Gilmore to be...a patriot

I think I would tend to take belichick's side of this particular debate

Not all of the great Belichek's choices workout. I think it's great that Bill is now devoting $15M to a player on the secondary as it could impact other areas on the Patriots.

lol, I can certainly tell. Pretty funny to me. But anyways, whatever floats his boat I guess. Sometimes fans have a hard time getting over certain players leaving and/or getting benched. I have seen a few people get all mad and defensive about EJ when he was benched also, lol so nothing new for me. I find it quite comical.

I get that fans love certain players, but they need to get over when the team either cuts/trades or does not resign that player. Lee Evans is another one I can think of that Bills fans being butt hurt over. You're right, Bandits man-crush on Gilmore is comical. I wonder what Gilmore's excuses are going to be when he blows coverage and fails to tackle in NE? Is Gilmore going to blame others again like he did in Buffalo?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I can certainly tell. Pretty funny to me. But anyways, whatever floats his boat I guess. Sometimes fans have a hard time getting over certain players leaving and/or getting benched. I have seen a few people get all mad and defensive about EJ when he was benched also, lol so nothing new for me. I find it quite comical.

Congrats on missing the boat right along with Jerry!

:lol:

Where you may eventually advance beyond Jer is you may discover that I'm beholden to the facts.

Not emotion

Not preconceived ideas

Not company lines

Facts.

If you post an opinion that flies in the face of literally all relevant data, odds are that I will call you out on it.

Be prepared to defend it with more than just an extra helping of opinion if you want to be taken seriously.

Or don't.

Your call.

Malcolm Butler and Stephon Gilmore, unreal freaking real how a team continues to win SB rings and still gets a talent like Gilmore who wont even be the #1 in NE.

Guy's want to win and unfortunately for us, the best odds they have of getting a ring are in Foxboro.

+1

Patrick, Bandit is by far the biggest Gilmore homer on here. Anytime someone says some negative about Gilmore, he's quick to respond. It's true, Bills fans over-value certain players and this guy thinks Gilmore is the best CB to ever play the game.

Bandit is probably one of the best, most level headed posters on this board. But I guess if you don't follow the mob mentality of Gilmore sucks, you're a homer!

Bill Belichick = Gilmore homer

Congrats on missing the boat right along with Jerry!

:lol:

Where you may eventually advance beyond Jer is you may discover that I'm beholden to the facts.

Not emotion

Not preconceived ideas

Not company lines

Facts.

If you post an opinion that flies in the face of literally all relevant data, odds are that I will call you out on it.

Be prepared to defend it with more than just an extra helping of opinion if you want to be taken seriously.

Or don't.

Your call.

It will be alright. Maybe the next CB that takes his place will fill that empty void for you. I sure hope so my friend.

Bandit is probably one of the best, most level headed posters on this board. But I guess if you don't follow the mob mentality of Gilmore sucks, you're a homer!

Bill Belichick = Gilmore homer

I go by exactly what I see in the games. Apparently, thousands of other Bills fans feel the same way about Gilmore.

Bandit loves stats to death and Belichek said it best "Stats are for losers."

Gilmore getting back at Bills fans who don't know **** about football.

I assume you're one of the ones who knows a lot. Well, I think Gilmore is as overrated as Byrd was when we refused to pay him stupid money. Good, but by no means great. Time will tell...

By the way the Patriots aren't known for great personnel moves. Even the Hogan thing got blown out of proportion, he averaged a whopping 2.3 catches per game last year.

Can't wait to see Gilmore get smoked by Corey Davis next year

I assume you're one of the ones who knows a lot. Well, I think Gilmore is as overrated as Byrd was when we refused to pay him stupid money. Good, but by no means great. Time will tell...

By the way the Patriots aren't known for great personnel moves. Even the Hogan thing got blown out of proportion, he averaged a whopping 2.3 catches per game last year.

Can't wait to see Gilmore get smoked by Corey Davis next year

Lol, I like the sound of that. And Corey Davis would, indeed, smoke Gilmore. I love Corey Davis, was posting about him months ago on this board. Hope he's a Bill in a couple of months.

I go by exactly what I see in the games. Apparently, thousands of other Bills fans feel the same way about Gilmore.

Bandit loves stats to death and Belichek said it best "Stats are for losers."

You just quoted the guy who signed Gilmore to a lot of money.

But hey if Bills' fans say it, it must be true. Definitely go with the opinion of some drunk person jumping through a table over BB. :)

Obviously Bill Belicheck believes Gilmore is a good corner.

But many on a Bills message board...

Same crap on the BBMB as well Teef.

Another 1st rd pick wasted. Actually make it 2 as we will spend another 1st round pick on his replacement or typical DB player this year.

So BILLSY!

You just quoted the guy who signed Gilmore to a lot of money.

But hey if Bills' fans say it, it must be true. Definitely go with the opinion of some drunk person jumping through a table over BB. :)

I've been a fan since 1980, based off of 37 years of watching the NFL, Gilmore is not worth $15M a year. IMO, I'd rather have a great front seven that can generate pressure on the QB and LB's that can cover TE's, versus devoting a ton of money to the secondary. Byrd is another example. While I liked Byrd, he wasn't worth what the Saints gave him.

So, you're saying the almighty Belichek never makes a mistake?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I've been a fan since 1980, based off of 37 years of watching the NFL, Gilmore is not worth $15M a year. IMO, I'd rather have a great front seven that can generate pressure on the QB and LB's that can cover TE's, versus devoting a ton of money to the secondary. Byrd is another example. While I liked Byrd, he wasn't worth what the Saints gave him.

So, you're saying the almighty Belichek never makes a mistake?

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

LOL at posters laughing at and second guessing the Pats. 5 SB's and we are 0 for 17

We are so far from contending that SG makes no difference to us. Pats only need to get incrementally better and they could get #6. Good signing for them

The Patriots will be not only remembered as one of the great dynasty's but they will also always have the largest black cloud over the franchise from all time for all of the cheating allegations during their reign. Ultimately all you have after your gone is how you are remembered. They will forever be linked to cheating.

If and when the Bills ever win one we can take solace in the fact I'm sure there will be no such allegations to tarnish our championship.

Ah yes, the old "moral victory will taste so good" argument. Eventually... if you see it before you kick the bucket. Please get real, no one is going to remember all that crap except Bills fans jealous of their supremacy. And before you write me off - I've been a die-hard Bills fan for over 40 years. I also recognize greatness when I see it.

LOL at posters laughing at and second guessing the Pats. 5 SB's and we are 0 for 17

We are so far from contending that SG makes no difference to us. Pats only need to get incrementally better and they could get #6. Good signing for them

Yeah, having the best QB ever in life as your starting QB can win you a lot of SBs. It's true.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

You're absolutely right. Belichek was nothing special in Cleveland and also in NE before Brady fell into their laps. Any coach would look like a genius with a HOF QB.