We must still draft a QB

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point being?

Cardale's a backup. Why waste an asset on another backup?

Point being is you have to continuously take shots on finding a franchise QB every year until you hit on one. Cardale is not one. Tyrod is not one. Law of averages says the more QBs we pick, the better the chance of finding one. It's not rocket surgery. Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kelly, Peterman, Kizer, all have a better chance of being a top QB than Cardale and Tyrod do. Cardale is not progressing at all and Tyrod is what he is at this point, a guy that may get us to the playoffs but no further IMO.

Edited by Mark80

It sounds like Hoyer is no longer in the picture. Given that EJ is gone, the team still needs to acquire another QB. I fully expect them to draft another QB if they don't do anything else with the position in free agency. That doesn't mean taking one in the 1st round, though.

Point being is you have to continuously take shots on finding a franchise QB every year until you hit on one. Cardale is not one. Tyrod is not one. Law of averages says the more QBs we pick, the better the chance of finding one. It's not rocket surgery. Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kelly, Peterman, Kizer, all have a better chance of being a top QB than Cardale and Tyrod do. Cardale is not progressing at all and Tyrod is what he is at this point, a guy that may get us to the playoffs but no further IMO.

You don't draft QBs every year. Haha.

Draft good players. That is the answer.

Clipboard Jones and EJ are not the answers. Kick The Tires On Tyrod Taylor. Bring in a vet and keep fishing until you catch

the big one. Get him a couple WR's and a RT and hope McD straightens out the D. Like the cut on Carpenter...he was a miss machine.

It seems that everyone wants us to skip drafting a QB this year...

I feel like I'm in a god damn twilight zone episode.

This

Its gonna take the Bears '85 defense and Walter Payton to win us a Superbowl with Tyrod

Edited by Lex Lyon

I know most believe the pressure of trying to fill his uncles shoes here would be too much but I feel like Buffalo may be the only place he would succeed. Strong support system with his family around, an environment that is laid back and without constant media scrutiny like NY or LA and most importantly time to sit back, learn and hopefully eat some slices of humble pie until his chance arrives.

I'm all for this really late in the draft, better yet UDFA.

I am thinking the FO does too... "We are excited about the opportunity to keep Tyrod with the Bills," McDermott said in a statement. "I've gotten a chance to know Tyrod and study him over the past several weeks and he is both a great person and competitor. Doug and I are confident this was best move for the Bills at this time."

I have to think that Tyrod is a stopgap, IMHO, and others as well, this isn't the guy that is going to get us to and win a superbowl. But it is what it is right now.

Mahomes. Mahomes. Mahomes.

It's hilarious how many people act like they are qb gurus. Yeah, this class of qbs sucks. So did the 2000 class where only 1 qb went in the 1st, 0 went in the second, and 2 went in the 3rd. Oh yeah, Brady went in the 6th. http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2000

Nope, let's not draft a qb. The same guys that didn't hsve Brady go before the 6th, Russell go before the 3rd, Dak go before the 4th, or Romeo or Warner get drafted. Let's parrot everything because clearly we have demonstrated that people are great at identifying for qbs.

Let's keep settling for not good enough qbs like Tyrod and Jones (not giving up on him but the odds are small). And next year we will pick on because it will be such a better class. Or it will be Matt Leinart. Or Locker. Or Logan Thomas. The Bills' model of how to spin your wheels!

Actually the majority of drafted qbs bust they have no higher chance of succeeding than TT or Cardale. You are simply throwing your opinion around when history suggests otherwise.