TYROD IS STAYING

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!

TT and Hoyer means not reaching for the weakest part of this draft (QB) while its rich with prospects at critical positions of need like Secondary and WR.

It would be so great if they trade back in the first given their need at positions that are stocked through round 3 - safety and cb: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784501/article/ask-5-which-position-in-2017-nfl-draft-is-the-deepest .

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best part of this will be the people watching aspect of watching FireChan, Ryan L Billz, and MAJbobby melt down all off season over it lol.

It's okay. Once our playoff drought becomes old enough to vote, you'll forget how hard you argued for your boy and I will be there.

I hope this staff is prepared for the backlash that will come if Taylor doesn't perform and if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

But, hey...the Bills sold tickets to those who wanted to see some exciting plays.

This better be a bridge deal with another out after this season with less money than what he was due this season.

the biggest impediment to the Bills winning last season is gone.....Rex Ryan

Better hope all goes well on the D side and Tyrod doesn't continue to be Tyrod or this could get real ugly for 2018. If it was Rex that was the real problem then this staff and Tyrod should have no problems at least matching Rex best here

Edited by xRUSHx

Taylor is the best option for this year-- unfortunately, this just perpetuates mediocrity. Hopefully, the plan is to continue the search for a franchise guy both in this year's draft (somehow get Mahomes?), and down the road. Certainly lessens the odds of finding "the guy" next year, as the record will likely be just good enough to miss the top guys (looks like the "tank for Darnold" idea is dead in the water).

It would be so great if they trade back in the first given their need at positions that are stocked through round 3 - safety and cb: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784501/article/ask-5-which-position-in-2017-nfl-draft-is-the-deepest .

Yeah, trade back in this draft isnt a bad thing at all, especially considering we only have 3 picks in first 4 rounds. However, I suspect the trade up market is going to be thin this year for the same reason. Not sure how many teams are going to want to give up assets in what is being seen as a very deep draft to move up. Takes two to tango.

If we could say move from 10 down to 15-20 and pick up an extra pick or two then that would be ideal. Although, there are some guys at 10 I would hate to pass on

Now the fun actually begins...

I think it's hilarious that anyone, when looking objectively and not emotionally at this entire situation, actually believed it was very likely or even likely that Taylor wouldn't be back in Buffalo.

That said, I don't know the terms of the restructure, but I wish Buffalo just kept him on his current contract because unless Taylor took a paycut (which I don't believe he did), this just kicks the can of Cap money down the road.

On a side note, this move alone says something about the way Buffalo actually feels about Tyrod Taylor's ability to play QB. And that something seems to be a far cry from the lost media and so-called "experts."

Taylor is the best option for this year-- unfortunately, this just perpetuates mediocrity. Hopefully, the plan is to continue the search for a franchise guy both in this year's draft (somehow get Mahomes?), and down the road. Certainly lessens the odds of finding "the guy" next year, as the record will likely be just good enough to miss the top guys (looks like the "tank for Darnold" idea is dead in the water).

We werent going to be worse than SF, CLE, and NYJ anyway. Those 3 are all seeming to head down the tank for rosen/darnold.

I hope someone posts an actual thread about the specific details of the entire restructured contract.

Is it a restructure?

Is it a pay cut?

What is it?

It's been posted. It's a restructure. Cap down from 16mil to under 10 mil. Looks like it's a 5-year deal where after year 3 it's year-to-year.

I hope this staff is prepared for the backlash that will come if Taylor doesn't perform and if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

What QB option would have performed better than Taylor and gotten them to the playoff's? And plz don't say Romo...

So another year not trying to take a QB in the draft...

Why is everyone okay with this? I'm sick of, "this year's QB draft isn't great, wait 'til next year". I feel like I read that EVERY YEAR! Don't fall for that crap and take QB's! Why is this so complicated!?

They were never at no time going to take a QB at #10, Not this year. They could still take one in the 3rd or 4th but not before and it depends on who is available at the time. They went with the best option, just like Bills fans want them to do. Choose the best option. I know you really were not asking them to reach and hope for a rookie to start this coming season were you? How was that going to work out? They played the best hand they had. It's not over yet.

I, for one, m happy with this. I have thought all along that we should be bringing him back. Our offense hasn't been this good in a while and I truly think he will be able to get us over the hump and at least into the playoffs. A few more key pieces around him and we could be Super Bowl bound or just bound for 2-14 and looking at the qb class of 2019 for our saving grace.