Today I Learned....PartII

On 11/28/2017 at 8:59 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

they get smart like George Constanza did

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I haven't processed a tax receipt in years for reparations from the FRG,  that was always shiver-inducing.

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

The first Star Wars was a British production trying to regain some foothold on the lost glory of decades past.

17 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

hahahahahahahaa   I'd say only in Canada but I live and have traveled the south in the USA.  

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Today I learned that people aren't always what they seem.:cry:

On the internet?      Life Lesson #1 ...   never trust some faceless person on the internet.  

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

hahahahahahahaa   I'd say only in Canada but I live and have traveled the south in the USA.  

On the internet?      Life Lesson #1 ...   never trust some faceless person on the internet.  

Unless they're named Don and live in Dunkirk, evidently...

19 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Unless they're named Don and live in Dunkirk, evidently...

What a comedy of errors.    

Look I get why people want to believe him, but JFC how can they eat that stuff up?!?! 

Its like crack.  I can't stop. 

TIL  that DD's obd thread is the BEST TROLL THREAD EVER!!! 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Seasons change because the axis of the earth is tilted by 23.5 degrees (from a line perpendicular to its orbit). As the earth moves around its orbit there is a time when it is tilted towards the sun and so receives a higher concentration of the sun's energy (summer) and a time when it is tilted away and receiving less energy (winter).

Our winter (Northern Hemi) we are closest to the sun IIRC 

Image result for how the seasons change elypse

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Seasons change because the axis of the earth is tilted by 23.5 degrees (from a line perpendicular to its orbit). As the earth moves around its orbit there is a time when it is tilted towards the sun and so receives a higher concentration of the sun's energy (summer) and a time when it is tilted away and receiving less energy (winter).

Our winter (Northern Hemi) we are closest to the sun IIRC 

Image result for how the seasons change elypse

Yes, that shows why there is a summer and winter, but tell me how it changes from one to the other. No, the axis does not tilt in the opposite direction. I'm not being pedantic, it just confused me and I investigated