RGIII Being Released by the Browns

Not to be THAT guy, but if you could bring him in at the vet minimum as a backup, would you do it?

Absolutely...if he doesnt have a good camp, easy cut. I would feel better with RG3 backing up TT than Cardale personally. I don't have any delusions of him where I think he can resurrect his rookie year trajectory here, I am just not a fan of going into the season with Cardale as our #2 right now. If Cardale steps up and earns the spot, then fantastic and I hope that happens. But sitting here today, that has not yet happened and nothing I have seen or heard suggests to me he is currently ready to be the backup. A lot can change on that before the season begins, but until then, bring in a vet that can fit the system so if TT goes down we don't have to change a lot. But right now, him being our "backup" isnt much different to me than when Tuel was.

Count me in as in favor of bringing him in cheap in a no risk situation as we need to bring someone in. I would also be in favor of bringing in Kap if he came cheap too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest NeckBeard

Not to be THAT guy, but if you could bring him in at the vet minimum as a backup, would you do it?

2 years ago I was visiting a (prospect) customer in Blacksburg, VA, and my co-sales guy and I visited a bar in town. Technically, this part of VA is either Redskins territory or VT territory. On the left TV was a preseason Redskins game. On the right TV was a preseason Bills game.

RGIII got shellacked during the Redskins game, after he had almost literally been stinking up the joint, and there was cheering (c'mon!). Then there was cheering again, but this time for TT under center in a Bills game.

But the point is that RGIII is a bad QB. Watching him play, after he crashed to earth a few seasons ago, pains me, perhaps even more than seeing EJ under center for the Bills, and I'm not kidding. IMO it's not worth taking a flyer on a guy who's already proven that he's not able to hang.

Well. He had a playoff birth unlike Tyrod

While I'll concede that Tyrod had more of a preseason birth (August 3, 1989), I'd argue that RGIII had more of an offseason birth (February 12, 1990) than a playoff birth. :flirt:

Well. He had a playoff birth unlike Tyrod

his TEAM had a playoff birth,in a division annually up for grabs. Let's be real, he didn't play Brady twice a year

Playoff BERTH. How did you both make the same mistake?