Cleveland Heavily After Tyrod Taylor.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal mentioned this morning he could see TT being traded to Cleveland for a third, then the Bills turning that third around to K.C. for Foles. Sometimes Sal can be an enabler for the front office and I kind of heard that in his voice when he was talking about this today.

I hope not, Id keep the pick over Foles, just let Cardale start and lets fill the holes on defense.

I am extremely indifferent on Taylor. I wouldn't mind keeping him and watching (hopefully) a competitive team next year. I also understand ripping the band-aid off.

If they are going to move him I would hate acquiring picks and then flipping them for another middling Journeyman (Foles' name being knocked around is nauseating).

Pick a direction and commit. The bumbling fools running the show will likely screw it up though.

this too.

This is a very difficult topic.

At times you watch Taylor and you realize how electrifying he is as a player and other times you get frustrated with his lack of field vision.

Then I look at they type of offense that Dennison runs and I get excited. With Manning as a QB Denver didn't use the rollout much but in Texas that was a big part of his offense and I think that is something Taylor does really well. We can all agree that throwing over the middle was an issue for Taylor, but if he's rolling out, the field would be cut in 1/2 giving him easier reads.

That get me excited and I think Taylor can be very successful in that system.

Do you keep Taylor with that in mind or do you start over? Very difficult decision.

Hold on. Doesn't trading Taylor create $18 mil in dead cap space?

If I remember correctly, if we trade him in the three day window (mar 9-11) before we pick up the option, we're off the hook. It's been discussed in a thread around here somewhere.

I really think the bills are going to let the deadline come and go with no action, all the while enjoying the rabble go rabble rabble rabble.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

The Bills would jump at the 33rd pick for Taylor, but it's just wishful thinking. The Browns are not interested in his current contract so they aren't trading anything for him. They do have interest in the player and he fits what Jackson wants to do, but he wouldn't prevent them from pursuing other QBs.

This is a very difficult topic.

At times you watch Taylor and you realize how electrifying he is as a player and other times you get frustrated with his lack of field vision.

Then I look at they type of offense that Dennison runs and I get excited. With Manning as a QB Denver didn't use the rollout much but in Texas that was a big part of his offense and I think that is something Taylor does really well. We can all agree that throwing over the middle was an issue for Taylor, but if he's rolling out, the field would be cut in 1/2 giving him easier reads.

That get me excited and I think Taylor can be very successful in that system.

Do you keep Taylor with that in mind or do you start over? Very difficult decision.

West Coast O and innovative coaching will help increase Taylors field of vision and production. With the size and skill set closely resembling Steve Young and operating out of a better system its very possible Tyrod Taylor can reach the next level IMO.

I Billieve...

Edited by brofist61

Tyrod plus our 2nd rounder for their #12

Then I'm picking Watson and WR Williams or Davis

I might do that

Why wouldn't Cleveland just wait until we cut him?

This was just written in Bleacher, the report says their interest is in Tyrod as a FA

Because a trade guarantees he is theirs. FA he can go wherever he wants and I highly doubt it would be Cleveland.

How about 1 and 33 for Tyrod 10 and our 2nd?

probably would still need or first next year.

I wouldnt trade for less than their 12th pick. Then we can grab a QB, WR, and DB within round 1 and 2.

Thats a good idea.

We still could with their 33rd pick

I don't understand what is going on in this thread.

How is Tyrod both good enough to get the 33rd pick for but bad enough to move on from? Some people even think the 12th pick!

If he is worth that much why wouldn't you keep him? If the answer is because you don't think he is a good qb why would someone give up a high second (or first) round pick for them?

he Eagles got a first,and a fourth for Bradford. Is TT's value more than that? Again I say a second and a fourth would be fair,especially if someone was willing to pick up half his cap hit for this year

No. The Vikings were desperate.

Exactly.. I'd only trade him if we can get a team to overpay for him, otherwise our best bet at playoffs is still with Tyrod (I'd still like to see us draft a QB this year).

How is Tyrod both good enough to get the 33rd pick for but bad enough to move on from? Some people even think the 12th pick!

If he is worth that much why wouldn't you keep him? If the answer is because you don't think he is a good qb why would someone give up a high second (or first) round pick for them?

I don't know. I personally want to see Tyrod stay and work with Dennison.

I don't know. I personally want to see Tyrod stay and work with Dennison.

You can bet that if Tyrod stays it was Dennison and McD who forced the issue. I don't doubt that the penny pinching powers that be at OBD are the ones hoping they get an offer the Bills can't refuse via trade. Out of all the starting QBs in this league there are maybe 5 that scream Elite right now.. Tyrod is Middle of the pack with 2 years starting under his belt and some heavy barriers he was asked to overcome without legitimate WRs, or atleast healthy ones, the Roman scapegoat and overall Buffaloian Bill incompetency we've become conditioned to accept.

I wanna keep him and draft another QB this year to hedge our bets. We're not gonna get Romo or even Glennon. No Tyrod and we're left praying for a Dak Prescott-like revelation.

Because Bradford got a 1st Tyrod gets a 2nd. I just hope we get that pick.

You can bet that if Tyrod stays it was Dennison and McD who forced the issue. I don't doubt that the penny pinching powers that be at OBD are the ones hoping they get an offer the Bills can't refuse via trade. Out of all the starting QBs in this league there are maybe 5 that scream Elite right now.. Tyrod is Middle of the pack with 2 years starting under his belt and some heavy barriers he was asked to overcome without legitimate WRs, or atleast healthy ones, the Roman scapegoat and overall Buffaloian Bill incompetency we've become conditioned to accept.

I wanna keep him and draft another QB this year to hedge our bets. We're not gonna get Romo or even Glennon. No Tyrod and we're left praying for a Dak Prescott-like revelation.

Tyrod is not middle of the pack. He stinks as a passer. We are not winning anything with him. He has not beaten a good team since taking over. Stop living in La La land. He is not worth $10 million let alone all the guaranteed money he would get on the extension. You are an apologist for the guy. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it. Watch the NFL a little bit. Watch how the good ones make plays effortlessly. They do two things that Tyrod does not do. They are decisive where they want to go with the ball on every snap. And when they throw, they are very accurate most of the time. Decisiveness and Accuracy. The good and great ones have it. Tyrod does not.

Because Bradford got a 1st Tyrod gets a 2nd. I just hope we get that pick.

Bradford is an interesting study for me. I think he sucks and I think the Vikes gave up a first because of how desperate they were. However they are the second team to give up a first for him. I like Tyrod as we all know but the 33rd pick would certainly intrigue me. 12th is a no brainer.

Tyrod is not middle of the pack. He stinks as a passer. We are not winning anything with him. He has not beaten a good team since taking over. Stop living in La La land. He is not worth $10 million let alone all the guaranteed money he would get on the extension. You are an apologist for the guy. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it. Watch the NFL a little bit. Watch how the good ones make plays effortlessly. They do two things that Tyrod does not do. They are decisive where they want to go with the ball on every snap. And when they throw, they are very accurate most of the time. Decisiveness and Accuracy. The good and great ones have it. Tyrod does not.

I watch a lot of football. Too much actually.

The things I bolded I would like to ask you; how many qbs do this in your opinion? Can I get some names? You are falling into a hyperbole trap. Nobody is decisive on every snap. Nobody reads the defense correctly 100% of the time. I also am interested in knowing how many qbs you think do this.