our franchise QB.

Edited by JaCrispy

Wow thanks Bill. I'll let you know though, I believe you have an old grudge against me for an awful mistake I made about 10 years ago, and a rule of thumb not to respond to my stuff. I hope my name-change didn't fool you. I've always respected the loyalty you've shown to your friends over the years.

I bit hard on Losman the way you did RJ and defended him with venom, you may recall. With every mistake we must surely be learning.

Grudge? Absolutely not, now nor ever!!!!! I don't even remember this but I am guessing my stance on RJ was just as bad or worse lol!!! I wish you would have sent me a PM if you thought that I would harbor that sort of grudge.

And you know, this is the time of year we can all be hopeful. I mean, we haven't been knocked out of the playoffs yet, or shunned qbs in the draft. We have not yet squandered our best draft picks on defensive backs. :)

The dialogue is great, thank you.

No harm, no foul...in addition to your point my biggest fear is Whaley's ego...he was so dead set that his superior knowledge and research had led him to EJ as our QB that it clouded his judgement...acquiring another QB to compete with EJ seemed out of the question to him, as it would bring into question his judgement on selecting EJ in the first place...therefore, he would settle for lesser talent at the QB position (Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis) until he was forced by Marrone to get Kyle Orton, and then forced by Rex to get Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor...None of the Bills HCs wanted EJ, yet Whaley thought he knew better...and because of that, it has taken longer to find our franchise QB.

...and that my friend is a great point...Whaley went out and got Cassel only to trade him which caused Roman to go ballistic according to folks I know who are "in the know"....I think Greg's attitude went south thereafter.....that word EGO is a painful reminder......DonoHOLE HAD to be named El Presidente, the first in OBD history to fuel his ego.....he was a control freak who wanted total say over personnel, forcefeeding HIS choices to cheap underling, subordinating HC's like Greggy Williams....YOU make it work....a hugely successful (COUGH) era...funny that I met him outside a local restaurant after TC for a smoke and he seemed like a pretty good guy to talk to......Wrecks was a terrible hire but I think Whaley feared him NOT conforming....thus his control could be in jeopardy.......HOWEVER, I think the tide has turned with McCoach......no way in hell are you going to tell me I am responsible for between the white lines BUT YOU will tell ME who is playing between those very lines.....I'd grab my hat and coat and head for the nearest exit...Pegula is smart enough to recognize that and if Whaley doesn't play ball according to TP's rules, he'll be at the bus station with EJ....stay tuned.........

OK that's just extremely funny if you ever see EJ warm up? He misses receivers left and right, he hits ground or air mails it.

..so about the same hit ratio that OBD has had with QB's since Kelly, right??............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Is there a reason to keep spitting on the kid's grave?

Indy:

...we're "old dawgs" and probably don't get "IT".....knowing you as I do, your goals and aspirations were to enter the medical field which you did....and I'd bet your are substantially successful....any haters that hoped you'd fail in your quest?......maybe the jealous ones NOT capable of pursuing such a lofty career.....so why the hatred for EJ, a young kid hoping to reach his dream of being an NFL QB, with large excrements praying he fails?.....jealousy because they have no ability to pursue such a dream?....society built on respect has gone to hell with the advent of keyboard pontificators and their cowardice.....I prefer the old school way of respect.....good Lord how far we have fallen........repugnant............

Bills fans didn't draft him.

It isn't mind boggling if you actually look at it... The Bills have only drafted 5 QBs since Kelly and only two in the first round...

If you don't draft QBs you will never find one.

This is why I'm glad the Bills rolled the dice with EJ. If you aren't willing to gamble with a draft pick, you'll never get a QB because they're all gambles.

Like you, I just wish we rolled the dice on QBs more often.

I can understand that.

One thing I try to remember, my fellow traveler of both time and space, is that we enter this world as a lonely stranger and leave it a lonely stranger. Other people don't actually know me, their words reflect only their own perceptions. Its my ego that gets its feelings hurt, if I stay away from the ego then sour words will pass right through me. There are disciplines that can be learned which will make us impervious, though like any other discipline it takes time, effort and repeated failures in order to learn. I hope that makes a lick of sense :lol:

Wise words, 2018!

And if we keep our egos out of all this, we won't feel the need to attack our fellow Bills fans. It's when our egos are hurt that we lash out.

I like this site best when it overflows with Bills comaraderie, not when the contest of egos take over.