An out of the Box Idea for WR

MAJBobby

Was thinking seeing we are cap strapped. And it seems this is building as a win now team if Josh Gordon does get reinstated there is your big catch radius proven NFL WR.

Bring him in on a prove it deal if he goes back to the alcohol and drugs you cut him no issue. But if reinstated that would be a way to fill a major hole with a high talent that wont cost anything.

I am not sure he fits the character standards McD wants but gotta fill roster anyway and this would be a way to do it with a former elite player for pennies.

Didnt beat a women or anything violent his issue has always been the weed and drinking.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call it out of the box........have two weeks gone by in the past two years where somebody didn't bring him up?

But yeah, he's the prototype........6'4" and long limbed.....can run past or outmuscle almost any CB.........and in his last full season he had was one of the greatest by a WR....EVER.

I wouldn't call it out of the box........have two weeks gone by in the past two years where somebody didn't bring him up?

But yeah, he's the prototype........6'4" and long limbed.....can run past or outmuscle almost any CB.........and in his last full season he had was one of the greatest by a WR....EVER.

Best part would cost what 800k ish

Can't be a 1 year deal, it got be 3 or 4 with little upfront money. Sign him it a 1 year deal and he has a big year then what? The your stuck with a zack brown deal.

Aw shucks, would really suck to get a mister season at a huge discount. Can't do that.

Can't be a 1 year deal, it got be 3 or 4 with little upfront money. Sign him it a 1 year deal and he has a big year then what? The your stuck with a zack brown deal.

Thats fine. Fills the immediate need and allows your rookie WR which historically takes a bit of time a year to get ready.

I could go with like an 2 or 3 year incentive laden deal as wel. Just with better protections than Dareus has in his deal.

Trade Dareus for DeAndre Hopkins and draft a DT we gain cap space and have the Clemson brothers for WR. Win win. Also the Pats don't get Hopkins.

If we could trade Dareus for Hopkins, then pick up Adams 10 I would cry of joy. Wont ever happen, but a guy can dream.

Trade Dareus for DeAndre Hopkins and draft a DT we gain cap space and have the Clemson brothers for WR. Win win. Also the Pats don't get Hopkins.

Any time you can get another Clemson receiver who will get unhappy with the qb play, you have to do it! Hopkins would miss BO being a number 2 option in this offense.

Our best chance to win is to have a really good defense and ball control offense. We aren't beating anyone with Tyrod throwing the ball so Hopkins would be a waste.

Any time you can get another Clemson receiver who will get unhappy with the qb play, you have to do it! Hopkins would miss BO being a number 2 option in this offense.

Our best chance to win is to have a really good defense and ball control offense. We aren't beating anyone with Tyrod throwing the ball so Hopkins would be a waste.

I disagree man. Having two #1 WR's would only help Tyrod especially if one gets hurt like last year.

If we could trade Dareus for Hopkins, then pick up Adams 10 I would cry of joy. Wont ever happen, but a guy can dream.

Agree 100%

No established receiver is coming here to get 40 catches. If Gordon wants to prove himself, he playing with a qb who will help him put up numbers. We don't have that qb.

That *sounds* like it makes sense.......but most of the better QB's spread the ball around.

Which is why guys like Hogan and Chandler didn't all of a sudden become a different level producers once they joined the Pats.

It's also why a guy like Cooks is on the block despite having Drew Brees as his QB........some don't like not getting fed 15 throws per game like a DeAndre Hopkins with Brian Hoyer in Houston.

Sammy and Gordon would be a good all-day 2-WR combo which would mean a lot of chances to make big plays.