Has any team contacted EJ Manuel about a tryout?

HOUSE

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll get a camp tryout at some point. still, you have to wonder whether Bills fans overestimate his value/ability compared to the rest of the NFL

Sure fans overestimated his value/ability - it is called HOPE.

You see the same thing happening right now with some fans and CJ.

We will see it again whenever we draft another QB - HOPE again and again until one day (if we live long enough) we will see someone eventually pan out.

Here's to hoping...

Losman V 2.0

....LOL....go back and read the draft pundits drooling over Losman for 2004 draft, calling him "the heir apparent gunslinger to Favre" , definitely going to the Pack at #26......but DonoHOLE outfoxed 'em and jumped to #22 to land the prize.....hell even THE QB Guru (COUGH) himself, Jaworski lauded Losman as the "real deal", impressed with his "intelligence with the football".....the rest is history.....

matt Cassel beat him out for the backup job. Whaley then cut him. They bring Cassel back on a cheaper deal, probably because Rex complained. Cassel goes back to the 2, then Whaley trades him. Then you have week 17 of last year. Why would you not just play Jones in that game? They did everything they could and more to force EJ. It didn't work. No reason to feel bad.

He's referring to Kevin Kolb, who was supposed to be the starter in 2013.

It's weird because he was the best QB in that draft and the best backup QB in the NFL, and now nothing? A Russian conspiracy is the only explanation I have.

Scooped up in a hearbeat only needs a true coaching staff to develop him. Oh my I cant try sarcasm this early in the morning.

I responded to BMore. All you did was :lol::lol: . Thats all good.

its not even about EJ. Its the principle for me. Its like when you see someone failing or going through a rough time, and you see some other !@#$ piling more bull **** on someone when theyre already on the floor in career convulsions. I took it more serious then it shoulda been cuz I been through those real life situations where ****ty people that can alter your future pile more bull **** on you and take shots at you when youre on the floor with both your legs broken just trying to crawl to a place to recover so you can get up, walk and run again.

McFly: Time Traveler, Man of Principles.

Its always good to have a positive attitude. Cuz this World will destroy you if you let it!

****ty people cant alter your future by being bad humans talking about you and making fun of you. If you believe that you are rather sensitive. There are tons of examples in history that disprove this. If ej is letting someones talk bother him ej might need to toughennup a bit. Worlds a tuff place. Edited by Bill_with_it

I responded to BMore. All you did was :lol::lol: . Thats all good.

its not even about EJ. Its the principle for me. Its like when you see someone failing or going through a rough time, and you see some other !@#$ piling more bull **** on someone when theyre already on the floor in career convulsions. I took it more serious then it shoulda been cuz I been through those real life situations where ****ty people that can alter your future pile more bull **** on you and take shots at you when youre on the floor with both your legs broken just trying to crawl to a place to recover so you can get up, walk and run again.

McFly: Time Traveler, Man of Principles.

Its always good to have a positive attitude. Cuz this World will destroy you if you let it!

I can understand that.

One thing I try to remember, my fellow traveler of both time and space, is that we enter this world as a lonely stranger and leave it a lonely stranger. Other people don't actually know me, their words reflect only their own perceptions. Its my ego that gets its feelings hurt, if I stay away from the ego then sour words will pass right through me. There are disciplines that can be learned which will make us impervious, though like any other discipline it takes time, effort and repeated failures in order to learn. I hope that makes a lick of sense :lol:

Good post! It's easy to fall into that trap when your team acquires a qb with some talent.

RJ had tons of talent. I mean this. He was big, had a superb arm, could run, and was even accurate.

Losman could run and had a good deep arm.

EJ was big and he too threw a pretty good deep ball.

It was easy believe that these guys would develop and lead our team to the next level. I became much harder to fool after thinking RJ might be a top 5, or easily top 10 qb. :)

With EJ, the entire premise of trading down 8 slots and drafting a qb was weird, wouldn't you say? Would you, or anyone reading this not jump right on a player who you thought was a franchise qb? What this tells me is that they had EJ rated about the same as Geno Smith. Bad news from day 1 in that sense.

I wish EJ well. He is a horrible qb, but he seems like a good kid. He is no longer hurting this team

That said, Whaley is a horrible GM and should be shipped out of town. He IS killing this team.

Wow thanks Bill. I'll let you know though, I believe you have an old grudge against me for an awful mistake I made about 10 years ago, and a rule of thumb not to respond to my stuff. I hope my name-change didn't fool you. I've always respected the loyalty you've shown to your friends over the years.

I bit hard on Losman the way you did RJ and defended him with venom, you may recall. With every mistake we must surely be learning.

Does that surprise you ? Every body but the Bills knew of all of his short comings when he came into the NFL !!

Then over the last 4 years he proved Kiper & others correct in their assessment of his play !!

EJ might have had the ability to be an NFL backup but after 4 years of Bills "coaching" he will have a hard time gaining a roster spot.

....absolutely NOT defending EJ by any means, but two items jump out during his tenure......first, the QB Coaches ala Lee, Hackett & Dowling are hardly impressive and either they collectively failed in developing EJ or it was the student's fault......secondly, the Kolb signing rates in the top 5 of OBD "worst ever" choices.....after 5+ concussions with Eagles and 'Zona, guy had 1/4 of his noodle left....he was a hard sneeze away from #6 until the "Great Mat Attack."........EJ was to have been his understudy...instead he ends u[p being the understudy to Thad Lewis.....seriously?.....better off sitting behind Jerry.......

Scooped up in a hearbeat only needs a true coaching staff to develop him. Oh my I cant try sarcasm this early in the morning.

****ty people cant alter your future by being bad humans talking about you and making fun of you. If you believe that you are rather sensitive. There are tons of examples in history that disprove this. If ej is letting someones talk bother him ej might need to toughennup a bit. Worlds a tuff place.

Bullying is a the path of little men. A REAL MAN will take the high road.

Whats with the hate for EJ ? A nice kid that couldn't cut it. He tried though and he worked hard. Lets not forget that Buffalo is the place where QB's go to die.

He may have looked like he belonged had he been drafted into the right coaching, scheme, support etc.

+1...good riddance...having him on the roster kept us from acquiring much better QBs for too long.

...because the list of VASTLY superior choices was so abundant.....hell, I'd bet even Waste Management would not pick 99% of them up curbside tomorrow morning..............

I just want to remind everyone that I was just about the only one on this board to rail against the pick the moment it happened. Something along the lines of "I live in Florida, watch a lot of Florida college ball, and EJ was always 'meh' even FSU fans agree...he's a terrible pick."

It takes years to be vindicated and even now the EJ-blind will just say "well, it didn't work out and that happens"...but the bottom line is the pick itself was terrible at the time.

I. Told. You. So.

I agree that it's not about EJ, it's about once again reminding the EJ fanboys who wouldn't STFU his first few years just how wrong they were... and it's also about slamming Lil Doug who shoved him down 2 coaching staff's throats. As long as EJ is truly gone from the team, he's OK with me.

...because the list of VASTLY superior choices was so abundant.....hell, I'd bet even Waste Management would not pick 99% of them up curbside tomorrow morning..............

Derek Carr and Jimmy Garappolo say hello...both much better prospects coming out of school and were there for the taking...if, for nothing else, at least as an insurance policy on EJ- kinda like what Washington did.

Edited by JaCrispy

I don't know what to tell ya,I'm just the messanger.But,id assume it was a coaching decision? Also,where did you see/hear that Cassel was automatically advanced to #2 upon his return? As you said yourself,there was no football in between,so how does a QB come back from being cut after three days,and out play anyone to automatically deserve a promotion? ?

the depth chart.

Derek Carr and Jimmy Garappolo say hello...both much better prospects coming out of school and were there for the taking...if, for nothing else, at least as an insurance policy on EJ- kinda like what Washington did.

...my apology....thought you were talking about the scrap heap......the woeful OBD ineptitude with the QB spot since Kelly is mind boggling.....with the turnstile FO and administrations, you'd think SOMEBODY would hit.......these clowns haven't been able to hit the water from the boat......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy