Gilmore to be...a patriot

It will be alright. Maybe the next CB that takes his place will fill that empty void for you. I sure hope so my friend.

I'm glad we can be friends!

:beer:

I don't get attached to players (except the truly great pass rushers; they're the apple of my eye).

Not sure why "I call 'em like I see 'em" is confusing, but hey, it's all gravy.

Now that he's a Pat, I hope he gets roundly roasted by Sammy thrice weekly when we face them.

You're absolutely right. Belichek was nothing special in Cleveland and also in NE before Brady fell into their laps. Any coach would look like a genius with a HOF QB.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 with Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett.

Must've been cuz a Tawmy!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad we can be friends!

:beer:

I don't get attached to players (except the truly great pass rushers; they're the apple of my eye).

Not sure why "I call 'em like I see 'em" is confusing, but hey, it's all gravy.

Now that he's a Pat, I hope he gets roundly roasted by Sammy thrice weekly when we face them.

We can certainly agree on that. We can hug it out and have a tickle party if you're up for it.... B-) I will bring the yohoo chocolate drinks.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I go by exactly what I see in the games. Apparently, thousands of other Bills fans feel the same way about Gilmore.

Bandit loves stats to death and Belichek said it best "Stats are for losers."

That's the line that folks break out when literally nothing beyond more opinion supports their position

We can certainly agree on that. We can hug it out and have a tickle party if your up for it.... B-) I will bring the yohoo chocolate drinks.

I'm not much of a Yoo-hoo guy, but I average 2-3 good tickle fights per night (I have 4 year old twins)!

I knew I liked you :thumbsup:

That's the line that folks break out when literally nothing beyond more opinion supports their position

I'm not much of a Yoo-hoo guy, but I average 2-3 good tickle fights per night (I have 4 year old twins)!

:thumbsup: I got 7 yr old and 9 yr old. Yes, tickle fights are the norm around here.

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

I think that's undervaluing Belichek and overvaluing Ryan, but maybe that's just me.

I will not, however, be joining your tickle fights with Bandit.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I'm sorry buddy, I don't live on the computer all day as you apparently do.

You say you like great pass rushers, what's your opinion on Shaq Lawson? If Lorax is not resigned, do you think the Bills will try to replace him either via FA or draft?

I've been a fan since 1980, based off of 37 years of watching the NFL, Gilmore is not worth $15M a year. IMO, I'd rather have a great front seven that can generate pressure on the QB and LB's that can cover TE's, versus devoting a ton of money to the secondary. Byrd is another example. While I liked Byrd, he wasn't worth what the Saints gave him.

So, you're saying the almighty Belichek never makes a mistake?

It's not really a boundary corner's job to cover TEs. They're supposed to be able to man up against the Antonio Browns of the world, which Gilmore did this year. Did you see the Pitt game? He was excellent.

I'm sorry buddy, I don't live on the computer all day as you apparently do.

You say you like great pass rushers, what's your opinion on Shaq Lawson? If Lorax is not resigned, do you think the Bills will try to replace him either via FA or draft?

I'm fairly middle ground on Shaq; I feel like he's probably Adrian Clayborn-esque, but im hopeful that there's a Terrell Suggs hiding in there somewhere.

I would absolutely be going after a situational pass rusher if LorAx leaves; I've mentioned Dwight Freeney and Elvis Dumervil as my preferred targets (and told my epic saga of Dumervil infatuation--let me be brief and say that I'll never get over the selections of McCargo, Youboty, and Ko Simpson).

I'm fairly middle ground on Shaq; I feel like he's probably Adrian Clayborn-esque, but im hopeful that there's a Terrell Suggs hiding in there somewhere.

I would absolutely be going after a situational pass rusher if LorAx leaves; I've mentioned Dwight Freeney and Elvis Dumervil as my preferred targets (and told my epic saga of Dumervil infatuation--let me be brief and say that I'll never get over the selections of McCargo, Youboty, and Ko Simpson).

It would be nice to see either Freeney or Dumervil in a Bills uniform.

McCargo, Youboty and Simpson were terrible picks. While I liked Marv as our HC, he was a terrible GM. Those picks are in line with Whitner over Ngata and drafting Aaron Maybin.

It's not really a boundary corner's job to cover TEs. They're supposed to be able to man up against the Antonio Browns of the world, which Gilmore did this year. Did you see the Pitt game? He was excellent.

Gilmore did a great job in that game, but has been inconsistent throughout his time in Buffalo. For $15M a year (or even the franchise tag of $14M), you expect more consistency.

To my eyes Gilmore is not worth the contract. He's been inconsistent in coverage and is a bad tackler. But Belichik knows defense and has seen a lot of Gilmore. You'd have to assume that he thinks he can become an all pro caliber player. That concerns me.

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

That's quite the take.....Belichick is 10X better than Rexy was.....he's regarded as the best in the league by his peers and other NFL insiders...

Last time I checked the Pats played good defense while Rex's D was being steam rolled by Fitzy. BB and Rex in the same sentence is a joke.

I hope that Sammy cleats Happy Gilmore right in the face on the way for TD.

I hope he doesn't hurt his foot on Gilmore's face. I just laugh when people have these types of fantasies. We always crave revenge against former players and the hated Pats. The problem is that during the last 17 years we are always the ones getting our faces stomped on. It's probably more likely that Gilmore has a pick six, and makes a tackle that injuries a key player. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Last time I checked the Pats played good defense while Rex's D was being steamed rolled by Fitzy. BB and Rex in the same sentence is a joke.

I hope he doesn't hurt his foot on Gilmore's face. I just laugh when people have these types of fantasies. We always crave revenge against former players and the hated Pats. The problem is that during the last 17 years we are always the ones getting our faces stomped on. It's probably more likely that Gilmore has a pick six, and makes a tackle that injuries a key player.

Thats the spirit

They barely threw the ball that game. They ran for 200+. I guess you could make the argument they ran because our secondary shut them down, but I'd be more inclined to say they ran because our run D sucked.