Bills might as well rebuild...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't back down and not try because of the Pats. Seems to me that they are going all out knowing that Brady and Belichick likely have 1-2 years left. Why tank because of them?(As if tanking ever works in football). Buffalo can still get a wildcard and build on that. Miami was a mess in 2015 and managed to do that. If Brady and Bellichek retire and Buffalo is coming off of a couple winning seasons, that is much better for us that if we are "rebuilding" at the time

Bring the right guys in for the new system and play to win,

I would fire our coach but he just got here :w00t:

I think you are on the corrected page. Well done ! Fire him Perry !

Anyone calling themselves an honest to Bills Fan needs a pitchfork. A friend who has a torch is good too.

The Patriots are reminding me of those NBA super teams that completely destroy the competitiveness of the regular season (can we just skip to the Cavs/Warriors finals now?). I wonder if Seattle or some other NFC team will load up and turn the NFL into a two team league like the NBA.

You can't back down and not try because of the Pats. Seems to me that they are going all out knowing that Brady and Belichick likely have 1-2 years left. Why tank because of them?(As if tanking ever works in football). Buffalo can still get a wildcard and build on that. Miami was a mess in 2015 and managed to do that. If Brady and Bellichek retire and Buffalo is coming off of a couple winning seasons, that is much better for us that if we are "rebuilding" at the time

Bring the right guys in for the new system and play to win,

Love the post. Never stop fighting.

Pats going all in with a guy who is 40. As we all know, it can work. But everyone is in uncharted waters here. Cooks won't get them to the show without Brady staying upright and playing close to peak for 16+ games

Lighten up. We weren't contending with the Pats before the move. Assuming we'd probably lose to them twice anyway, the Pats going undefeated in the AFC could only help us.

exactly. Please load them up with all the best players so they beat everyone else too, and it weakens the others. I have no issue with this.

Some things never change, they stay the way they are, like the Bills missing the playoffs and the Patriots winning the AFC East and more. I like the direction the Bills are going though. My only worry now is the Whaley effect. I would like it better if he were not in the Bills organization.

Patriots are tooling up for an undefeated season. Sorry Kyle, Tyrod, McCoy... Cooks now a Patriot.

The day the restructured Tyrod's deal was the day the rebuild started.

I dunno, the PATS already had more talent on their team than us b4 this years FA started

Then they lost a couple of key players while we lost twice as many

And we are releasing players, starters, and they are not

Meanwhile they are trading for and signing serious impact players, mega starters

And we are not

They seem to be miles ahead of us

Now that won't last forever but I can also say that whatever our strategy mgmt wise over the last X years, it didn't work

So I'm why anyone is so certain it's working now, sure it could be, at first glance the talent gap is widening

Meanwhile we are saving lost of $$$ against the cap

But we do not appear to be spending any of the savings to bring in starting talent to compete

jc

I think this is Brady and Satan's swan song. They are never this active and they rarely give up draft picks or overspend on FA's. Think this is their last year- trying to win 6. I hope it's their swan song

Paid a pretty big price for Cooks considering he will need to be extended soon. Do they have the money to re-sign Hightower, Cooks, and Butler? If so then they are loaded. Especially if they trade Garapollo and get some picks back.

Im pissed.. Im sure everyone here is pissed. Whats going on?? NE wins the Superbowl , they are tooling up and we are doing nothing??????? What is this?? every year the same Sh*t. Im tired of this.

Edited by wppete

Im pissed.. Im sure everyone here is pissed. Whats going on?? NE wins the Superbowl , they are tooling up and we are doing nothing??????? What is this?? every year the same Sh*t. Im tired of this.

NE has cap room because they have a history of not spending big $$ for anybody (Gilmore this year is kind of unique for them) . They have draft picks from previous trades and TB is gonna be 40. They know the end is near. You can do all these things when you win consistently and luck into a healthy franchise QB for 16 + years from a sixth round pick. The Bills went into this year with very little cap room and very few players under contract. They can't blow their wad on one or two guys because they need lots of players. NE would win the East again whether they traded for Cooks or not. Whether they let Hightower go or not, whether they traded Collins or not, whether they stood " Pat" or not. They have $$ to spend and are going to spend it. It's not the same very year. A few years ago we traded for Shady, signed Percy Harvin, Charles Clay etc. you can't do that every year. The Pats lost Bennett and will prob lose Hightower and others. It doesn't matter if they have TB. It just doesn't . I don't care much what the Pats do because they are just better than most teams in the NFL including the Bills and will be until that guy is gone or is in decline. Nothing we can do to change it.

Edited by Boatdrinks

NE has cap room because they have a history of not spending big $$ for anybody (Gilmore this year is kind of unique for them) . They have draft picks from previous trades and TB is gonna be 40. They know the end is near. You can do all these things when you win consistently and luck into a healthy franchise QB for 16 + years from a sixth round pick. The Bills went into this year with very little cap room and very few players under contract. They can't blow their wad on one or two guys because they need lots of players. NE would win the East again whether they traded for Cooks or not. Whether they let Hightower go or not, whether they traded Collins or not, whether they stood " Pat" or not. They have $$ to spend and are going to spend it. It's not the same very year. A few years ago we traded for Shady, signed Percy Harvin, Charles Clay etc. you can't do that every year. The Pats lost Bennett and will prob lose Hightower and others. It doesn't matter if they have TB. It just doesn't . I don't care much what the Pats do because they are just better than most teams in the NFL including the Bills and will be until that guy is gone or is in decline. Nothing we can do to change it.

So we made all the trades and signings you mentioned a few years ago, Shady, Percy, Clay ect. and we haven't made the payoffs in 17 years. NE makes the playoffs both years and wins the superbowl and still makes even bigger moves this year. What is this? Why do we keep loosing to them on the field and off the field???? It makes me sick and makes us all sick!!!

The Patriots do seem to be loading up for end of Brady's run. There is nothing Buffalo can do about that. The Bills need to build this team the right way through the draft, then re-sign the players who deserve it. I hate free agency week, because it's like all your neighbors are out buying Ferraris and marrying supermodels. Smart teams don't overdo this, unless someone is a perfect fit. I've seen so many of these guys get their big money then totally take their foot off the gas pedal. Or a GM falls in love with a player who's not a good fit. Back away from the ledge, Bills fans. Free agency is only one part of team building and it's an overrated one as far as I'm concerned. The Pats are doing this to give Brady as many guns as possible for a final run. Take solace that this means it's almost over. Not even Brady and Belichick can beat Father Time.

Patriots win the offseason.

Listening to Bill Polian last night, he had a bit dedicated to the offseason champions by giving the a paper mache Lombardi trophy. Looks like the Patsies won it. Also, they went on a debate pointing out that whoever wins the off-season has a high odds of not winning the actual Lombardi trophy. #fingerscrossed