We Loose On The Field And In The Offseason

wppete

I don't know - the Pats are getting a lot of hype for this offseason, but it's very "unPatriots." Usually, the Bills, Dolphins & Jets are making these kinds of splashy moves...and where has that gotten those 3 teams?

The Pats also lost Ryan, Bennett, Volmer, et al, and could still lose Hightower, Blount & Butler. They just got a deep ball guy yesterday for a QB who doesn't have a good deep ball, and are overpaying for a very good but not elite CB.

Maybe this is actually the year they blinked? They're going all in for a 40 year old QB who might be a hit away from retirement.

And some of their big moves won't look as exciting on draft day, while they're watching other teams pick the 1st few rounds.

Meanwhile, I like what the Bills have done - a lot. They've dumped players whose contracts don't match their value, cleared cap space & signed valuable (if not splashy) contributors & depth. I'm excited about the season. I just want the Bills to have a competitive team, and to be ready when the wheels finally do fall off the evil empire.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know - the Pats are getting a lot of hype for this offseason, but it's very "unPatriots." Usually, the Bills, Dolphins & Jets are making these kinds of splashy moves...and where has that gotten those 3 teams?

The Pats also lost Ryan, Bennett, Volmer, et al, and could still lose Hightower, Blount & Butler. They just got a deep ball guy yesterday for a QB who doesn't have a good deep ball, and are overpaying for a very good but not elite CB.

Maybe this is actually the year they blinked? They're going all in for a 40 year old QB who might be a hit away from retirement.

And some of their big moves won't look as exciting on draft day, while they're watching other teams pick the 1st few rounds.

Meanwhile, I like what the Bills have done - a lot. They've dumped players whose contracts don't match their value, cleared cap space & signed valuable (if not splashy) contributors & depth. I'm excited about the season. I just want the Bills to have a competitive team, and to be ready when the wheels finally do fall off the evil empire.

^^ My kinda guy

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Relax man it's just football. NE made some good deals. We weren't going to win the division anyway. Let's just hope we can win enough games to get into the playoffs and start there.

Agree...I would like to give the new coach some time before we say the sky is falling....maybe let him build a roster her wants, get through FA, the draft, off-season program, training camp and heck coach a game before we hit the panic button....IMO I would just like to keep this coach longer than 2 years like we typically do...give him at least 4-5 years to really see what he can do!

Agree...I would like to give the new coach some time before we say the sky is falling....maybe let him build a roster her wants, get through FA, the draft, off-season program, training camp and heck coach a game before we hit the panic button....IMO I would just like to keep this coach longer than 2 years like we typically do...give him at least 4-5 years to really see what he can do!

The new coach is part of this "bridge," that everyone is talking about.

The next two seasons are going to be interesting.

NE always make trades at this time of the year...last season was Long, Bennett, Hogan etc....the year before was Chandler, Sheard etc....the only difference this year is that they have more $.....BB picked up Ealy and Cooks for 1 year...if he likes them, he'll pay them next off season...if he doesn't, he'll let them go and receive some comp picks as always....in my eyes, besides having more $, it's business as usual in Foxboro.....BB manages the system really well.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

NE always make trades at this time of the year...last season was Long, Bennett, Hogan etc....the year before was Chandler, Sheard etc....the only difference this year is that they have more $.....BB picked up Ealy and Cooks for 1 year...if he likes them, he'll pay them next off season...if he doesn't, he'll let them go and receive some comp picks as always....in my eyes, besides having more $, it's business as usual in Foxboro.....BB manages the system really well.....

Exactly. He knows the system AND the rules better than anyone on the planet.

The Patriots are that guy that reads the rule book before playing the board game. Most people never attempt it.

Yup. And in the board game, that guy will be accused of cheating when all he's doing is exploiting others' ignorance.

Edited by Gugny

I see your point, and it is a team game.

However at the end of the day, the QB has the ball in his hands the most. He is the most important player on the team for that reason alone.

Many drives died by his hand. He is a drive killer.

this is true. We could run the ball, but when we had to pass it, TT would kill the drive. many times we went 3 and out. Not sure if this stat is kept anywhere, but I'd imagine we led or were close to leading the league in percentage of 3 and out drives.