WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

Why would you have a lesser opinion of them?

Probably because I think it's about the dumbest form of entertainment ever conceived and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would waste their time on it, much less debate it vociferously.

I guess I should just view wrestling fans in the same way as folks who get excited about discussing movies or TV shows or musical artists...but for some reason I can't.

Probably because I think it's about the dumbest form of entertainment ever conceived and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would waste their time on it, much less debate it vociferously.

I guess I should just view wrestling fans in the same way as folks who get excited about discussing movies or TV shows or musical artists...but for some reason I can't.

Interesting, you are able to acknowledge that it is like other things but is not for you, yet still hold a certain disdain for it

Side note, anyone here play the WWE Champions game? I saw there is a BillsMafia faction and wondered if any of those guys are on here

All I know is that Braun coming back and out the back of an ambulance is exactly what we need

The pop he gets for beating the hell out of Reigns is hysterical. I'm glad McMahon isn't trying to push him as a heel, and just letting him be a monster.

Interesting decision to re-do the Women's MOTB match.

While I get the idea of having Ellsworth interfere and win the match for Carmella (which seemed to draw a lot of heat from tonight's crowd as they bragged), I am ultimately mixed on whether or not it was a good idea. I think the booking was a slap in the face of the women's division after they all worked hard night after night to be taken seriously, rather than the horrible bathroom break/bra and panties-type matches of ages past.

Interesting decision to re-do the Women's MOTB match.

While I get the idea of having Ellsworth interfere and win the match for Carmella (which seemed to draw a lot of heat from tonight's crowd as they bragged), I am ultimately mixed on whether or not it was a good idea. I think the booking was a slap in the face of the women's division after they all worked hard night after night to be taken seriously, rather than the horrible bathroom break/bra and panties-type matches of ages past.

Yeah the initial decision is questionable, but they drew a lot of heat and Carmella's promo sold me on the fact that they should have let her keep the case, she focused all the anger on to her. She should win the re-match with shenanigans again, just to add more heat

X

Yeah the initial decision is questionable, but they drew a lot of heat and Carmella's promo sold me on the fact that they should have let her keep the case, she focused all the anger on to her. She should win the re-match with shenanigans again, just to add more heat

Ellesworth has got to go.. fun while it lasted. Liked him alright as a baby face but this Carmella gig is just awful. Maybe put Enzo back with her and give Cass the push he needs to be the Champ.

7 feet tall... Can't Teach That!

X

Ellesworth has got to go.. fun while it lasted. Liked him alright as a baby face but this Carmella gig is just awful. Maybe put Enzo back with her and give Cass the push he needs to be the Champ.

7 feet tall... Can't Teach That!

I actually don't mind Ellsworth in this role. He's a perfect tool/douchebag comedy heel. He gets good crowd reactions. Just look at him getting Bryan worked up by referencing his daughter. That was classic heeling. He's eventually going to get annihilated by someone as a payoff (hopefully Becky.)

I actually don't mind Ellsworth in this role. He's a perfect tool/douchebag comedy heel. He gets good crowd reactions. Just look at him getting Bryan worked up by referencing his daughter. That was classic heeling. He's eventually going to get annihilated by someone as a payoff (hopefully Becky.)

I am with you on this, I even liked when he was doing his "Duh!" thing. He is perfectly annoying and you shouldn't like him and want to see him get bashed in, that's his job as a heel and he is doing it well imo.

He and Becky were going back and forth on twitter awhile back, I was hoping it would be a match eventually. Perhaps Ellsworth does shenanigans similar to what Jericho did when he was banned from ringside to help KO (wore Sin Cara mask) to help Carmella win again. Becky goes to D Bry and asks for a match against him for a measure of revenge

• 2 weeks later...

it's getting unwatchable with all the posturing and posing going on...that rap battle with the uso's and new day...randy orton posing on the ring and the opponent allowing him to do so.....the ladder matches where they suddenly don't have enough energy to climb the ladder....they need to get back to the more realistic reactions and stop mugging so much and making it dramatic for the cameras. it's tough to watch these days.

it's getting unwatchable with all the posturing and posing going on...that rap battle with the uso's and new day...randy orton posing on the ring and the opponent allowing him to do so.....the ladder matches where they suddenly don't have enough energy to climb the ladder....they need to get back to the more realistic reactions and stop mugging so much and making it dramatic for the cameras. it's tough to watch these days.

I agree the rap battle was stupid, especially the ending. Although I did appreciate the (thinly veiled) shot the Usos took at Xavier Woods being in the Paige sex video. I'm mildly surprised the WWE script monitors allowed that one to go through.

As for the posing, the WWE is never really going to allow much in the way of interrupting entrance routines. I did like how Aiden English asked Orton mid-pose if he was done yet, before attacking him.

What is "ambulance crash?" I haven't watched

after Roman lost to Braun in the ambulance match, roman threw braun into the back, and then floored the ambulance in reverse into what looked like the back end of a semi trailer

Jason Jordan as Kurt Angle's son? Meh. These types of storylines never turn out well.

Guess that explains why they've been sorta pushing Chad Gable as a singles wrestler.

At least it should mean they begin to give him a push and we should pay attention to him, he has all the tools I just wonder about his personality/character is all

At least it should mean they begin to give him a push and we should pay attention to him, he has all the tools I just wonder about his personality/character is all

I can see them pushing him as the guy with "American values" being given opportunity after opportunity by his long-lost dad, before betraying daddy in favor of HHH (setting up a match between Angle and Trips.)

Edited by Koko78

I can see them pushing him as the guy with "American values" being given opportunity after opportunity by his long-lost dad, before betraying daddy in favor of HHH (setting up a match between Angle and Trips.)

That could work, I don't know how good of a heel he could be though which he would need to be a good one to sell the betrayal of Kurt

That could work, I don't know how good of a heel he could be though which he would need to be a good one to sell the betrayal of Kurt

I think they could get away with it, so long as JJ can sell the love/affection with Angle before HHH reveals this was all an evil setup because reasons. You know Hunter/Stephanie would be all over doing the actual heeling.

I think they could get away with it, so long as JJ can sell the love/affection with Angle before HHH reveals this was all an evil setup because reasons. You know Hunter/Stephanie would be all over doing the actual heeling.

If so this would have to be a long play, so we get a few feel good moments between Angle and JJ to really play up the proud father and son spot so that when they stab him in the back it will mean more

If so this would have to be a long play, so we get a few feel good moments between Angle and JJ to really play up the proud father and son spot so that when they stab him in the back it will mean more

Trips does like his slow burn storylines...

Anyhow, I'm just hoping this is minimally marginally more entertaining that the crapshow that was Hornswoggle being McMahon's kid. Not setting the bar too high for entertainment value, logic, consistency, or that the writers will even remember this development in 6 weeks.

Edited by Koko78

Anyhow, I'm just hoping this is minimally marginally more entertaining that the crapshow that was Hornswoggle being McMahon's kid. Not setting the bar too high for entertainment value, logic, consistency, or that the writers will even remember this development in 6 weeks.

If this was smackdown of last year I would have faith, granted raw has been better than smackdown this year, but that's not really saying much. What the hell happened to the smackdown writers this year though?? my god it seemed to look better once the dust from the shake up happened and then they took a sharp turn and drove it off a cliff it seems

The Great Khali returns... Well, if he is going to wrestle at SummerSlam, I hope they put it mid way through the show so that everyone can take a convenient bathroom break without missing anything entertaining.

The Great Khali returns... Well, if he is going to wrestle at SummerSlam, I hope they put it mid way through the show so that everyone can take a convenient bathroom break without missing anything entertaining.

If they use him strictly as a manager and enforcer im ok with that, he just should not see the inside of a ring in any meaningful wrestling way

If this was smackdown of last year I would have faith, granted raw has been better than smackdown this year, but that's not really saying much. What the hell happened to the smackdown writers this year though?? my god it seemed to look better once the dust from the shake up happened and then they took a sharp turn and drove it off a cliff it seems

Smackdown has a much shallower roster as a result of the shake-up, which is probably the biggest issue in my opinion. The writing has been about the same where they have workhorse U.S. Champion, they're promoting their women's division more than the red brand, and they're establishing a new heel as WWE Champion (and also doing some international expansion) as well as using The New Day and the Usos correctly.

But when that goes from the pre shake-up roster to Carmella and Lana getting significant airtime and no tag teams on the back end with the split of American Alpha, the show becomes a little bit marginal.

This storyline will suck because there's no interesting payoff that's possible and JJ doesn't have the chops on the microphone to make this work. It's why he was put with Gable to begin with.

If I was attending I would prefer him in the main event. He could be a great traffic beater.